Unpopular Opinions

3 hours ago, HopewellJones said:

What don’t you like?

The number font--too boxy , vertical shadow, and I do not like the "spike" serifs.

ATL front and center on the jersey. 

Side panels.

Gradient jersey.

The matte (or is it satin?) helmet finish--I think it is a downgrade from the previous one.

• Like 10

5 hours ago, HopewellJones said:

You certainly ain't wrong. One of the best football uniforms of all time. 

If it was up to me, they'd wear these full-time, with the 1970s/80s red jerseys as the 3rd.  If you really want to get funky with it throw in an alternate black helmet with a Dirty Birds throwback.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, DCarp1231 said:

I like when Titans players use red accessories such as gloves, sleeves, and cleats

That reminds of of something I don't like; when teams with yellow (Vikings, Packers, Steelers) wear yellow accessories. I see so many non-existent flags when I watch the Vikings.

• Like 3

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

7 hours ago, DCarp1231 said:

I like when Titans players use red accessories such as gloves, sleeves, and cleats

spacer.png

Different sport, but what about yellow accessories for the Braves and red accessories for the White Sox?

1243314091.0.jpg

usa_today_16941131.jpg

I think the yellow accessories work with the Braves since there is yellow in the axe, although Acuna wears way too much yellow. If he kept it to just batting gloves and arm bands than it'd be better, the cleats and arm sleeve is overboard. I do not like the red accessories with for the White Sox though. 

• Like 4

I really like the yellow with the Braves (though as you noted, Acuna overdoes it.)  I would like red with the White Sox if it was one of their colors,  but until it is, their accessories should be limited to black, white, silver, or gray.  

• Like 4
  • Yawn 1

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

3 hours ago, WestCoastBias said:

Different sport, but what about yellow accessories for the Braves and red accessories for the White Sox?

1243314091.0.jpg

usa_today_16941131.jpg

I think the yellow accessories work with the Braves since there is yellow in the axe, although Acuna wears way too much yellow. If he kept it to just batting gloves and arm bands than it'd be better, the cleats and arm sleeve is overboard. I do not like the red accessories with for the White Sox though. 

Couldn't find answers on google, how come White Sox players can get away with wearing red gear? Is it because they were a RWB team at some point?

37 minutes ago, AFirestormToPurify said:

Couldn't find answers on google, how come White Sox players can get away with wearing red gear? Is it because they were a RWB team at some point?

Yes, they have red gear to go with the throwback uniforms, and therefore are allowed to use it.

I'd love for the White Sox to go with a black + minimal red trim theme as a nod to the past (1950's look is my favorite, plus it connects several other eras of White Sox visual history), but that's another conversation.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Dislike 1

40 minutes ago, AFirestormToPurify said:

I'm a Sox fan and honestly I don't know. I don't think it's a past color scheme thing because Yoan Moncada wore yellow gloves for much of the year. I'm about positive he wore purple at some point, but I can't find a picture.

I know I shouldn't like it, but I thought it was fun to have each player with their "signature" color. The black and white uniforms lent themselves nicely to it.

spacer.png

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, DCarp1231 said:

I don’t mind the Commanders black helmet. Do I wish it was it was gold? Hell yeah absolutely. The rest of the “bAtTLe bLaCk” uniform is complete crap. The entire uniform itself is 100% military fetishism, but the team did a decent job with the helmet.

spacer.png

It's a me a Wario!

• LOL 5

Just now, Silver_Star said:

I do not even like the Texans, but I am in favor for this,

usa_today_19354746.jpg

I think a lot of us are in favor of the Texans doing something new after 20 years of the same "okay-ish" uniform.

• Like 3
  • Dislike 4

6uXNWAo.png