Unpopular Opinions

On 12/7/2022 at 6:46 PM, DCarp1231 said:

I understand the significance, but Clemson’s purple jersey (and pants) should be part of the regular home and away set instead of orange jersey

spacer.png

Gave you a like for being unpopular, not in agreement. I like the purple as an alt, but the all purple under orange doesn't do it for me.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, DCarp1231 said:

Another one,

I’m fairly certain we had a thread at one point pertaining to this, but…

17 is the definitive QB number

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

17 is the definitive modern QB number. The actual definitive is 12.

andrew-luck-main-1280.jpg?w=1200&h=960&cr194703_1296x729_16-9.jpg51268665fs-spa021592403-94711275aa3880ceBCCA5OMVB5CYJHX6J5BV3HLUOQ.jpgbradshaw-g.jpgstaubach-inline-1jpg.jpg1446971260.0.jpg

and of course...

r917710_1296x1296_1-1.jpg

• Like 15

On 11/29/2022 at 11:41 AM, Krudler said:

I kind of like the quirks of the Cowboy's use of different blues and grays. 

I hate to say it because I think the Cowboys with a standardized silver/blue combo would look amazing, but I think you're right.

It's so strange. If the Cowboys standardized things 15-20 years ago I don't think anyone would complain, or miss the mismatch. But they've kept it so long, so deep into the era of HD tv, that I think it's crystallized as just part of the Cowboys' look for better or worse.

For me it's like the Bruins and the black or gold sock debate. Sure the black socks look good! Probably better than the gold socks, objectively speaking. But they just look "wrong," and the gold socks look "right."

• Like 6

16 hours ago, LA Fakers+ LA Snippers said:

17 is the definitive modern QB number. The actual definitive is 12.

Okay, I can agree with this for the most part.

I meant it more of in the sense that it looks better than other QB numbers. To me, 12 looks really lopsided on a jersey. The 2 takes up too much space whereas the 1 and 7 help each other out with spacing.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, DCarp1231 said:

Okay, I can agree with this for the most part.

I meant it more of in the sense that it looks better than other QB numbers. To me, 12 looks really lopsided on a jersey. The 2 takes up too much space whereas the 1 and 7 help each other out with spacing.

For modern, contemporary QBs...

Hear me out:

Tua-Tagovailoa-111422-Getty-FTR.jpg?itok

1446747327.jpg?w=1000&h=600&crop=1

AP22339658700660.jpg?w=2560&h=1440&crop=

• Like 7
  • LOL 1
  • Hurl 2

I like these:

16656247915416.jpgdcyaeuxuokuzthyk9jz7.jpg

The consistiency between the helmet stripe, numbers, and pants stripe, the brighter aqua, the smooth, but also block numbers, and the overall simplistic asethetic of these jerseys make them beautiful in my mind. Just replace the helmet logo with a modern version of the 90's one and we've got a winner.

• Like 18

7 hours ago, LA Fakers+ LA Snippers said:

I like these:

The consistiency between the helmet stripe, numbers, and pants stripe, the brighter aqua, the smooth, but also block numbers, and the overall simplistic asethetic of these jerseys make them beautiful in my mind. Just replace the helmet logo with a modern version of the 90's one and we've got a winner.

Absolutely. Very underrated uniforms.

But...I think I still prefer the Throwbacks. 

• Like 7

On 12/13/2022 at 11:59 PM, HopewellJones said:

Absolutely. Very underrated uniforms.

But...I think I still prefer the Throwbacks. 

The throwbacks are great, no question, but I think a more modern look makes sense for Miami as a city and is a perfectly fine full time look. Keep the stripes as a special occassion thing.

I've always been an Aquafresh logo apoligist, to contribute to the thread. But as I've gotten older the concept of a dolphin wearing a football helmet has grown on me.

• Like 4

39 minutes ago, -Akronite- said:

The throwbacks are great, no question, but I think a more modern look makes sense for Miami as a city and is a perfectly fine full time look. Keep the stripes as a special occassion thing.

I've always been an Aquafresh logo apoligist, to contribute to the thread. But as I've gotten older the concept of a dolphin wearing a football helmet has grown on me.

What does "modern" mean in this context

13 hours ago, ManillaToad said:

What does "modern" mean in this context

Going over the uniform (not to say any of it is explicitly good or bad):

• Helmet uses orange trim on a thick aqua stripe as opposed to the classic AWOWA design in the throwback (or something else classicly football like Brashier stripes)
  • Logo is no longer a cartoon, no M helmet
  • White facemask rather than gray
  • No sleeve stripes, just the logo
  • Custom number font instead of a block
  • Stripeless socks
  • Both the aqua and orange look brighter than older sets from the Dolphins

So basically, there are updates throughout the uniform that distinguish it from the traditional football style, while the throwback is very reminiscent of the classic Browns, Packers, & Saints looks of old.

Miami is largely seen as a popular destination for young people to club and hit the beach. It's trendy and hot. The Dolphins themselves had their heyday in the 70s, but Miami is not a town that lives in the past, generally. Aesthetically I do enjoy the throwbacks a lot, but something about the look feels too old school for them to use full time, at least in my opinion.

• Like 5
  • Applause 2

Love the Miami throwbacks and would prefer them to be full time.  That said, the current uniforms aren't bad.  My only real problem with them is that there is too little orange.  At distance it's practically invisible.  If they made the aqua stripes on the helmet and pants a little thinner and the orange stripes a little wider they would be better.

• Like 5

Both on here, and just in general, I've definitely noticed people, maybe not hating, but saying that the Saints current uniforms are bad and their throwbacks (well, the expansion look, not the Dome Patrol one) are much better, but I really like their current set, at least without black pants. Much prefer them over the brighter gold.

• Like 2
I have borderline personality disorder, if my posts ever come off as aggressive or word vomit-y to you, please let me know.

On 12/13/2022 at 3:23 PM, Indigo said:

I like these:

I like the number font (the 2 and 5 largely noticeable from the Buffalo Bills, New York Jets, Los Angeles Rams, San Francisco 49ers, Seattle Seahawks, and I believe the Arizona Cardinals currently, but those 5 teams back then used to have those nice number fonts with the 2, 5, and 8 being noticeably different than the ones you see the Philadelphia Eagles, Dallas Cowboys, etc).