Prokhorov: Nets to change name for 2012 Brooklyn move

Waffles

One last tweak...

E1eCF.png

Too much?

please tell me that I'm not the only one who thinks this uniform template is the worst ever. I know many people call these "classic" but I didn't like them back then and I would totally abhor them now. Just a totally horrible uniform set. I'm pretty sure someone in their right mind will speak up in the design room and put their foot down against this design influencing the new uniforms.

Yes, someone did. The new uniform will not be based on these as far as I know.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

• Replies 656
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One last tweak...

E1eCF.png

Too much?

please tell me that I'm not the only one who thinks this uniform template is the worst ever. I know many people call these "classic" but I didn't like them back then and I would totally abhor them now. Just a totally horrible uniform set. I'm pretty sure someone in their right mind will speak up in the design room and put their foot down against this design influencing the new uniforms.

Thank God for that.

Kristopher Bazen
Kris Bazen Creative
www.www.krisbazen.com

Twitter: @krisbazen

Dribbble: dribbble.com/krisbazen

One last tweak...

E1eCF.png

Too much?

Thank God for that.

• 3 weeks later...

I think that in keeping with the current need to rhyme with the Jets and Mets, that the new Brooklyn team name will be.....and tell me if this isn't appropriate given the new CBA.....the Brooklyn Debts......

And not to make too fine a point on it, but given that Wall Street is just up the block, somehow "Debts" is strangely appropriate.

spacer.png  5-time Defending NL East Champions spacer.png 

One last tweak...

E1eCF.png

Too much?

Thank God for that.

Well, as it turns out, the new Rocawear-designed identity stands to be at least 100x worse than these throwbacks, if what I saw today ends up being the final product.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Well, as it turns out, the new Rocawear-designed identity stands to be at least 100x worse than these throwbacks, if what I saw today ends up being the final product.

Wuh-oh.

Is anyone else getting a bad P.Diddy-designed Dallas Mavericks trash-bag alternate flashback/vibe from this comment?

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Wuh-oh.

Is anyone else getting a bad P.Diddy-designed Dallas Mavericks trash-bag alternate flashback/vibe from this comment?

What I saw was much, much worse than that. Have you ever seen that store at 38th and Meridian called HANG TIME?

Yes I have. And if what you say is true, and the items I used to see hanging in the windows there are any indication, then yes, than I think I do see your point.

(This gon' be bery, bery interesting, to say the least.)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Wuh-oh.

What I saw was much, much worse than that.

Oh sweet mother of god.

spacer.png

Nets have one of the best logos in sports. Too bad it's going to be whacked.

Oh god no. It was horrible. The skew perspective irritated the crap out of me the minute I saw it and nothing's ever changed. I've not warmed to it, and in fact, i've grown to loathe it even more for the simple fact it hangs on like the orneriest barnacle.

That being said, i've always had a soft spot for this clean, simple design:

Retro-New-Jersey-Nets-Shirt.jpg

Dennis Hopson, Pearl Washington, Chris Morris, the glory years.

Nets have one of the best logos in sports. Too bad it's going to be whacked.

Oh god no. It was horrible. The skew perspective irritated the crap out of me the minute I saw it and nothing's ever changed. I've not warmed to it, and in fact, i've grown to loathe it even more for the simple fact it hangs on like the orneriest barnacle.

Nah, I am more with Touchdown India. Their logo wasn't amazing, but I did think it was cool. The skew perspective gave them some originality. I really liked it at first (hey, it was the mid-90s) and although it does seem a bit outdated now, I still think it looks good.

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

Archived