Unpopular Opinions

I love those Anaheim Ducks Reverse Retros, too (all together now , "make them your primaries").

However, I read that they will be wearing orange pants with them. Why?? 

Since the bottom of the jersey is orange, wouldn't the uniform look better if they wear black pants?

• Like 2

They’re not my my “favorite” ever or anything, but agree that they’re a great uniform. Honestly… I kinda liked the two-tone helmet and actually think that it tended to elevate the more white and black focused combos of theirs from “decent” to great.

taiIorU.jpg

CF46gVL.jpg
kSKaHya.jpg

Only things I would’ve did differently is: 1) wear black pants with the white jerseys more often, and 2) make the pants stripe a bit less blocky, as it looks kinda weird and floaty from certain angles.

• Like 1
  • Dislike 2

2 hours ago, Logical_Harm said:

Here’s my (admittedly inflammatory) opinion: disliking the Steelers’ number font is literally one of the worst takes I see on this site. It looks amazing, is distinctive to them, and is the only thing that prevents them from looking generic.

pAlhjHW.jpg

I completely agree with this take. With the block, it's a classic look and still a top-tier look in the NFL, but the futura works better. It's unique without being too modern or too bland. Block numbers, while classic, are boring, especially when most of the league uses them. Plus, it's the only thing setting them apart from Iowa, though I'm well aware they modeled their uniforms after the classic Steelers set.

I can see sticklers for tradition preferring the block numbers, and that's perfectly understandable. But I don't see why people out there downright hate the futura numbers like I've seen some on the boards do.

I like the Bears' number font for the same reasoning. It's timeless like a standard block font, yet more tasteful for the modern day. It's interesting that they began using a sans serif font over 50 years ago compared to the Steelers introducing the futura in the late 90s.

• Like 9

lBzmcSM.png

Perrin Grubb | Aspiring Designer | NAFA Project ~ NFL Redesigns

On 10/28/2022 at 7:24 PM, Logical_Harm said:

Here’s my (admittedly inflammatory) opinion: disliking the Steelers’ number font is literally one of the worst takes I see on this site. It looks amazing, is distinctive to them, and is the only thing that prevents them from looking generic.

pAlhjHW.jpg

spacer.png

• Applause 1
  • Yawn 1
  • Dislike 3

On 10/28/2022 at 8:20 PM, PERRIN said:

I completely agree with this take. With the block, it's a classic look and still a top-tier look in the NFL, but the futura works better. It's unique without being too modern or too bland. Block numbers, while classic, are boring, especially when most of the league uses them. Plus, it's the only thing setting them apart from Iowa, though I'm well aware they modeled their uniforms after the classic Steelers set.

I can see sticklers for tradition preferring the block numbers, and that's perfectly understandable. But I don't see why people out there downright hate the futura numbers like I've seen some on the boards do.

I like the Bears' number font for the same reasoning. It's timeless like a standard block font, yet more tasteful for the modern day. It's interesting that they began using a sans serif font over 50 years ago compared to the Steelers introducing the futura in the late 90s.

Steelers 'Digit Dynasty': Who wore the number best? No. 76-99 - Behind the  Steel Curtain

Duck's Dynasty? Backup Hodges leads Steelers by Browns 20-13 | Olean |  oleantimesherald.com

The Steelers' uniforms are more than just their numbers, and it's not like the Futura numbers completely ruin the uniforms. 

BUT

In my opinion, the Futura numbers don't belong on the jersey and should be replaced by a block font. 

• Like 3
  • Yawn 1

AmPJ0Ty.png 

On 10/31/2022 at 9:46 PM, colinturner95 said:

The Steelers' uniforms are more than just their numbers, and it's not like the Futura numbers completely ruin the uniforms.

I guess my unpopular opinion is that the futura numbers DO completely ruin the uniforms.

• Yawn 1
  • Dislike 1

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

On 9/9/2022 at 7:22 PM, ramsjetsthunder said:

1065957016.jpeg

Come on y'all, these are the best (with white pants)

This is the exact opposite of what I want to see the Broncos do. This is their inferior uniform design with their inferior colors. 

They should use the reverse full time (current uniform and logo, minus side panel, but in their old colors).

The D logo is way overrated and outdated in my opinion. Their current logo is a perfect modern NFL logo. Same with the number font. The only things they screwed up with their current uniforms were the side panels and switching from that beautiful blue to drab, boring navy.

• Like 3

Carolina Panthers (2012 - Pres)Carolina Hurricanes (2000 - Pres)

The Atlanta Falcons unis are underrated. I truly don't see why people think they're so bad. It's like, "oh there's chrome, AUTOMATICALLY BAD." The chrome is tastefully done. The font is good. The unis are basic and inoffensive, with the one design element being a nice tie-in to their logo. "ATL" works for Atlanta. It cannot be judged the same way as something like "DET" for Detroit would be, for example. Just as Phoenix can get away with "PHX" and Philadelphia can get away with "Philly," Atlanta can use "ATL." The Falcons are a perfectly-restrained modern uniform. 

• Like 3
  • Yawn 2

11 minutes ago, HopewellJones said:

What don’t you like?

Side panels only work on basketball jerseys. They look horrible in all cases in every other sport. You say "ATL" works, but I think it looks ridiculous. I also much prefer the Falcons in red to black.

Other than that, they're not that bad. They're a slight upgrade to their previous uniforms, which also weren't that bad honestly.

They're far from the lowest tier on the NFL uniform scale - which the Tennessee Titans have all to themselves - in my opinion.

• Like 6

Carolina Panthers (2012 - Pres)Carolina Hurricanes (2000 - Pres)

I'm not sure how popular or unpopular this is, but I really dislike the Rangers' second Reverse Retro. Especially on the ice, the contrast between the red and blue is jarring, and the color proportions feel really off, especially for a Rangers sweater.

Default_1866815.jpg

They're not as stupidly minimal as their first Reverse Retros though, so I guess they have that going for them.