2010 NFL Season

NEW.ERA

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wonder what kind of crowd they'll have at tomorrow night's game, and how it compares to attendance at the Lions' own games this year.

That will depend on what they're charging for tickets. If they do what MLB did when that Indians series was moved from Cleveland to Milwaukee and charge ten bucks a pop then they might have a good crowd. If they stick to NFL prices the place will probably be pretty empty.

BB52Big.jpg

Fox just showed the footage from inside the Metrodome when the roof collapsed. Amazing footage. A colossal mess. To this uninformed observer, I think the Metrodome will be shut down for weeks.

In which case, it's quite possible the Vikings have already played their final game in the Metrodome Mall of America Field, unless they get their stadium deal done in the next year and/or there's no lockout.

CCSLC signature.png

Just saw video of the Baggy Dome roof caving in. Insane. Ya think the Vikes could use a new stadium NOW, Minnesota??

And what do the Vikings do for a home field? I can't imagine there being another game there this season.

6uXNWAo.png

Now, New Orleans is being mentioned as a possible venue. Perhaps a gift from the NFL, since New Orleans lost the Saints games during Katrina.

Can we please get off Katrina already? It was like 5 years ago. I thought the Saints winning the Super Bowl last year completed the "great" story.

You know, I agree with your point, but your presentation is pretty jackassy, if that's a word.

Just saw video of the Baggy Dome roof caving in. Insane. Ya think the Vikes could use a new stadium NOW, Minnesota??

Thank God this didn't happen during the game. :blink:

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

And what do the Vikings do for a home field? I can't imagine there being another game there this season.

They just have one more home game left this season (a week from tomorrow night vs. the Bears) so they could move that to TCF Bank Stadium since they'll have a full week to prep it for a game.

Another intriguing possibility is Green Bay. With the Bears leading Green Bay by a game in the division, switching this game to Lambeau Field could treat us all to the beyond-bizarre spectacle of Packer fans selling out Lambeau to cheer for the Vikings - and Brett Favre - in a Vikings "home" game.

CCSLC signature.png

Fox just showed the footage from inside the Metrodome when the roof collapsed. Amazing footage. A colossal mess. To this uninformed observer, I think the Metrodome will be shut down for weeks.

In which case, it's quite possible the Vikings have already played their final game in the Metrodome Mall of America Field, unless they get their stadium deal done in the next year and/or there's no lockout.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Thank God this didn't happen during the game. :blink:

but... imagine the hilarity of Brett Favre getting sacked by a pile snow...

I saw, I came, I left.

Yes! That would be an absolutely brilliant way to end his career.

Imagine it: God, not normally interested in unimportant things like the outcome of sports events, decides that Favre's behaviour towards the NFL over the last couple of seasons has gone too far. On Monday in Detroit, the storm system moves over, as if hunting Brett down.

The game starts off normally, with high winds, but not a lot of snow. Then, just as Favre is about to throw his third TD pass of the game, an unusually large snowdrift wafts over the stadium and envelopes him and the entire Minnesota offense.

That's what I would call divine retribution for his baggery.

Dome officials are saying they think the stadium will be ready in time for next week's game, and I imagine the Vikings will do all they can to play there. With the game being relocated to Detroit, they're giving refunds to any ticket holders for this week. Relocating next week's game out of town would mean two weeks of refunds. Even going to UM's stadium would cost them 15,000 tickets sold at least. That's not a headache a team wants.

sticksstones4.png

The world's foremost practitioners of professional tag-team wrestling.

Free general admission tickets will be given away to anyone who makes the trip to Detroit for the game.

I wonder if this means anyone can walk up to the gate and get in for free?

Just :censored:ing bizarre. 2012 is upon us.

No. There's precedent here. Indians/Angels at Miller Park anyone?

Bizarre was the Meadowlands decorated in Saints logos for a NO/NYG game.

VmWIn6B.png

Archived