2010 NFL Season

NEW.ERA

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

EDIT: OT in Buffalo. And oh lookie, they just happen to be wearing their throwbacks.

IF the Bills do pull this out, wonder how many people will point to this game as a lightning rod cause for Buffalo to wear those throwbacks full-time...

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

I think Chicago, given their huge success with the Cutdouche, would happily undo that trade now.

Since won-lost has always been the ultimate metric for sucking off Kyle Orton, it bears mentioning that Cutler is 13-10 as a Bear, which is semi-respectable for a team with no receivers and no offensive line. No way of knowing for sure, but I'd wager that they'd have done worse without him. No, he hasn't lived up to expectations, but the organization hasn't held up its end of the bargain and likely never will.

Personally, the numbers that I look at when it comes to Jay Cutler is 39-36, which is of course, his TD-INTs. Even if Orton had been no better, there's still the two first round picks and the awful contract extension.

Child please. Anyone who has a brain and has watched the Bears the last 2 seasons know Cutler has done nothing but help this offense. A QB with the gonads to throw the ball within 1.5 seconds like he has to do in Chicago is okay with me

sigpurp.png

---Owner of the NHA's Philadelphia Quakers, the UBA's Chicago Skyliners, and the CFA's Portland Beavers (2010 CFA2 Champions)---

The Falcons are not the luckiest team in the NFL, Bluesky. That is the Pittsburgh Steelers. The Bills drove to the Steelers 10 down 3 with 2:30 to go. So you have to figure at the very worst that the Bills would tie it. Nope, not with team pee-pants on the other side. Fitzpatrick throws a pass that bounces off a Buffalo receiver and is deflected to the hands of Troy Polamalu.

(bow) That was awesome.

I hope they're wearing the blue pants today... :D

how bout that fight between andre johnson and cortland finnegan? looked serious i wonder how the league is going to react

That was crazy. There hasn't been an NFL fight like that in who knows how long? I can't remember one.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

EDIT: OT in Buffalo. And oh lookie, they just happen to be wearing their throwbacks.

IF the Bills do pull this out, wonder how many people will point to this game as a lightning rod cause for Buffalo to wear those throwbacks full-time...

Bills almost won it on the kickoff

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

It's great to see the Bills playing as hard as they do when their season is over. Bills fans have been saying "wait til next year" for a decade now, but this time for real!

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

how bout that fight between andre johnson and cortland finnegan? looked serious i wonder how the league is going to react

Yeah, I picked the wrong time to hit the bathroom.

I imagine a fine. Johnson hasn't been in trouble before so I doubt he'll get suspended.

The Falcons are not the luckiest team in the NFL, Bluesky. That is the Pittsburgh Steelers. The Bills drove to the Steelers 10 down 3 with 2:30 to go. So you have to figure at the very worst that the Bills would tie it. Nope, not with team pee-pants on the other side. Fitzpatrick throws a pass that bounces off a Buffalo receiver and is deflected to the hands of Troy Polamalu.

And then Jackson drops the game winning TD for the Bills. And then a Steelers player has the guts to ask for a flag somewhere. Unbelievable.

6fQjS3M.png

...and the Packers squander yet another game to a team they should have had no problem defeating due to the lack of a competent running game.

Ted Thompson... get off your a** and trade for a RB with a pulse. Mike McCarthy... LEARN TO THROW THE F***ING CHALLENGE FLAG!!!!!

(I almost typed "Sherman" instead of "McCarthy"... all this bad coaching in big, close games is giving me flashbacks!!!)

Alas, the trade deadline has come and gone, so trading for an RB isn't an option for this season anymore. Not that they would have had many decent options anyway.

Even so, Green Bay hung with Atlanta in their place for the whole game and only lost because they shot themselves in the foot one too many times with missed tackles and dumb penalties (especially the one on their kickoff from the game-tying score). The mistakes are a big problem, but a fixable one.

CCSLC signature.png

And then Jackson drops the game winning TD for the Bills. And then a Steelers player has the guts to ask for a flag somewhere. Unbelievable.

From hero to goat in two weeks.

Sure hope the fans in Buffalo don't t/p the guy's house behind that.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Oops, I mean Johnson. lol

And Re: raysox, it works from the middle out. Like in the middle is the Browns and they're my top team, then the next 2 out are the teams that are my "second teams" and then past that it's the "teams that I'd like to see win/feel good stories." The Browns are definitely my favorite team though (and none of the others are close).

6fQjS3M.png

The Steelers just won btw.

See what I mean now everybody? No other team has these bounces of luck go their way more consistently than Pittsburgh. Who else would have the fortune of the other team dropping the winning TD?

This isn't a new development either:

Jackie+Smith+drop+Super+Bowl+XIII.jpg

and what's that, the third Bills overtime loss this season? When was the last time that happened to one team?

PvO6ZWJ.png

That was crazy. There hasn't been an NFL fight like that in who knows how long? I can't remember one.

There was a melee between Detroit and Washington in the 1999 playoffs.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

...and the Packers squander yet another game to a team they should have had no problem defeating due to the lack of a competent running game.

Ted Thompson... get off your a** and trade for a RB with a pulse. Mike McCarthy... LEARN TO THROW THE F***ING CHALLENGE FLAG!!!!!

(I almost typed "Sherman" instead of "McCarthy"... all this bad coaching in big, close games is giving me flashbacks!!!)

Alas, the trade deadline has come and gone, so trading for an RB isn't an option for this season anymore. Not that they would have had many decent options anyway.

Even so, Green Bay hung with Atlanta in their place for the whole game and only lost because they shot themselves in the foot one too many times with missed tackles and dumb penalties (especially the one on their kickoff from the game-tying score). The mistakes are a big problem, but a fixable one.

That's just it... this has been a problem throughout McCarthy's regime. It's well known that Ted Thompson like to build through the draft, meaning young players making young player mistakes, and I'm not convinced that McCarthy is the right guy to deal with such a team. Hopefully he proves me wrong, but I've been waiting for that ever since he got the job and I'm tired of coming up just short in big games like this.

As far as no RB's being available, say what you will about Marshawn Lynch, but can anyone seriously argue he wouldn't have been a huge upgrade over Brandon Jackson? Granted, that says more about Jackson's ability to play every down that anything else.

Maybe Johnson should work on consistently catching the ball instead of his "L00k @ me celebrations!"

Still though, I would rather have seen the Bills win to get him off the hook because he's at the very least a seemingly likable dude.

Oh well or something I guess.

Archived