2010 NFL Season

NEW.ERA

The Falcons are not the luckiest team in the NFL, Bluesky. That is the Pittsburgh Steelers. The Bills drove to the Steelers 10 down 3 with 2:30 to go. So you have to figure at the very worst that the Bills would tie it. Nope, not with team pee-pants on the other side. Fitzpatrick throws a pass that bounces off a Buffalo receiver and is deflected to the hands of Troy Polamalu.

And then Jackson drops the game winning TD for the Bills. And then a Steelers player has the guts to ask for a flag somewhere. Unbelievable.

From hero to goat in two weeks.

Sure hope the fans in Buffalo don't t/p the guy's house behind that.

Maybe Johnson should work on consistently catching the ball instead of his "L00k @ me celebrations!"

Still though, I would rather have seen the Bills win to get him off the hook because he's at the very least a seemingly likable dude.

Oh well or something I guess.

LOL...that's the first thing that crossed my mind when I saw that he dropped that. Whatever football deities exist must have enacted karma on the guy, apparently.

Sucks, because I was hoping like hell the Bills would pull that out, too.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think Chicago, given their huge success with the Cutdouche, would happily undo that trade now.

Since won-lost has always been the ultimate metric for sucking off Kyle Orton, it bears mentioning that Cutler is 13-10 as a Bear, which is semi-respectable for a team with no receivers and no offensive line. No way of knowing for sure, but I'd wager that they'd have done worse without him. No, he hasn't lived up to expectations, but the organization hasn't held up its end of the bargain and likely never will.

Personally, the numbers that I look at when it comes to Jay Cutler is 39-36, which is of course, his TD-INTs. Even if Orton had been no better, there's still the two first round picks and the awful contract extension.

Draft picks are only as valuable as the person who has them, and Angelo is the worst drafter in the league that isn't a tracksuited sloganeering monomaniac. Undo that trade and you have Kyle Orton, an inferior quarterback, likely behind the same sieve of an offensive line with the same clown college of receivers, with the draft picks having been cut from the practice squad because they tied their shoes together and fell over or something. NFL contracts are largely Monopoly money, so I'm not sweating that like I'd sweat the iron maiden that is, say, an NHL contract. Cutler has been a disappointment, but the way this team is built, who wouldn't be?

Other pertinent Ortistics: 0-0 playoff record

EDIT: oh wait I forgot that this thread is in gameday mode and as such there's no point in composing any post longer than "GRUUUHHH MY TEAM DID BAD THING"

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

The Falcons are not the luckiest team in the NFL, Bluesky. That is the Pittsburgh Steelers. The Bills drove to the Steelers 10 down 3 with 2:30 to go. So you have to figure at the very worst that the Bills would tie it. Nope, not with team pee-pants on the other side. Fitzpatrick throws a pass that bounces off a Buffalo receiver and is deflected to the hands of Troy Polamalu.

And then Jackson drops the game winning TD for the Bills. And then a Steelers player has the guts to ask for a flag somewhere. Unbelievable.

From hero to goat in two weeks.

Sure hope the fans in Buffalo don't t/p the guy's house behind that.

Maybe Johnson should work on consistently catching the ball instead of his "L00k @ me celebrations!"

Still though, I would rather have seen the Bills win to get him off the hook because he's at the very least a seemingly likable dude.

Oh well or something I guess.

LOL...that's the first thing that crossed my mind when I saw that he dropped that. Whatever football deities exist must have enacted karma on the guy, apparently.

Sucks, because I was hoping like hell the Bills would pull that out, too.

Don't you wonder how many guys drop TDs because they're already thinking about what they're going to do? Would love to know that stat. Or fumble for that matter, like Lance Moore did against the Panthers when it looked like he was going to walk in so he started to hold the ball out, then got absolutely drilled by a Panther as he was trying to draw the ball back in. He fumbled and Carolina recovered in the end zone.

BTW, an interesting theory on Roy Williams getting stripped by Malcolm Jenkins is that Cowboys Stadium played an important role. Most stadiums have Jumbotrons in the end zones and as we know, the players use them to check the pursuit. But the Jerrytron is above the field where a player can't see it during a play so Williams, intent on avoiding Tracy Porter, didn't see Jenkins closing in like a homing missile on his blind side.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Wellp...can't say I'm not surprised with the result...a loss to a good team. But what I will say is I'm half-surprised the Buccaneers managed to hold the Ravens to only seventeen points. I'm sure they might take some small measure of moral victory from that.

