2010 NFL Season

NEW.ERA

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On a side note, the Jets could end up 13-3 and still be the #5 seed, having to play 3 road playoff games. While a 7-9 NFC West team could host a wild card game, and if the #6 seed won out, the NFC title game.

nfc's that pathetic!

Then the 6 seed beats the Patriots in the Super Bowl.

Oops.

/afc's that pathetic!

--------------------------------

Also, a modest reminder that the current leader of the AFC South has an awe-inspiring 7-5 record. So let's stop cracking on the NFC West so much, capiche?

The NFC 6 seed would most likely be a 10-6 team, and capable of winning a Super Bowl.

sig-1.png

You know, I'm going to say one other thing in response to the "Oh Noes! A team with a losing record will not only make the playoffs, but get a home game to boot!"

I guarantee the NFC West Champion will finish no worse than 8-8.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

So...is Brady now the front-runner for league MVP? Vick?

First it was Vick. Then last week, Phillip Rivers. Now, it seems to be Brady.

I guess if you play well in primetime, you instantly become MVP frontrunner.

6uXNWAo.png

But all is not lost. As long as the Falcons don't hoist the Lombardi, I'll be happy. And one last thing for you Falcons fans...never forget your team was a missed 29-yard FG from being the ones chasing the lead dog and looking at playing on Wild Card Weekend. Come on, throw me a bone here...at least admit Atlanta should have lost in New Orleans. :P

If I remember correctly, the Saints needed a late FG just to force overtime.

You can play the "woulda, coulda, shoulda" card all you want.....but I tend to focus on what actually happened.

But all is not lost. As long as the Falcons don't hoist the Lombardi, I'll be happy. And one last thing for you Falcons fans...never forget your team was a missed 29-yard FG from being the ones chasing the lead dog and looking at playing on Wild Card Weekend. Come on, throw me a bone here...at least admit Atlanta should have lost in New Orleans. :P

If I remember correctly, the Saints needed a late FG just to force overtime.

You can play the "woulda, coulda, shoulda" card all you want.....but I tend to focus on what actually happened.

Fair enough. Let's see what "actually happens" on Dec. 27.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

So...is Brady now the front-runner for league MVP? Vick?

First it was Vick. Then last week, Phillip Rivers. Now, it seems to be Brady.

I guess if you play well in primetime, you instantly become MVP frontrunner.

Or the fact that you've helped put up 30+ points per game on some of the best defenses in the game.

Yeah, that too.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

"Biggest game of the year zomg LOL1111111one omfg c+c"

45-3

Does an NFL game ever live up to its hype?

The only couple that I can remember for a while now were: 1) That AFC Championship where Manning FINALLY beat Brady on his way to a Super Bowl Ring. That was an awesome game that had some crazy hype. 2) Super Bowl XLII, and it was hyped for the wrong reasons. People were expecting a coronation of one of the greatest teams of all time, not one of the biggest upsets in Super Bowl history.

Most of these regular season "GAMES OF THE CENTURY" have been duds, though. Leave that to college football. :P

"Biggest game of the year zomg LOL1111111one omfg c+c"

45-3

For me, it exceeded the hype :)

But this one, maybe? (not that it had nearly as much hype)

Edit: I thought about SB 42, but that wasn't hyped as a great game, since one team was undefeated. I think it's still underrated as a game--if both teams had had the same record beforehand, that would be remembered more as one of the best Super Bowls than as a huge upset (which is fair because it was an unprecedented upset).

Wellp...that's ESPN for you. The Worldwide Hype Machine. Don't worry...something else next week will be billed as the biggest, most colossalest game evuh on Earff (not Earth, Earff)...until the week afterwards.

For what it's worth, I think my best Super Bowl memories come from '96 and '99 (Cowboys/Steelers and Rams/Titans). I don't remember either being all that hyped...I just know I was hyped watching hometown boy Emmitt Smith do his thing and then seeing Kurt Warner take the Rams from the bottom to the top in one season--against Steve McNair, Eddie George, and Kevin Dyson, three of the scrappiest players for the scrappiest team in the league that year. That it came down to a 1-yard go-go-Gadget arm stretch, Mike Jones pulling down Dyson just shy of that line, was just the icing on the cake.

(One of my other favorite plays from that game: Eddie George trucking two or three defenders, with his knee about 1/38 inch off the turf surface, to get into the end zone for a TD. That's when I knew all those pool sprints had paid off for him. Damn I miss watching George play ball.)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

You know, I'm going to say one other thing in response to the "Oh Noes! A team with a losing record will not only make the playoffs, but get a home game to boot!"

I guarantee the NFC West Champion will finish no worse than 8-8.

I agree, people have been saying this for a while now about the NFC West. I don't think its going to happen. I'll say the winner of the Rams-Seahawks game on Week 17 will be 8-8 and win the division.

Just remember...the last supposedly suck-ass NFC West champion fell over and tumbled backwards into the postseason, got up, got hot--and rode that streak right into and, if not for a last-second tippy-toe endzone grab, very nearly won the Super Bowl. And that was just two short years ago.

/perspective

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

That team also had a pissed off Kurt Warner. If Seattle can get that home playoff game, I really think they'll have an okay chance to pull an upset albeit a little one.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

That team also had a pissed off Kurt Warner. If Seattle can get that home playoff game, I really think they'll have an okay chance to pull an upset albeit a little one.

The Edward Jones Dome was also quite the little chamber of horrors for teams in the playoffs (except for the bleeping 2OT game). And even if the Rams aren't filling the stadium, they've made headways on returning it the chamber of horrors status this season. ^_^

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Forget an NFL game, the NFL itself never lives up to it's hype.

Word.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Just remember...the last supposedly suck-ass NFC West champion fell over and tumbled backwards into the postseason, got up, got hot--and rode that streak right into and, if not for a last-second tippy-toe endzone grab, very nearly won the Super Bowl. And that was just two short years ago.

/perspective

Good point.

Who would ever have thought before the season that this week's matchup between the Saints and Rams would be a possible playoff preview? Yes, the Saints may end up playing at St. Louis on Wild Card Weekend. :wacko:

Frankly, I'm concerned about this game. The Saints have a bad habit of playing up or down to the competition and may get caught looking forward to their trip to Baltimore. Meanwhile, my hopes of them catching Atlanta hinge on gut checks (Saints beating Atlanta at home), miracles (Panthers x 2) and jet lag (at Seattle). :cry:

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Archived