Unpopular Opinions

On 11/27/2021 at 9:23 PM, the admiral said:

Correct, and so should the Jets and Maple Leafs. Really, just put the whole league back to white at home and have the Habs be the team that only breaks out the "home" uniform for special occasions.

I'd say that the teams known for their primary colour far outweigh the teams known for their white jerseys. Philadelphia should be in orange at home, San Jose should be in teal, Dallas should be in green, the Rangers should be in blue, Washington & Calgary should be in red, etc.

I am in favour of having teams decide which uniform they want to wear at home for the duration of the playoffs though. The Jets & Coyotes should be able to match the whiteout in the stands, and as long as the opposing equipment managers know going into the postseason there shouldn't be any logistical issues.

4 hours ago, DCarp1231 said:

Not sure how unpopular this is, but the Bears have a better orange alternate jersey than the Broncos

I wish they'd pair them with blue pants like the 30s Bears did though.

• Like 1

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

4 hours ago, DCarp1231 said:

Not sure how unpopular this is, but the Bears have a better orange alternate jersey than the Broncos

Are you strictly talking about each alternate, or that the bears alternate is better than the broncos primary because that is 100% true. If you are saying it’s better than their color rush alt then that is just personal preference, I view both about the same but don’t particularly like the bears font so the broncos get the nod for me. 

• Like 2

On 12/6/2021 at 6:39 PM, DTConcepts said:

Not sure how popular or unpopular this is, but the Islanders look better with double outlines on their jerseys.

maxresdefault.jpg

cut.jpg

I hate the floating outline. I don't like a contrasting double outline either. Nor do I like a single color number. Exactly one outline is how every jersey, in every sport should be.

Carolina Panthers (2012 - Pres)Carolina Hurricanes (2000 - Pres)

2 hours ago, throwuascenario said:

I hate the floating outline. I don't like a contrasting double outline either. Nor do I like a single color number. Exactly one outline is how every jersey, in every sport should be.

No.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

And those are just a few examples.

• Like 7

This would only really be an unpopular opnion around here. But I don't think that every single team in each league needs to have a completely unique color scheme. I think it's fine that the Oilers and the Islanders used to have similar color schemes. Or the Penguins and Bruins. Or all the navy/red teams in baseball (although I hate the color navy in sports branding, but that's a whole different topic). If two teams look right a certain way, there's no reason for one to change just so that they're different.

• Like 9

18 hours ago, LA Fakers+ LA Snippers said:

No.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

And those are just a few examples.

I don't think any of those are particularly good uniforms, and all of them would be much better with a single outline. The only one that's even close is Dallas because it matches their logo. But I still think that a white number with silver outline would look better. On all the rest, the numbers look small and weak. Look at the Dolphins' change a few years back and how much of a difference a single outline can make.

• Yawn 1

16 hours ago, tigers said:

New England Revolution's palm tree logo

spacer.png

Once you see it.

When you isolate this part of the logo, yeah. In the confines of the overall design, it doesn't look like a palm tree at all. You can isolate an element of most any logo design and make it look like something it isn't.

• Like 3

I've probably said this before I but I drink a lot and forget things, but the talk in the NHL thread brings me here to say I love the Fisherman logo, maybe because I was 5 when it came out, IDK, but I even own a hoody with that logo on it (it's actually may favorite fitting hoody) and I'm not even an Islanders fan.

• Like 3

On 12/9/2021 at 1:12 PM, throwuascenario said:

This would only really be an unpopular opnion around here. But I don't think that every single team in each league needs to have a completely unique color scheme. I think it's fine that the Oilers and the Islanders used to have similar color schemes. Or the Penguins and Bruins. Or all the navy/red teams in baseball (although I hate the color navy in sports branding, but that's a whole different topic). If two teams look right a certain way, there's no reason for one to change just so that they're different.

I agree with this, however, I do prefer when clubs have distinct shades of certain colours if they share colour schemes. There's no reason for the Lightning to use the same shade of blue as the Leafs, for example. Why couldn't they go back to the brighter blue of yesteryear? 

• Like 2

new_orleans_krewe_player_sig___qb_donny_

On 12/11/2021 at 4:41 PM, KittSmith_95 said:

I agree with this, however, I do prefer when clubs have distinct shades of certain colours if they share colour schemes. There's no reason for the Lightning to use the same shade of blue as the Leafs, for example. Why couldn't they go back to the brighter blue of yesteryear? 

I would argue that the Lightning look bad - not because they look too much like the Maple Leafs - but because they don't look enough like the Lightning.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, throwuascenario said:

I would argue that the Lightning look bad - not because they look too much like the Maple Leafs - but because they don't look enough like the Lightning.

Right, they don’t look like the lightning because they look like the maple leafs 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

On 12/6/2021 at 2:44 PM, DCarp1231 said:

I have always preferred the blue jersey being Denver's primary over the orange, it just seems off with that late 90's design. There are also a few kinks to be worked out with Chicago's orange alts (I think they should add the alternate Bear logo instead of the Wishbone C on the helmet), but I think I agree with you. 

• Like 2

rAUPGPZ.png

2 hours ago, JerseyJimmy said:

...wait, is the top of the puck teal/silver, or is it just the lighting

It's the lighting.

6df417841690e8f4.jpg

I agree that the 1998 redesign is the best the Islanders ever looked. The darker color palette work wonders for them. Solid look all around. Maybe use the above jersey as a third if they needed one.