2010-11 NHL Season Thread

Still MIGHTY

I've watched these "shut-down" forwards that are always up for the Selke and none of them play defense at all, they get the Selke based off of offensive production

Pavel Datsyuk is perennially a league leader in takeaways. He has offensive production precisely because he plays such good defense. You've watched nothing. You're stupid.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They lost 4-3 to Tampa in OT but these seats were awesome (save for the goal lights blocking part of the other end of the ice). And we got an 11 round shootout to boot. Here's Mats Zuccarello scoring a shootout goal in his first NHL game...

Saw this kid over the course of this season with the Hartford Wolf Pack/Connecticut Whale. You will LOVE him. Hard worker, not afraid to play physical, seems to always be in the right spot.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Canucks are up on Columbus 3-0 with 5.30 left in the first. Someone go talk Sizemore off the ledge pls.

Well last night kinda sucked. Especially since I'm actually back in Ohio and can watch the game.

The name Rusty Klesla makes me laugh.

Ah, good ole Rostislav Klesla. The only guy to have been with the Jackets from the start. We love Rusty in Columbus.

Canucks are up on Columbus 3-0 with 5.30 left in the first. Someone go talk Sizemore off the ledge pls.

I need to learn to stop spending all day looking forward to these games.

Yeah, really. The team better come out firing on all cylinders on Boxing Day.

Garon was the one who gave up the first 6 goals, not Steve Mason. My scapegoat may need to shift from Mason, who has been awful, to the defense of Anton Stralman and Jan Hejda. Maybe two of the Canucks goals can be pinned on Garon himself, the rest were the results of poor defensive play.

Yeah pretty much. It's pretty damn annoying at this point and pathetic. For once, the offense hasn't been the CBJ's problem recently. I'm just hoping we don't see another mid-year collapse from this team.

6fQjS3M.png

Well last night kinda sucked. Especially since I'm actually back in Ohio and can watch the game.

Ah, good ole Rostislav Klesla. The only guy to have been with the Jackets from the start. We love Rusty in Columbus.

Garon was the one who gave up the first 6 goals, not Steve Mason. My scapegoat may need to shift from Mason, who has been awful, to the defense of Anton Stralman and Jan Hejda. Maybe two of the Canucks goals can be pinned on Garon himself, the rest were the results of poor defensive play.

Yeah pretty much. It's pretty damn annoying at this point and pathetic. For once, the offense hasn't been the CBJ's problem recently. I'm just hoping we don't see another mid-year collapse from this team.

I fear that's precisely what we're seeing. This next couple of weeks will be a make or break section of the season.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Should the World Juniors have their own thread? Canada won their opening game 5-3.

http://boards.sportslogos.net/index.php?showtopic=77569

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

I've watched these "shut-down" forwards that are always up for the Selke and none of them play defense at all, they get the Selke based off of offensive production

Pavel Datsyuk is perennially a league leader in takeaways. He has offensive production precisely because he plays such good defense. You've watched nothing. You're stupid.

The fact that you resort to calling people names when they disagree with something you say, or something you don't like. I have one word for you. Grow up and get out of puberty before you make your next post.

Kovalchuk vs. Phaneuf

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M24fiYNuPbs

Kovalchuk is 240, but only 6'2". Maybe that's part of the reason he's not doing so well this season. He's up nearly 10 lbs from last year.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Is the Winter Classic in trouble?

Rain showers and temperatures in the low 50s are being forecast for the Capitals-Penguins outdoor game Saturday at Heinz Field, hardly the conditions the NHL wants for its midseason showcase featuring stars Sidney Crosby and Alex Ovechkin.

<snip>

If the Winter Classic is not played this weekend, the game would be rescheduled for later this season at Consol Energy Center.

The best laid plans of mice, men and NHL commissioners and all...

CCSLC signature.png

Typical Pittsburgh. Weather doesn't cooperate.

Doesn't help it usually is warm around New Years. It marks the break between the "cold" and "snowy" halves of our winter.

Pittsburgh Arsenal - Elite Football League (NFL) - 2006  |  New Orleans JazzCats - Major League Hockey (AHL) - 2023

The fact that you resort to calling people names when they disagree with something you say, or something you don't like. I have one word for you. Grow up and get out of puberty before you make your next post.

In this case, however, he's absolutely right (about Datsyuk and the Selke)

In this case, however, he's absolutely right (about Datsyuk and the Selke)

Yeah he is fricking amazing.

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

Rain showers and temperatures in the low 50s are being forecast for the Capitals-Penguins outdoor game Saturday at Heinz Field, hardly the conditions the NHL wants for its midseason showcase featuring stars Sidney Crosby and Alex Ovechkin.

<snip>

If the Winter Classic is not played this weekend, the game would be rescheduled for later this season at Consol Energy Center.

Serves them right for trying to fit Sid into two in four years. And Ovi in one, period.

Market the other teams, already!

I fear that's precisely what we're seeing. This next couple of weeks will be a make or break section of the season.

Well, they started it with a make tonight. Really good effort all around for the team tonight. Mason makes 37 saves, Tyutin and Murray score (2nd each on the year), get outshot 40-22 yet still win the game, take 7 penalties (including 7 minutes worth in a row, one a major) and kill them all, make all 3 shootout shots. Yeah, I'd say it's definitely a result that I'm happy with. These are the kind of games you have to win in order to make the playoffs in the NHL. Gotta keep this going in Toronto on Thursday, and then hopefully I get to see a win in person on New Year's Eve against Ottawa.

Oh, and one of the Jackets writers (might have been Portzline, but he may have deleted it) tweeted something along the lines of, "Boomer tried to enter the arena at the security gate today, was turned away." :P

6fQjS3M.png

<snip>

Serves them right for trying to fit Sid into two in four years. And Ovi in one, period.

Market the other teams, already!

Like them or not, Crosby and Ovie are the NHL's most marketable players.

Archived