Unpopular Opinions

I liked the Capitals' Capitol Building logo and black jerseys. I don't think they should go back to those, as the Caps should be a red and blue (navy) team, but they were good looking jerseys in a vacuum.

spacer.png

• Like 9
  • Dislike 1

16 hours ago, ujju2 said:

I liked the Capitals' Capitol Building logo and black jerseys. I don't think they should go back to those, as the Caps should be a red and blue (navy) team, but they were good looking jerseys in a vacuum.

spacer.png

I loved everything about these (including the color scheme) except for the number font.  The font was awful.

• Like 4

On 7/1/2022 at 3:45 PM, throwuascenario said:

Side note, I do think it's interesting how different sports have evolved to have such different norms. Mismatched jersey/shorts looks so out of place on a basketball court, but most people here woud agree that it's how football uniforms should always be worn.

I guess this fits in this thread, but I really liked these uniforms. 

spacer.png

• Like 8

18 minutes ago, Chromatic said:

I liked the Oilers in orange and wish they kept that look.

I liked the orange as an alternate when it had the royal blue numbers and stripes. The navy on it looked awful and nothing should ever be their primary except what they just brought back. So basically I think they had it exactly right in 2016.

• Like 3

Carolina Panthers (2012 - Pres)Carolina Hurricanes (2000 - Pres)

20 hours ago, ujju2 said:

I also loved the Thrashers' logo and their asymmetrical home jerseys.

spacer.png

That was a good look absolutely ruined by the Edge transition.

• Like 9

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

On 7/6/2022 at 3:44 PM, ujju2 said:

I also loved the Thrashers' logo and their asymmetrical home jerseys.

spacer.png

Yeah it managed to straddle the line well between having a non traditional design while not going full blown garishly "modern" with random panels, piping to nowhere, etc.

The one thing I really didn't like it about it was I thought the colour scheme was off.  It was a mess of too many shades and muted tones.

17 hours ago, Chromatic said:

Yeah it managed to straddle the line well between having a non traditional design while not going full blown garishly "modern" with random panels, piping to nowhere, etc.

The one thing I really didn't like it about it was I thought the colour scheme was off.  It was a mess of too many shades and muted tones.

I actually loved the colour scheme, one of my favourite things about that look.

• Love 1

8 hours ago, Cujo said:

The slanty numbers went so unbelievably hard

joseph_801__34950.1647630989.jpg?c=2

rBNaFV8a78iAXNqfAAKtKU51QgU249.jpg

I'm not much of a Hockey fan so I don't carry the tradionalist type viewpoints on uniforms and with that being said, I always thought most of the 90's NHL uniforms were awesome. Having wavy numbers to go with the water waves is pretty creative.

I understand why people didn't like the Islanders Fisherman logo but I personally thought it looked pretty good if you just forget that it's suppose to belong to a traditional type team.

These logos are nice.

890.png

mjfh90bxecszrp1vt74hjs3jc.png

• Like 8

bSLCtu2.png

9 hours ago, Old School Fool said:

I'm not much of a Hockey fan so I don't carry the tradionalist type viewpoints on uniforms and with that being said, I always thought most of the 90's NHL uniforms were awesome. Having wavy numbers to go with the water waves is pretty creative.

I understand why people didn't like the Islanders Fisherman logo but I personally thought it looked pretty good if you just forget that it's suppose to belong to a traditional type team.

These logos are nice.

890.png

The bulk of the disdain for the fisherman jerseys comes from the fact that they replaced a classic hockey identity that had won four straight Stanley Cups. I've said forever that if the Islanders were an expansion team in the '90s that came out with those jerseys, they'd be as well-loved as the Coyotes' Kachina or the Capitals' Screagle jerseys.

• Like 8
  • Dislike 1

2 hours ago, DTConcepts said:

The bulk of the disdain for the fisherman jerseys comes from the fact that they replaced a classic hockey identity that had won four straight Stanley Cups.

Then they did this as a compromise 🥴🥴

6f845b5d691cf206.jpg

• Love 1
  • Hurl 1

6uXNWAo.png

21 hours ago, Old School Fool said:

These logos are nice.

890.png

If it were only an alternate, it would have been fine.  As the primary, it was a little too over the top for the Islanders.  Maybe if they had dropped the shoulder yoke and positioned the numbers in a more normal way, maybe it could have worked. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure how unpopular this is, but teams switching from powder blue to grey road jerseys was a monstrosity. 

But I’ll even go a step further and say that teams like the Orioles, Pirates, and Athletics who had colored road uniforms with colored pants should have never went away from those either. 

If your colors and brand work for powder blue or colored jersey with pants (just please no color over gray, ruins the look) that should be your road jersey. (Honestly clean up those city connects and I’d throw the Dodgers and White Sox in this category too)

• Like 3

i have unquantifiable corpses on my conscience