Unpopular Opinions

9 hours ago, IceCap said:

The problem was that they were so clearly the team playing second fiddle to the G-ddamn Nets, New York's second fiddle basketball team. They couldn't even move their full collection of banners into Barclay's because it embarrassed the Nets due to their own lack of success.

Everything about it seemed really embarrassing to the NHL, to play catch-up to a NBA team like that. Factor in the terrible experience that was the Barclay's era and... yeah. Best to memory hole that whole era of Isles hockey.

Not the WHOLE era. 

Honky the Honda deserves his rightful place in the Islanders hall of fame 😋

• Love 1
  • LOL 1

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

It was better before. I struggle to put it into words but with the greenish seafoam tint, it looked like a charming, old timey quirk, now it just looks unintentionally mismatched and stupid. If they wanted to correct the mismatch, why not go with a true silver instead of another different shade of silver/blue?

It gives them a completely different feel, they don't even look like the Cowboys to me anymore. Imagine if the Packers went from athletic gold to Sol. It just feels off

• Like 4
  • Huh? 2
  • Yawn 2

6 hours ago, AFirestormToPurify said:

It gives them a completely different feel, they don't even look like the Cowboys to me anymore. Imagine if the Packers went from athletic gold to Sol. It just feels off

That’s a little much. They color corrected in their 60th anniversary season to better match what they used to wear.

• Like 3

Yeah the mismatches were all terrible, but at least the seafoam green pants looked like a mismatch in the silver, making it two mismatched silvers and two mismatched blues (with some unnecessary black to boot.)

Now it looks like three mismatched blues, silver, and unnecessary black.  

I'm not going to argue whether a kick in the shin is worse than a kick in the nuts, because they both hurt, but I don't see how the pants are an improvement - lateral or tiny downgrade is more like it.

Ironically, to folks <50, they may "no longer look like the Cowboys" (though I think that's hyperbole), but to folks >50, they probably "look like the Cowboys again" (again, hyperbole.)

• Like 4
  • Dislike 1

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

5 minutes ago, BBTV said:

Yeah the mismatches were all terrible, but at least the seafoam green pants looked like a mismatch in the silver, making it two mismatched silvers and two mismatched blues (with some unnecessary black to boot.)

Now it looks like three mismatched blues, silver, and unnecessary black.  

I'm not going to argue whether a kick in the shin is worse than a kick in the nuts, because they both hurt, but I don't see how the pants are an improvement - lateral or tiny downgrade is more like it.

Ironically, to folks <50, they may "no longer look like the Cowboys" (though I think that's hyperbole), but to folks >50, they probably "look like the Cowboys again" (again, hyperbole.)

I’d rather have more blue on the Cowboys than a mismatched silver pale GREEN.

What they could do is replace the black outlines on the sleeve stripes with navy blue. It’s a small and subtle change that could work wonders.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, DCarp1231 said:

I’d rather have more blue on the Cowboys than a mismatched silver pale GREEN.

What they could do is replace the black outlines on the sleeve stripes with navy blue. It’s a small and subtle change that could work wonders.

Like I said, the green looks (to me) like a mismatched silver.  I see green-tinted silver, not actual green.  Granted, once you notice it's green, it's hard to unsee that.

As for the navy blue, it would be indistinguishable from black in all but the closest of camera shots.  They should do away with the trim altogether - it's just not necessary.

• Like 5

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I like the change, for two reasons.

Firstly, in still pictures the pants look powder blue, but in-game they look like (heavy)-blue tinted silver, especially in stadiums with artificial light, such as AT&T StadiumE8JSjUEVoAMjJRb.jpg1361462973.jpeg

And secondly, they look closer to what they used to/should be wearing. 39aefe08-f3b9-43ad-b65f-826071a2b966-Cli7fb404227a0234860d093f8ce791736e.jpgharvey_martin_dallas_cowboys_dl_image_ta

• Like 8

So it’s the silver on the helmets that got warmer in tone over the years. Good to be able to compare. 

The silver of the helmet needs to be cooled down and the blue brightened to match the pants worn with the default white jerseys.  

• Like 1

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

On 11/22/2022 at 11:39 AM, LA Fakers+ LA Snippers said:

I like the change, for two reasons.

Firstly, in still pictures the pants look powder blue, but in-game they look like (heavy)-blue tinted silver, especially in stadiums with artificial light, such as AT&T StadiumE8JSjUEVoAMjJRb.jpg1361462973.jpeg

And secondly, they look closer to what they used to/should be wearing. 39aefe08-f3b9-43ad-b65f-826071a2b966-Cli7fb404227a0234860d093f8ce791736e.jpgharvey_martin_dallas_cowboys_dl_image_ta

The funny thing is the helmet isn't a true silver. It's not a blue as the current pants or old helmet but it's not the Raiders and its not the Lions.

I have no idea how they could figure out that fabric but I'd like to see them try.

• Like 1

On 11/22/2022 at 12:39 PM, LA Fakers+ LA Snippers said:

And secondly, they look closer to what they used to/should be wearing. harvey_martin_dallas_cowboys_dl_image_ta

Maybe it's because I'm too young, but besides the star on the helmet this just looks like the Colts & Lions uniforms had a baby.

The Cowboys should be a navy & silver team. I don't really care what shade of silver/grey, but they need to just pick one & stick with it.

• Like 2
  • Dislike 2

4 hours ago, spartacat_12 said:

The Cowboys should be a navy & silver team. I don't really care what shade of silver/grey, but they need to just pick one & stick with it.

As a Cowboys fan...no. I'd rather see a darker blue with the silver-blue pants (like the 70s) or the royal blue with the flat silver.

Navy/flat silver is bland.

• Like 2