Prokhorov: Nets to change name for 2012 Brooklyn move

Waffles

KDU has developed a few identities for the Nets; see below:

http://www.thekdu.com/#adidas-nba-brooklyn-nets

NETS_5.jpg

NETS_1.jpg

Thoughts?

I really like this one. I think it should be the "new" Nets logo and uniforms. I've seen "BKLYN" used for years and years, and I don't see how anyone could have an issue you with it. This one is in the "PHILA" section of acceptance.

• Replies 656
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As far as I know, none of those KDU concepts made the final cut to get into the adidas presentation. I do not currently know anything about any decisions that have been made regarding the logos that were a part of the presentation.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

bklyn-designs1.jpg

Bastard_Jazz_and_Brooklynradio_net_present_BKLYN-heavy_Sounds_From_The_Country_Of_Kings_b.jpg

picture_bklyn.jpg

bklynyard.png

bklyn_0.jpg

Within this context, I think BKLYN jerseys that use this aesthetic can work fine.

I totally understand where you're coming from, I really do, but those aren't professional sports uniforms. Like I said, it's just a pet peeve of mine and nothing more from me. I just feel that on a professional sports uniform, you need to spell things out. "BROOKLYN" looks much more professional than "BKLYN", as goes for the Atlanta, Phoenix, and New Orleans cases. That kind of stuff can work on streetball uniforms or fashion jerseys, but in my humble opinion, not an NBA uniform. It's just not the place for it. To each thier own, though :)

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

From an outsiders perspective BKLYN sounds cheesy (PHX and ATL on the other hand just seem weird). Brooklyn is a famous name known around the world and unlike Philadelphia it can fit into a jersey quiet nicely, no reason to use an abbreviation of it.

Yeah, "BKLYN" doesn't always bother me, but I'm not sure I'd like to see it on a sports jersey. It's all contextual.

And you're right - the name isn't so long that it can't fit on a jersey. Heck, they can make "Los Angeles" and "Milwaukee" fit on jerseys, both of which have many more letters than the full "Brooklyn".

I kind of like it, but looks too much like the Kings; the problem is Nets point down but crowns point up. What if this one had a rim? Then the ball falling through would make more sense.

The way I look at it, the net could realistically be upwards if that ball has just swished through. So the logo could serve as both a scored basket and a crown.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

Yeah... everyone wants the stars-and-stripes look to come back, so we'll probably get an even more boring version of these uniforms instead:

edobannon-card-2.jpg

Classic! :rolleyes:

I love that wordmark. That wordmark on the stars and stripes uniforms would be fantastic.

BKNNets.png

Archived