2010 NFL Season

NEW.ERA

Just remember...the last supposedly suck-ass NFC West champion fell over and tumbled backwards into the postseason, got up, got hot--and rode that streak right into and, if not for a last-second tippy-toe endzone grab, very nearly won the Super Bowl. And that was just two short years ago.

/perspective

I also remember in 2004 people were saying the same things about the NFC West. About how awful a division it was and the winner may end up at 7-9. Yet they ended up with 2 playoff teams. Alot can happen in these last 4 weeks.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, it's that time of year again: Playoff Scenario Time! Where us fans speculate over stuff that may or may not happen, probable or improbable, ridiculous or...irridiculous. Yeah, I made up a dumb word. Sue me. :lol:

Anyways, here we go:

AFC

CLINCHED: None

NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS

New England clinches a playoff spot with:

1) NE win or tie OR

2) MIA loss or tie + JAC loss or tie OR

3) MIA loss or tie + IND loss or tie

There are other scenarios in which New England may clinch a playoff spot if they clinch the strength of victory tiebreaker over certain teams this weekend.

NEW YORK JETS

New York Jets clinch a playoff spot with:

1) NYJ win + SD loss or tie + JAC loss or tie OR

2) NYJ win + SD loss or tie + IND loss or tie OR

3) NYJ tie + OAK loss or tie + SD loss + IND loss

PITTSBURGH STEELERS

Pittsburgh clinches a playoff spot with:

1) PIT win + JAC loss or tie + NE win or tie + MIA loss or tie OR

2) PIT win + IND loss or tie + NE win or tie + MIA loss or tie OR

3) PIT win + IND loss or tie + NE win or tie + OAK loss or tie + SD loss or tie OR

4) PIT win + IND loss or tie + MIA loss or tie + OAK loss or tie OR

5) PIT tie + MIA loss or tie + OAK loss or tie + SD loss or tie + IND loss

There are other scenarios in which Pittsburgh may clinch a playoff spot if they clinch the strength of victory tiebreaker over certain teams this weekend.

NFC

CLINCHED: None

ATLANTA FALCONS

Atlanta clinches a playoff spot with:

1) ATL win + NYG loss + PHI loss OR

2) ATL win + NYG loss + GB loss OR

3) ATL win + PHI loss + GB loss OR

4) ATL tie + NYG loss + PHI loss + GB loss + TB loss or tie

There are other scenarios in which Atlanta can clinch a playoff spot if any of the games involving NYG, PHI or GB ends in a tie.

So yeah, Pats fans, Jets fans, Steelers fans, Falcons fans, you know who to root for next week.

And 5 teams have been officially eliminated from playoff contention: Buffalo, Carolina, Cincinnati, Denver, Detroit.

Ndamukong Suh fined 15K for his perfectly legal hit of Jay Cutler. W-T-F.

I can understand penalizing legal hits because it's a split second judgement and it's really hard to tell in real time. But there is absolutely no excuse for fining players for legal hits.

IUe6Hvh.png

Heard about that on Mike & Mike this mornin', what a dumbass? Smart fellow? Idk what to make of his choice.

In this economy, I can't blame him. It would be really cool to play in the NFL, but it probably won't last past this season. He could be without a job for a long time. It's unfortunate he can't take the chance, but things are bad right now.

Heard about that on Mike & Mike this mornin', what a dumbass? Smart fellow? Idk what to make of his choice.

In this economy, I can't blame him. It would be really cool to play in the NFL, but it probably won't last past this season. He could be without a job for a long time. It's unfortunate he can't take the chance, but things are bad right now.

Which is exactly why it's a smart move. Unless he was gonna be there for the long term, the best thing to do would be to keep that steady job.

Ndamukong Suh fined 15K for his perfectly legal hit of Jay Cutler. W-T-F.

I can understand penalizing legal hits because it's a split second judgement and it's really hard to tell in real time. But there is absolutely no excuse for fining players for legal hits.

That is ridiculous. Absolutely ridiculous. Sickening too. Makes a mockery of former VP of Officiating Mike Pereira saying the league "isn't getting softer, it's getting smarter." No, it's getting softer.

Of course, had it been Favre they would ban Suh for life and probably pursue criminal charges. :rolleyes:

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

I can't remember, but did Suh also get fined for practically pulling a Johnny Cage on Jake Delhomme earlier in the season?

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

I can't remember, but did Suh also get fined for practically pulling a Johnny Cage on Jake Delhomme earlier in the season?

Yes they did. And that was in a preseason game, for what it's worth. $7,500 I believe.

IUe6Hvh.png

Josh McDaniels... YOOOUURRRRRE FIIIIIIRRRRRED!!!

I just spit dr. pepper all over my keyboard visualizing this in a McMahon voice.

Wow. I read it and thought "Mr. Spacely."

I'm old.

Ya must be, 'cause I don't even know who Mr. Spacley is.

mc_mc.png

6uXNWAo.png

Josh McDaniels... YOOOUURRRRRE FIIIIIIRRRRRED!!!

I just spit dr. pepper all over my keyboard visualizing this in a McMahon voice.

Wow. I read it and thought "Mr. Spacely."

I'm old.

Ya must be, 'cause I don't even know who Mr. Spacley is.

Really, Cujo?

From THE JETSONS, dude!!!

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Blackout Watch 2010 Continues:

A 24-Hour Extension has been made for the Raiders/Jaguars game. Here I was, thinking that being on top of the AFC South would cure all symptoms blackout ills in Jacksonville.

The Browns/Bills game in Buffalo will be blacked out.

No news means good news for the likes of San Diego, Detroit, Minnesota, and Arizona at this point. (Weren't the Vikings in danger of getting their game against the Bills blacked out?)

For those of you freaking out over a possible 7-9 or 6-10 playoff team, I propose a realignment:

AFC East

Buffalo

Indianapolis

Miami

New England

N.Y. Jets

AFC Central

Baltimore

Cincinnati

Cleveland

Jacksonville

Pittsburgh

Tennessee

AFC West

Denver

Houston

Kansas City

Oakland

San Diego

NFC East

Arizona

Dallas

N.Y. Giants

Philadelphia

Washington

NFC Central

Chicago

Detroit

Green Bay

Minnesota

Tampa Bay

NFC West

Atlanta

Carolina

New Orleans

St. Louis

San Francisco

Seattle

For those of you freaking out over a possible 7-9 or 6-10 playoff team, I propose a realignment:

AFC East

Buffalo

Indianapolis

Miami

New England

N.Y. Jets

AFC Central

Baltimore

Cincinnati

Cleveland

Jacksonville

Pittsburgh

Tennessee

AFC West

Denver

Houston

Kansas City

Oakland

San Diego

NFC East

Arizona

Dallas

N.Y. Giants

Philadelphia

Washington

NFC Central

Chicago

Detroit

Green Bay

Minnesota

Tampa Bay

NFC West

Atlanta

Carolina

New Orleans

St. Louis

San Francisco

Seattle

We really need to toss in New England so the Rams could go to all four corners of the country in one season.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Archived