Unpopular Opinions

On 12/6/2021 at 3:39 PM, DTConcepts said:

Not sure how popular or unpopular this is, but the Islanders look better with double outlines on their jerseys.

With the exception of that dumb shoulder patch and the awful orange alternate, 1998-2007 is the best the Islanders have ever looked.

The pre-Edge era is the best a lot of (but not all) teams have ever looked. The Islanders and Flames especially never should've changed from those looks. They've gotten worse since then.

• Like 3

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

On 12/6/2021 at 3:08 PM, spartacat_12 said:

I'd say that the teams known for their primary colour far outweigh the teams known for their white jerseys. Philadelphia should be in orange at home, San Jose should be in teal, Dallas should be in green, the Rangers should be in blue, Washington & Calgary should be in red, etc.

I am in favour of having teams decide which uniform they want to wear at home for the duration of the playoffs though. The Jets & Coyotes should be able to match the whiteout in the stands, and as long as the opposing equipment managers know going into the postseason there shouldn't be any logistical issues.

Monochrome hockey uniforms suck, and white should be the home color just to avoid monochrome at home.  I can't think of a single team that looks better in their monochrome uniform than they do in their white sweater.

The Flyers look fine in orange because they have black pants, but maybe it's just because of my age, but their white jersey is their "best" one to me, and I'd be 100% in favor of white at home again.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

On 12/12/2021 at 8:47 PM, dont care said:

Right, they don’t look like the lightning because they look like the maple leafs 

If they came out with those Day 1 as a franchise, that would be their identity. That's just what the Lightning would look like. No one would care that they sort of look like the Maple Leafs. That doesn't change the fact that they're horrible, bland, uninspired uniforms. But that's a different issue.

• Yawn 1

Carolina Panthers (2012 - Pres)Carolina Hurricanes (2000 - Pres)

4 hours ago, throwuascenario said:

If they came out with those Day 1 as a franchise, that would be their identity. That's just what the Lightning would look like. No one would care that they sort of look like the Maple Leafs. That doesn't change the fact that they're horrible, bland, uninspired uniforms. But that's a different issue.

You’re wrong but ok

• LOL 1

7 hours ago, DCarp1231 said:

I actually loved the Rams LA-transitional set from 2017-19. Specifically this uniform

spacer.png

Congratulations, you just won the thread. That is the least popular opinion I've seen here on the boards. I don't know if I should feel proud of you or be disappointed in you.

• Like 22
  • LOL 1

lBzmcSM.png

Perrin Grubb | Aspiring Designer | NAFA Project ~ NFL Redesigns

11 hours ago, DCarp1231 said:

I actually loved the Rams LA-transitional set from 2017-19. Specifically this uniform

spacer.png

That combo stinks. There’s no individual piece that looks bad, but that jersey is so gold heavy, whereas there is no gold anywhere else. I loved those pants and helmet, however. They looked really good in white over white, in my opinion.spacer.png

• Like 2

13 hours ago, lgbaseball8 said:

That combo stinks. There’s no individual piece that looks bad, but that jersey is so gold heavy, whereas there is no gold anywhere else. I loved those pants and helmet, however. They looked really good in white over white, in my opinion.spacer.png

The white on white is a fine look since the gold isn't as prevalent, but the mismatch between the jerseys and the rest of the uniform is unforgivable, especially on the navy jersey. I don't think the transitional set is quite atrocious as the mono-bone current look, but it's still worse than  every other combo the rams currently have, and I say this as someone who absolutely hates the Rams' current set. I'd rather take gimmicky, over-designed trash than downright ugly color balance on an otherwise decent uniform.

• Like 3

lBzmcSM.png

Perrin Grubb | Aspiring Designer | NAFA Project ~ NFL Redesigns

On 12/26/2021 at 10:28 AM, DCarp1231 said:

spacer.png

At this point you're just being a contrarian.  Not even the helmet looks good, considering the white mask and white chinstraps ruin the look of the horns on the majority of the players. 

• Like 15

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

On 12/29/2021 at 3:11 PM, Bruhammydude said:

The Boston Bruins look better in brown and gold, than in black and gold

I don’t think that’s really unpopular, just that they have been black and gold for pretty close to a century if not longer that they can’t really change at this point.

• Like 1