2010-11 NHL Season Thread

Still MIGHTY

WE'RE GOING TO THE 'OFFS! THANK YOU TAMPA BAY!!!!!!!!!!!

The 'offs?

Whatever, Im counting on the Rags to get back to the form that had them wiping the floor with the Craps a couple times this season.

'offs = Playoffs like 'ship = Championship

Hence We're going to the 'offs!

You know, we were making fun of you when we referred to them as such.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WE'RE GOING TO THE 'OFFS! THANK YOU TAMPA BAY!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, good thing you won't be watching their "crappy, lazy, uninspired, pathetic, half-brained play" in the playoffs.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Lol at NASCAR division, it's true cause all the South is are wannabe confederate people who fly the confederacy war flag, bible pushers, nascar watchers j/k

Uhhhh, what? :blink:

Its ok man, we're still Patrick Division, in our hearts.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

All I have to say about this years playoffs for the Caps: Conference Championship Round or Bruce goes hunting for the closest Haagen-Daas to Toronto after he gets canned.

I am a Caps fan, therefore my glass is half empty.

"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

Anyone who feels the need to abbreviate either "playoffs" or "championship" should just give up now. It's just dumb.

So, is this the last time Cory Schneider starts for the Canucks tonight? Who needs goaltending help, besides Tampa and Florida, either of which could probably use the salary floor-busting salary of one Roberto Luongo more than anything?

Is he a free agent on July 1st?

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Lol at NASCAR division, it's true cause all the South is are wannabe confederate people who fly the confederacy war flag, bible pushers, nascar watchers j/k

You're old enough to have an emotional bond to the old division names?

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

Anyone who feels the need to abbreviate either "playoffs" or "championship" should just give up now. It's just dumb.

So, is this the last time Cory Schneider starts for the Canucks tonight? Who needs goaltending help, besides Tampa and Florida, either of which could probably use the salary floor-busting salary of one Roberto Luongo more than anything?

I would love for the Blue Jackets to pick up Cory Schneider. Steve Mason is over, and Garon is not coming back.

PvO6ZWJ.png

You're old enough to have an emotional bond to the old division names?

I'm old enough to hate the old Patrick Division rivals more than Tampa, Carolina, and the rest of the Southleast.

The kid is prime trade bait. He is, for all intents and purposes, a number one goalie, and he has a very attractive salary.He could easily be flipped for scoring, prospects, a first round pick, name it. He's far too good to sit on a bench for 50 games per year.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

The kid is prime trade bait. He is, for all intents and purposes, a number one goalie, and he has a very attractive salary.He could easily be flipped for scoring, prospects, a first round pick, name it. He's far too good to sit on a bench for 50 games per year.

BC represent, yo.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

So most of the Playoffs have been set including all of the Eastern Matchups.

#1 Washington vs. #8 NY Rangers

#4 Pittsburgh vs. #5 Tampa Bay

#3 Boston vs. #6 Montreal

#2 Philadelphia vs. #7 Buffalo

#1 Vancouver vs. LA/Chicago/Dallas

#4 Anaheim vs. Nashville/Chicago

#3 Detroit vs. Nashville/Phoenix

#2 San Jose vs. Phoenix/LA/Chicago

EDIT

#4 Anaheim vs. #5 Nashville

#3 Detroit vs. #6 Phoenix

#2 San Jose vs. LA/Chicago

If Chicago wins in regulation, they would face Anaheim, and the other three seeds would drop accordingly: Nashville, Phoenix, Los Angeles.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

#4 Anaheim vs. #5 Nashville

#3 Detroit vs. #6 Phoenix

#2 San Jose vs. LA/Chicago

If Chicago wins in regulation, they would face Anaheim, and the other three seeds would drop accordingly: Nashville, Phoenix, Los Angeles.

Ahh yes the stupid ROW category my mistake you would be correct.

BC represent, yo.

Goal tending isn't as valueable a trade commodity as it used to be, but off the top of my head, CBJ and Colorado could use some help, and hell, the Avs seem to be set on self destructing, maybe they'll flip us Statsny for Schneider. :rolleyes:

So if the Blackhawks win, they finish in 5th place; if they lose in regulation and Dallas wins, they finish 9th. I'm going to spend all morning throwing up like Gump Worsley. Delightful. I need the Hawks to win not so much because I like the Hawks, which I do, but because I can't bear to see the world subjected to a Ducks-Predators series. When the Anaheim Ducks provide the preferable exciting alternative, you're on a midnight train to Screwedville. Whoo-whoo.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

So if the Blackhawks win, they finish in 5th place; if they lose in regulation and Dallas wins, they finish 9th. I'm going to spend all morning throwing up like Gump Worsley. Delightful. I need the Hawks to win not so much because I like the Hawks, which I do, but because I can't bear to see the world subjected to a Ducks-Predators series. When the Anaheim Ducks provide the preferable exciting alternative, you're on a midnight train to Screwedville. Whoo-whoo.

I read an OT loss gets a first round date with the Sharks. Its gonna interesting if its Hawks-Sharks or Hawks-Canucks.

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

You know, part of me wants the Canucks. The Blackhawks' actual record is well below their Pythagorean record, so I don't see why they can't upset anyone once Dave Bolland is back.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

What do you find so boring about the Ducks?

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011

Can't Pittsburgh jump into 2nd in the East today with a win?

They would tie Philadelphia in points (106) but have a 49-47 wins advantage.

Man, if Crosby and Malkin were not injured we'd be talking Presidents Trophy and Stanley Cup.

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011

Archived