Eh well, on to other things...I just saw this come across the bottom of my screen:

Among the finalists for the 2011 Hall of Fame: Curtis Martin, Jerome Bettis, and Marshall Faulk.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

Well, if that last 10 minute stretch had played out just slightly different, you would be reading a fiery denunciation of the Rams entire coaching staff. Fortunately pandas are fat, and sometimes can win fights just by falling on their opponents.

ChizuruMokyu2.jpg

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Bears pull one off, but not without a fight from the Eagles. Injuries def played a part, but the Bears executed, great game.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Among the finalists for the 2011 Hall of Fame: Curtis Martin, Jerome Bettis, and Marshall Faulk.

Yes, yes, and yes. Although I'd imagine I'm going to see some arguments against Martin.

And I'm waiting for them.

That guy has been criminally underrated since he came into the league, and all but forgotten in discussions among the better running backs to have played the game. Most of that is due to Martin's demeanor; he never was a flashy guy, never was much of a talker...he just went out there and consistently did his job. Never mind the fact that the guy currently sits fourth on the all-time career rushing yards list. (For what it's worth, Bettis is right behind him at fifth; Faulk currently sits at #10.)

If it were up to me, I'd take Martin before either of the other two. (But I would take the other two, as well.)

Bears pull one off, but not without a fight from the Eagles. Injuries def played a part, but the Bears executed, great game.

But Vick is still League MVP because of when he made six TDs that one time!... :rolleyes:

6uXNWAo.png

Yes, yes, and yes. Although I'd imagine I'm going to see some arguments against Martin.

And I'm waiting for them.

That guy has been criminally underrated since he came into the league, and all but forgotten in discussions among the better running backs to have played the game. Most of that is due to Martin's demeanor; he never was a flashy guy, never was much of a talker...he just went out there and consistently did his job. Never mind the fact that the guy currently sits fourth on the all-time career rushing yards list. (For what it's worth, Bettis is right behind him at fifth; Faulk currently sits at #10.)

If it were up to me, I'd take Martin before either of the other two. (But I would take the other two, as well.)

Same here. And I agree 100% with your other points.

BB52Big.jpg

The writers will claim.

OMG CURTIS MARTIN NEVER WON A SUPER BOWL!!@!@!11

Bettis has a ring, not that he earned it. If I recall, he was their backup RB the year he fumbled late against the Colts in the playoffs. If not for that "idiot kicker"....

Faulk and Martin are definite HOFers. Bettis is borderline, should not be first-ballot.

6uXNWAo.png

The writers will claim.

Bettis has a ring, not that he earned it. If I recall, he was their backup RB the year he fumbled late against the Colts in the playoffs. If not for that "idiot kicker"....

Faulk and Martin are definite HOFers. Bettis is borderline, should not be first-ballot.

Oh that's right.

Media billed up as such a special occasion with Jerome returning home to try and go for a Super Bowl before he drove off into the sunset.

Don't get me wrong I think all three should be in the HoF, It's just that please don't look at championships as a deciding factor in who should go and who shouldn't.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

The writers will claim.

Oh that's right.

Media billed up as such a special occasion with Jerome returning home to try and go for a Super Bowl before he drove off into the sunset.

Don't get me wrong I think all three should be in the HoF, It's just that please don't look at championships as a deciding factor in who should go and who shouldn't.

My problem with Bettis was that he was only good for portion of his career, and was never really 'elite'. He played like an all-pro during the 90s, but fizzled out big-time for the final five years of his career. But while he was the downhill slide, he'd would come in as the Steelers' 3rd down/goal-line back and pad his stats by continuing to bring in about 10 TDs a year -- Or at least that's how I best remember "The Bus".

6uXNWAo.png

So the Lambs won?

*groan* It makes Seattle's stank-ass performance today, at home no less, hurt that much more. Thankfully, 3 of the final five games are in Seattle... That includes the rematch with the evil Lambs.

Archived