2010 NFL Season

NEW.ERA

Did the NFL only have 31 teams before the Texans came along?

Yes.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No, they had a different alignment with uneven divisions in the AFC.

AFC East: Patriots, Dolphins, Colts, Jets, Bills

AFC Central: Steelers, Ravens, Browns, Titans, Jaguars, Bengals

AFC West: Chargers, Raiders, Seahawks, Broncos, Chiefs

NFC East: Giants, Redskins, Cowboys, Cardinals, Eagles

NFC Central: Bears, Buccaneers, Packers, Lions, Vikings

NFC West: Rams, Saints, 49ers, Falcons, Panthers

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

yeah and it sucked. The AFC central teams played 10 divisional games. A team could conceivably lose every game out of the division and still make the playoffs. Cleveland couldn't wait three more years I guess.

PvO6ZWJ.png

yeah and it sucked. The AFC central teams played 10 divisional games. A team could conceivably lose every game out of the division and still make the playoffs. Cleveland couldn't wait three more years I guess.

One thing I don't get is when Carolina came into the league, they came into the West. Why couldn't they have been in the East, and shift Arizona to the West?

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

I think the NFL was hell bent on keeping Arizona in the East because they were fodder and relatively good rivals, That and the NFL knew that they were going to bring a 32nd franchise on board.

Those were guesses I really have no clue.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Presumably Arizona liked having the annual game with Dallas that people actually showed up to.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

NBC will not flex for Sunday Night this week -- thus treating America to the Eagles vs. the 3-8 Cowboys. <_<

As long as they did not flex the Dolphins Jets game I am happy. Getting home from the Meadowlands after midnight when I have to go to work the next day would have sucked.

I don't think NBC has ever flex scheduled a matchup they had earlier in the season anyway, so it's understandable why they didn't pick it

ffMc5dZ.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29

BRETT FAVRE ALERT!

He got absolutely nailed from behind and now T-Jax is in less than 5 minutes into the 1st quarter.

Let the conspiracy theories (as in, "Did Favre let himself get hurt to end his starting streak rather than have it end with a sexting suspension?") start flying...

Update: In a play that would make the Keystone Kops blush, half the 49ers defense missed tackles on Donald Driver, allowing him to score early in the 3rd quarter.

CCSLC signature.png

Somebody may want to remind the Bears they're playing a 2-8 team, not a superbowl contender. This team looks completely disinterested and gutless.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

So St. Brett's knocked out early in a scoreless game (while throwing an interception) and the Jackson-led Vikings steamroll the better then their record indicates Bills. Is this finally enough to convince the coaching staff in the Twin Cities to sit Farve from here on out?

Has there ever been a team screwed more than the Lions by the Refs in one season?

I can't think of any.

This is just disgraceful on the NFL's part. Worst. Officials. In sports.

Why do I get the feeling that the Titans have just committed season suicide?

It's just you, Viper.

Anyway, I think this is a good move for the Titans. Who knows how long Kenny Britt is going to be out with that hamstring injury, so this is an insurance policy for Tennessee to make sure that they can remain competitive.

If anything else, we'll get to see Jeff Fisher drill some sense into Moss... hopefully.

As of today the Titans have yet to return to the win column with Moss on the roster.

Sure looks like season suicide to me.

CCSLC signature.png

Archived