Unpopular Opinions

I will argue that any look that can be permanently replaced after 5-10 years, never needs to come back. Throwbacks for throwbacks sake is a blight on sports design.

The Super Bowl era uniforms are the best uniforms the Bucs have worn. I like the Alarm Clocks, the idea for reflective number is a neat effect though as stated before the font/slicing could be better. I like the heavier pewter look balanced against the brighter red. The one knock I would say about the Super Bowl era uniforms is it's missing an element on the top to make it look more like a football uniform and less a T-Shirt. Give credit to the Creamsicles but there's at least sleeve striping. Having pewter yokes gives that element. Creamsicle orange being nothing but an accent is a feature not a bug and they could've improved the look by deleting it all together honestly.

When I started watching football in the 90s, the Buccaneers only existed to me as a team on trading cards. I never played as them in Madden, I never saw them on TV, and they had basically no national identity until they switched uniforms and stomped an excellent 49ers team week 1 of 1997.

As a kid, I saw Bucco Bruce as a weird Donruss oddity for a team that everyone knew was a permanent doormat; 14 straight losing seasons will do that. I don't have any affection for them outside of general nostalgia for American society's economic peak in the 1990s before it all fell apart.

• Applause 1

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

1 hour ago, CaptainEricVGC said:

Two more for the fireplace
1) There's no grey jersey that wouldn't have looked better black
2)There's no cream/heritage white/bone jersey that wouldn't have looked better white.

E_h_LMfXsAAGXcV.jpg

• Like 7

8 hours ago, LA Fakers+ LA Snippers said:

E_h_LMfXsAAGXcV.jpg

These uniforms are an abomination. At least with black they would've fit the era 

7 hours ago, Ridleylash said:

spacer.png

Switching the black and grey on these jerseys would vastly improve the look by giving more contrast for the metallic gold to shine. You can reference the Saints for a similar effect. This isn't hard folks.

• LOL 1
  • Yawn 1
  • Dislike 2

10 hours ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

When I started watching football in the 90s, the Buccaneers only existed to me as a team on trading cards. I never played as them in Madden, I never saw them on TV, and they had basically no national identity until they switched uniforms and stomped an excellent 49ers team week 1 of 1997.

As a kid, I saw Bucco Bruce as a weird Donruss oddity for a team that everyone knew was a permanent doormat; 14 straight losing seasons will do that. I don't have any affection for them outside of general nostalgia for American society's economic peak in the 1990s before it all fell apart.

Finally someone with common sense

• Dislike 1

On 8/29/2022 at 8:01 PM, Ridleylash said:

spacer.png

spacer.png

Here's the design they went to after that. It's different, sure, but it still holds to those same ideals; unique color, simple design. My only real qualm is the black on the stripe and the black socks kinda blending into the pewter pants too much, but otherwise this is an extremely solid update to their identity that deservedly has come back to being their main look.

Now look at this.

spacer.png

Besides the awful number font, this whole look just doesn't balance itself well. It's too pewter-heavy, making the orange that has been with the franchise since their inception into literally nothing but a barely-notable accent color.  And the white version is just as terribly-balanced, if not even worse;

I know there's a lot to criticize about the execution of this set, but this point is kind of silly. 

You can't complain about orange being a barely noticeable accent when it has more orange than the much beloved championship uniforms that came before and after them. 

If anything, one of the things Nike did right with the alarm-clock set is make the orange slightly more prominent. 

Forget about championships, the Bucs have never looked better than they did during the creamsicle era. It's a shame they moved on from it. (UNPOPULAR OPINION ALERT) And I'll say it again about the alarm-clock uniforms: they're nowhere near great, but they're also nowhere near as bad as the hyperbole. More traditional numbers, plus a rethinking of the helmet, and you've got the foundation of something that works. 

• Like 7

On 8/31/2022 at 9:46 AM, gosioux76 said:

I know there's a lot to criticize about the execution of this set, but this point is kind of silly. 

You can't complain about orange being a barely noticeable accent when it has more orange than the much beloved championship uniforms that came before and after them. 

If anything, one of the things Nike did right with the alarm-clock set is make the orange slightly more prominent. 

Forget about championships, the Bucs have never looked better than they did during the creamsicle era. It's a shame they moved on from it. (UNPOPULAR OPINION ALERT) And I'll say it again about the alarm-clock uniforms: they're nowhere near great, but they're also nowhere near as bad as the hyperbole. More traditional numbers, plus a rethinking of the helmet, and you've got the foundation of something that works. 

Yeah their argument regarding colors is way off base IMO.

On the alarm clock unis the red POPS because the pewter is darker. And you're right, the orange accents give the color more notice than the sliver stripes they get in the Super Bowl sets. I also think the road set had fine color balance with the red since it was on the socks, numbers, and giant logo.

I see the argument for the Super Bowl sets being superior, but the original pewter and darker red were far more muddled than the alarm clock set, even if you prefer the balance.

• Like 4

On 8/30/2022 at 4:35 PM, DG_ThenNowForever said:

Huh, I thought Donruss was baseball only...but fair enough on the Bucs.  As far as teams I don't actively hate (Cowboys, Niners, Vikings, Dolphins, Jets were my 90s shortlist...funny thing is I can't even remember why I hated the Jets, there was literally no reason to 😄) I can definitely say I never really played as the Bucs either.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

On 8/31/2022 at 7:46 AM, gosioux76 said:

The Orange Jersey from Creamsicle Uni was difficult for Vinnys collorblind eyes. 

Edited by officeglenn
Correct quote attribution

On 8/18/2022 at 1:47 PM, DTConcepts said:

I think saying "I like the Thrashers' jerseys" in this thread is akin to saying "I like the Coyotes' kachina jerseys" in this thread. It would've been sacrilege ten years ago, but it's kind of a lukewarm take nowadays.

Do I get points for always liking the Thrashers' jerseys? 😂

2 hours ago, Echo said:

While I agree with you there, I also believe that this:

sP8OzDi.jpg

is MUCH BETTER than

pMyLeIR.jpg?1

I also agree. I think the best solution would be to bring back the old uniforms and replace the navy blue outline on the current bronco head with that lighter blue and put it on the helmet.

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D