Pro Combat Info Leaked (08/31/10)

jthubble

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like not everyone in WV is happy about the way Nike is advertising their uniforms. Mountaintop removal mining activists are against Nike using the image of a strip mine in the background of West Virginia's pro combat page. They have no problem with Nike paying tribute to the 29 coal miners who lost their lives or the uniforms design. They are just opposed to Nike and WV using showing the controversial practice of strip mining.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/football/ncaa/09/02/west-virginia-nike-uniforms.ap/index.html?eref=sihp

Man, those are all ugly. Bama and Florida...MAYBE, just maybe if I had to choose. But black for Pitt? Still dont get the TCU helmet stripe, Boise's are a joke, just like the team and WVU is just plain forced. Hate em all, ever see Elizabethtown? Looks like that guy designed em!

Out of all of the Pro Combat uniforms, VT, TCU, and Oregon State are the best looking to me.

VT, in my opinion, is a perfect blend of futuristic uniform design, in today's modern age. TCU is just a beautiful uniform, although I could do without the red "blood" streaks on the helmet. And, those Oregon State uniform is, to me, exactly what they should be wearing right now. Along with a similar away set.

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

I like almost all of them so far. But in the actual picture, it's hard to tell because it looks like they just pulled guys off of the street -- they don't look like football players to me. I think they'll look great on the field -- I'll have to see both OSU's in action to know how I feel about them for sure. In the computer rendered picture they all look great. I'd like to see Boise State go with those helmets permanently, except add the logo to the other side as well. And I love the reflective material or ink or whatever it is. We have reflective ink on our Air Force PT shirts and I've kind of thought about having that on a football uniform. I've pretty much grown to love everything that Nike can do for Miami. The nod to the coal miners for West Virginia came out looking really nice.

IUe6Hvh.png

If TCU stands for Texas Christian University, why are they wearing uniforms that make baby Jesus cry? These are, in fact, without exaggeration, the worst uniforms I have ever seen. Whoever designed these should be sterilized to make sure they don't reproduce. (and assuming it was a man, the surgery should be performed with a work boot)

I remember when "epic fail" was supposed to be the ultimate in terrible, however it would seem appropriate to come up with something worse for these.

BroncosSig.jpg

If TCU stands for Texas Christian University, why are they wearing uniforms that make baby Jesus cry? These are, in fact, without exaggeration, the worst uniforms I have ever seen. Whoever designed these should be sterilized to make sure they don't reproduce. (and assuming it was a man, the surgery should be performed with a work boot)

I remember when "epic fail" was supposed to be the ultimate in terrible, however it would seem appropriate to come up with something worse for these.

I'm afraid I must agree. Black, silver, red... oh, yeah, they did throw in a hint of purple, which is nice considering purple is the school color. And what's up with that silly, high gloss stuff on the jersey.

Ugly.

I'm afraid I must agree. Black, silver, red... oh, yeah, they did throw in a hint of purple, which is nice considering purple is the school color. And what's up with that silly, high gloss stuff on the jersey.

Ugly.

The weird airbrush fade on the helmet was bad, the shiny shoulder strips that looked like iron-ons from a t-shirt shop were bad, the disconnected purple elements on the jersey were bad. Liked the pants, but that was about it.

I really liked TCU's Pro Combat look from last year. This one was a downgrade in just about every respect.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

reveal_event_lineup_high_res.jpg

So after seeing these all in a row like this, looks like Imma have to reverse an earlier observation.

I can do without all the hackneyed explanations Nike hacked out for these uniforms, but from head to toe, VT has the best look. The orange in there really jumps out against all that black (which, by the way, Nike can't convince me "honors the ROTC cadet corps--they just wanted to do a black uniform cuz that's Nike's thing). After that, it'd probably be WV, then either Miami or Ohio State (I like both). Pitt's isn't so bad, neither is Oregon State's, Alabama's looks pretty much the same as their currents, and I can do without the rest of them.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

I feel like i'm the only one who really likes each of the designs. And to tell you the truth, I actually really like Boise State's more than others. For a one time deal, it's pretty sweet. Now of course, a series like MLB's Turn Back The Clock was a total joke, but a really creative series that executes well and (most importantly to me at least) have an important meaning, is something I really enjoy. Definetely a good pro combat year in my opinion.

I can't wait to see who participates next year, I'd like to see Colorado or BYU (even though I hate them) try it out.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

I just thought about something...didn't North Carolina, or somebody, "leak" a special Pro Combat set with pewter helmets and pants sometime back during the spring? Or are they not doing that now? Anybody know?

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

Yep...that one. What was up with that again?

I just thought about something...didn't North Carolina, or somebody, "leak" a special Pro Combat set with pewter helmets and pants sometime back during the spring? Or are they not doing that now? Anybody know?

This helmet?

64534330.jpg

I remember reading somewhere not long ago, maybe Uni Watch Blog, that those were just prototypes. They decided against them.

Archived