Eastern Washington Red turf

lenardo

i dont know if this has already been posted but eastern washington university has officially finished gettin red turf in their stadium(which could be new too?). i dont have an actual picture but i did find this

EWUArtificialTurfDiagram.jpg

maehl.png

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I feel like this Turf is like watching William Hung. Interesting and perhaps entertaining for a little bit- but you'd grow tired of it pretty quickly. I have a hard time watching Boise State games... I can't imagine this being much different. Blue... now Red... What's next... Green turf?! (internet sarcasm!)

But hey, maybe William Hung is your dig, so 'grats to you.

One thing I find interesting...

I remember when the Bills put in their new turf, they showed how the area near midfield and the endzones were almost like a puzzle with each different color (Navy, white, red, green)being a different "piece" that needed to be fit in during installation.

If you look at the webcam for Eastern Washington the whole field appears to be in place and it's completely red with no midfield logo. Does that mean they are gong to paint the logo on the turf? Seems the colored (dyed?) type of pieces would look better for much longer.

yeah i agree with most of you. its kinda cool but i will get very annoying very quickly but i do happen to like boises turf cause its kinda close to green but is different

maehl.png

Too gimmicky for serious athletics...I could see this happening for a one time event or bowl game, but otherwise its silly...same thing goes for Boise State.

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

From the games I've seen EWU play, they like to throw the ball around (esp. with ex- SMU QB Bo Levi Mitchell transferring there), and this can't help.

I don't like this change for that reason alone.

Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% about how you react to it.
App State Mountaineers / Alabama Crimson Tide / Atlanta Braves / New York Jets / Atlanta Hawks
"If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride - and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high but so are the rewards." [Bear Bryant]
Redmond Rampage

If they wear all red (helmet, jersey, pants, socks) they could be the invisible team. Great for defense. Horrible for offense.

If it's that much of an advantage, then why aren't there more teams that wear all green (helmets, jersey, pants, socks) to match the color of grass?

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

Too gimmicky for serious athletics...I could see this happening for a one time event or bowl game, but otherwise its silly...same thing goes for Boise State.

Well, a lot of times gimmicks are needed at the mid-major and small college level to grab a just-big-enough piece of the spotlight to establish themselves. Without the blue turf, people in 20 years would probably be asking "what was the name of that school in Idaho that beat Oklahoma in the Fiesta Bowl?"

That said, I don't like EMU's red turf... not because it's a color other than green, but because a lot of red is not easy on the eyes. Non-green fields should be limited to darker colors (navy, burgundy, gray, possibly black) and maybe even white or cream.

Interesting that I never thought of the fact that artificial turf saves so many gallons of water per year. I would imagine that environmentalists love it....unless of course the process of making the field product causes toxic chemicals to be released into the environment. That would be a shame.

In regards to the red color...I think it'll certainly have to be toned down at some point in time. Its way too bright to look at comfortably for any long period of time IMO. A blue field is one thing, red is quite another. Blue is soothing to the eyes while red is just gets your blood boiling.

Archived