Prokhorov: Nets to change name for 2012 Brooklyn move

Waffles

• Replies 656
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Today on Flatbush I saw a guy wearing this logo on a tshirt:

nets1.jpg

I know they're not using it, but I wonder if he knew they weren't using it.

That is nice, different, well done... thus it's no surprise that an NBA team wouldn't be using it. Too high a quality.

I don't like this logo at all. It looks like a red tennis ball, or a planet, the script is atrocious, the Agency lettering along the top lacks refinement (the font itself, not the way it's treated here), and it doesn't embody any New York or Brooklyn characteristics to me. That said, it's much better than the one they're planning on going with.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

1. Because I worked on the project before they decided to let Jay-Zs team design it.

2. No.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

1. Because I worked on the project before they decided to let Jay-Zs team design it.

2. No.

Well that's disappointing.. both Jay Zs team designing it and you not being able to share anything (understandable though).

Anyways since JayZ will have some input in the design i see NBA's version of Marlins happening here.

2. No.

Well that's disappointing.. both Jay Zs team designing it and you not being able to share anything (understandable though).

Anyways since JayZ will have some input in the design i see NBA's version of Marlins happening here.

It's about as far from that as you can get.

2. No.

It's about as far from that as you can get.

So they're going navy and white... :)

Today on Flatbush I saw a guy wearing this logo on a tshirt:

nets1.jpg

I know they're not using it, but I wonder if he knew they weren't using it.

That is nice, different, well done... thus it's no surprise that an NBA team wouldn't be using it. Too high a quality.

I don't like this logo at all. It looks like a red tennis ball, or a planet, the script is atrocious, the Agency lettering along the top lacks refinement (the font itself, not the way it's treated here), and it doesn't embody any New York or Brooklyn characteristics to me. That said, it's much better than the one they're planning on going with.

That sucks, Harry... You and Josh were crankin' out some great stuff.

You live to fight another day.

Kristopher "Baze" Bazen

www.krisbazen.com

So the Nets are honoring their history in New Jersey by having a logo that has a ball which was not used by the team in those 35 years. Well, ok.

True but that ball and "nets" wordmark were on their original NJ logo in '77.

Good point; I completely forgot about that logo, but with that said, aince the logo you're speaking of already said New Jersey Nets Basketball on it, I'd have preferred if they would have used that as the base for their anniversary logo, then add ribbons/numbers/whatever around it.

The logo is cluttered and good have been better.

Hey, New Jersey hasn't acknowledged them for years. :P

True, I think I was 9 the last time I went to a Nets game. Hell, I think my Dad turned down courtside seats a few years ago.

It is probably the shortest relocation i remember, I think they are just trying to get a fan base in Jersey.

Probably realizing that with the Knicks becoming respectable, thus limiting the amount of NYC converts, it isn't good to completely alienate their NJ fanbase. I say too little too late.

70389454.png

Archived