2010 NFL Season

NEW.ERA

Let's see, last year the Saints went to the eventual site of the Super Bowl and mounted a terrific comeback to win a game they should have lost. Last night, the Saints mounted a terrific comeback to win a game they should have lost. And where's the Super Bowl this year? :D

As if that means anything, but it's fun to think about.

What a play by Malcolm Jenkins, and then the Saints offense for coming through when it counted. Has Newman slowed down? Meacham's fast but he blew right Newman. That surprised me.

And wow, thank God Reggie's back. :rolleyes::cursing:

I wish they'd have traded him before this season when he still had value to somebody.

Go Packers!!

The Saints also blew a 20-3 lead to a Jon Kitna-led offense. I'd think that's reason for concern....

Not really. If not for Reggie's drop and boneheaded fumble, it would have been 27-13 in the 3rd and all the momentum would've been with the Saints. Keep putting your defense on a short field and bad things will happen sooner or later.

Also, the Saints forced 7 fumbles but only recovered 2. Usually you're going to get way more of those recoveries. Plus, when crunch time came, they made the plays, though so far I'm pretty unimpressed with this year's #1 pick, Patrick Robinson. His "coverage" on the long play where Jenkins ultimately stripped Williams looked like George Plimpton was playing DB while filming Paper Saint*.

* For those too young to remember, SI writer George Plimpton went to training camp with the '63 Lions and actually played a few snaps at QB in a preseason game. He turned the experience into a bestselling book called Paper Lion.

paper-lion-confessions-last-string-quarterbackplimpton.jpg

Good read btw.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Either something is wrong with Carson Palmer, or he seriously sucks.

What's wrong with him is that he sucks.

Good luck getting the majority of Bengals fans around here to blame anyone other than T.Ocho, Marvin, Mike Brown, Benson, the defense or the offensive line for the Bengal's troubles. Who can blame then really? He's the best option they have right now...

....To the 49ers!!

You would think that McDaniels had learned from his Spygate days in New England. Another reason why he needs to be fired.

You know during the Belichick era no team has consistently beat the Pats like the Broncos, hell even before the Belichick days, remember Shannon Sharpe send the army, send the navy we are killing the Patriots. So why not send one of his clone to destroy the franchise. I can see him back in Foxboro next year with a job well done smile from Belichick, as he becomes the Pats head coach in waiting.

Sounds far fetched, but how else would you explain the horrific job he has done, and the damage he has done to the Broncos franchise. If they don't fire him soon they will end up like the Lions did for waiting to fire Matt Millen.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

....To the 49ers!!

You would think that McDaniels had learned from his Spygate days in New England. Another reason why he needs to be fired.

You know during the Belichick era no team has consistently beat the Pats like the Broncos, hell even before the Belichick days, remember Shannon Sharpe send the army, send the navy we are killing the Patriots. So why not send one of his clone to destroy the franchise. I can see him back in Foxboro next year with a job well done smile from Belichick, as he becomes the Pats head coach in waiting.

Sounds far fetched, but how else would you explain the horrific job he has done, and the damage he has done to the Broncos franchise. If they don't fire him soon they will end up like the Lions did for waiting to fire Matt Millen.

As ludacrist as that sounds, it almost makes sense.

Since the day McDaniels arrived in Denver, it seems as if he has done everything in his power to destroy what was once a proud NFL franchise. The team's cornerstone players were showed the door. All the wasted 1st round draft picks. Refusing to play Tebow, even during garbage time. Running off successful assistant coaches. Dead last in the terrible AFC West. And now branding the team as 'cheats' with Spygate II.

It only took a year and a half, but he's done it. Josh McDaniels has single-handedly killed the Denver Broncos.

6uXNWAo.png

....To the 49ers!!

That's one of the stupidest things I've heard. You're saying McDaniels would who makes his living coaching would sabotage his career and integrity to make papa Belichick happy? That's just ridiculous.

....To the 49ers!!

As ludacrist as that sounds, it almost makes sense.

Bill Belichick has former coaches in different Area Codes.

So what did Belichick have against Notre Dame then?

