2010 NFL Season

NEW.ERA

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Josh Freeman drives down the field to score with 4 minutes left 17-10

Redskins drive down to the 12 under a minute.

1st Down: 9 yard pass to the receiver

2nd Down: Pass incomplete in the endzone

3rd Down: Run stopped behind the line

4th Down: Pass incomplete in the back of the endzone

5TH DOWN: Touchdown pass

Then the extra point, the ball is high, slips through the holders hands. Bucs win 17-16

I was reversing trying to see if there was 5 downs, and there was. But this ending man.

heart-attacks_0.jpg

Lions over Packers, 7-3.

HA! :lol:

MY GOD! THE DETROIT LIONS HAVE WON THE NFC CHAMPIONSHIP!

(or at least, it feels like it.)

Am I dreaming or are my Browns about to knock off the Saints...in New Orleans? Browns just returned another Brees INT for a touchdown. 30-10 Browns with 3:33 remaining. Wow.

Seriously BlueSky, sorry about that.

BlueSky isn't the only Saints fan on these boards y'know. :rolleyes:

Yeah, I know. So what's your point?

The guy directly above me is an asshat. BlueSky isn't the only Saints fan who didn't appreciate the Browns doing that. That's what I meant. I know it was 2 months ago, but the losses always linger longer. Now I can let it go.

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

Β 

Don't know how many saw the end of the Redskins-Bucs game but here is how it went down. Bucs up 17-10 Redskins driving. They have a 1st and 10 from the Bucs 12.

1st and 10: Gain 9 to the Bucs 3

2nd and 1: Incomplete

3rd and 1: Running play loss of 3

4th and 1: Incomplete

4th and 1: Touchdown

Yea, that is right the officials lost count and never turned over the down marker after one of the downs so the Redskins got a 5th down to score one. Fortunatly the extra point snap went right through the Redskins holders hand and the Bucs ended up still winning by 1 point.

Don't know how many saw the end of the Redskins-Bucs game but here is how it went down. Bucs up 17-10 Redskins driving. They have a 1st and 10 from the Bucs 12.

Yea, that is right the officials lost count and never turned over the down marker after one of the downs so the Redskins got a 5th down to score one. Fortunatly the extra point snap went right through the Redskins holders hand and the Bucs ended up still winning by 1 point.

The first down play was ruled on the field as a first down gaining play, rendering the remainder of the series a legal 4 down series. Did anyone not expect trouble on the extra point? I did.

sig-1.png

The first down play was ruled on the field as a first down gaining play, rendering the remainder of the series a legal 4 down series. Did anyone not expect trouble on the extra point? I did.

If you look at the replay receiver was down a good yard short of the sticks. Both Fox and NFL's Gamecenter thought it was a gain of 9 and second down. Further the Redskins thought it was 2nd and 3rd down as they ran it on 3rd down to try and secure the first down. The refs clearly didn't communicate it was a first down. I think saying it was ruled a first down is a post-game NFL cover for their officials who screwed up badly.

Detroit beat Green Bay?? :shocked:

Why couldn't Carolina have pulled of a shocker today? :D

Because BlueSky, WE'RE gonna be the ones to beat Atlanta. We're the only ones who can avenge our loss. And we will.

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

Β 

If you look at the replay receiver was down a good yard short of the sticks. Both Fox and NFL's Gamecenter thought it was a gain of 9 and second down. Further the Redskins thought it was 2nd and 3rd down as they ran it on 3rd down to try and secure the first down. The refs clearly didn't communicate it was a first down. I think saying it was ruled a first down is a post-game NFL cover for their officials who screwed up badly.

1-10-TB12 (:49) (Shotgun) D.McNabb pass short right to A.Armstrong to TB 2 for 10 yards (C.Lynch).

1-2-TB2 (:32) D.McNabb pass incomplete short right to R.Williams.

2-2-TB2 (:28) R.Torain right end ran ob at TB 6 for -4 yards (T.Crowder).

4-4-TB6 (:18) D.McNabb pass incomplete short middle to F.Davis.

4-6-TB6 (:13) D.McNabb pass short middle to S.Moss for 6 yards, TOUCHDOWN.

Copied this from a play by play on CBS Sports. So they did give him credit for the 1st down apparently, but if you look there were 2 4th downs. This could be a typo, and I didn't see the game at all.

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

1-10-TB12 (:49) (Shotgun) D.McNabb pass short right to A.Armstrong to TB 2 for 10 yards (C.Lynch).

Copied this from a play by play on CBS Sports. So they did give him credit for the 1st down apparently, but if you look there were 2 4th downs. This could be a typo, and I didn't see the game at all.

Yeah just watched it again, he was a yard short. He slid and caught it at the 3 while a Bucs player hit him. They did mess up, I hope that someone shows the replay of the 5 downs, cause FOX didn't.

Fox just showed the footage from inside the Metrodome when the roof collapsed. Amazing footage. A colossal mess. To this uninformed observer, I think the Metrodome will be shut down for weeks.

In which case, it's quite possible the Vikings have already played their final game in the Metrodome Mall of America Field, unless they get their stadium deal done in the next year and/or there's no lockout.

That footage really is amazing. Its interesting Fox had their cameras running to catch it. Good thing no one was in there. Could you imagine if this had happened during the game? Who knows maybe this will be what keeps the Vikings in Minnesota. Maybe they approve a new stadium when they otherwise would not have.

Bears look uninterested in playing defense. Offense can't do anything. Patriots working on a blowout.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

The Jags & Raiders are putting on a show.

Jason Campbell sucks. I can't believe some Redskins fans were disappointed when McNabb ran him out of D.C.

Campbell played an excellent game. This loss was not his fault at all. I am not sold on Campbell, either, but I would rather have him than McNabb right now. McNabb is an idiot. he was a product of good surrounding talent in Philly.

Yeah just watched it again, he was a yard short. He slid and caught it at the 3 while a Bucs player hit him. They did mess up, I hope that someone shows the replay of the 5 downs, cause FOX didn't.

I was just going by the commentators comment as Fox was signing off. I missed the original first down play, and the td as I walked out after the (alleged) 4th down incompletion. I would guess ESPN will go over the 5 downs.

Pats taking care of business with a nice defensive TD. Woo hoo!

sig-1.png

Archived