*looks at Notre Dame fanbase*

Never mind. Stupid question.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I am just saying he has done such a terrible job in Denver it appears to be sabotage. How else would you explain the moves he made. Trading a Pro Bowl QB, a Pro Bowl WR, and a trading Peyton Hillis who was never used for a QB who is clearly a bust. Then wasting a 1st rounder on Tebow.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Either something is wrong with Carson Palmer, or he seriously sucks.

What's wrong with him is that he sucks.

Good luck getting the majority of Bengals fans around here to blame anyone other than T.Ocho, Marvin, Mike Brown, Benson, the defense or the offensive line for the Bengal's troubles. Who can blame then really? He's the best option they have right now...

I know plenty of Bengals fans who think Carson Palmer is a huge part of the problem this year. Bigger problem than TOcho. Palmer makes decisions that rookies don't make. I'll put it that way.

He's a big part of this season's problems. The guy to blame for the franchise's problems as a whole is Mike Brown. There's no denying that because he is the common denominator throughout all of their losing and bad head coaches. What the Bengals need is a coach who can also play GM who isn't afraid to tell Mike Brown when Mike Brown is wrong (which is often). The problem is that the Brown family would never hire that guy. What sucks is that once he finally croaks or retires then his daughter is going to take over and she's an even bigger idiot.

PvO6ZWJ.png

I am just saying he has done such a terrible job in Denver it appears to be sabotage. How else would you explain the moves he made. Trading a Pro Bowl QB, a Pro Bowl WR, and a trading Peyton Hillis who was never used for a QB who is clearly a bust. Then wasting a 1st rounder on Tebow.

First off... you are clearly losing what little is left of your mind. Between last night's "Boise State conspiracy" and this, it's pretty clear that you've gone 'round the bend.

Second, don't you think the more logical explanation for McDaniels' behavior in Denver is this? He's an NFL head coach. That more than likely means he's a raging egomaniac. The "questionable" moves he made are easily explained away as the guy thinking his way is the only way and he knows personnel better than anyone else and he's the "genius" and so on. It's not like it's the first time we've seen some media appointed "next NFL genius coach" get caught up in his own hype and do a bunch of really :censored:. In fact, it happens all the time. Just ask Steve Spurrier or Butch Davis or...should I go on?

BB52Big.jpg

Not really defending McDaniels here, but Cutler has shown that he was overrated in Denver, and he acted like a 6 year old when someone wouldn't give him a toy when McDaniels was hired. I think Chicago, given their huge success with the Cutdouche, would happily undo that trade now. Brandon Marshall was a contract dispute. There have been plenty of great players traded away because the team and the player have a disagreement on how much money they should be making. Not some random sabotage here. Hillis very possibly was just a bad football move, or a chance to get the player they thought would be better more playing time in Moreno. Even the best coaches make those once in awhile. Look at some of the great players who haven't really hit their stride until their second team in the league. This year, for example, look at Danny Woodhead.

Denver was a toxic situation when he got there, and it's not like he was given a great foundation to get things going with. That's completely ignoring how meddling/incompetent the GM might be, and how much of these calls were exactly Daniels (see: Tebow. Unless you're in the the team's war room, how much of his drafting can you say was McDaniels, how much was the GM, :censored:... how much of it was the owner thinking that he would be marketable?).

If you blame JMD, and solely him, for everything listed there, how much credit does he get for turning around Orton's career, or Lloyd's resurgence?

Once again, I'm really, really not defending McDaniels as a coach, I truthfully don't watch enough Broncos games to see how his gameday decisions affect the team, but I think several people on here would blame him if a Bronco statue at the stadium cracked and fell.

I think Chicago, given their huge success with the Cutdouche, would happily undo that trade now.

Since won-lost has always been the ultimate metric for sucking off Kyle Orton, it bears mentioning that Cutler is 13-10 as a Bear, which is semi-respectable for a team with no receivers and no offensive line. No way of knowing for sure, but I'd wager that they'd have done worse without him. No, he hasn't lived up to expectations, but the organization hasn't held up its end of the bargain and likely never will.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Archived