2010-11 NHL Season Thread

Still MIGHTY

LOST: Goals - Specifically Even Strength, PowerPlay, Shorthanded, Penalty Shots, Overtime, and occasionally Shootouts.

REWARD: Just enough to keep fans interested and entertained as well as a possible first round exit in the Playoffs come April.

If found, please return to the the Washington Capitals, Attn: General Manager George McPhee, Head Coach Bruce Boudreau, and Captain Alex Ovechkin, 627 North Glebe Road, Suite 850, Arlington, Virginia 22203

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So much for Getzlaf's injury being a death sentence for the Ducks. This was their best January winning percentage in franchise history.

So if you don't need Getzlaf, how about trading him to the Kings for a conditional draft pick in the year 2255? :hockeysmiley:

Add in Andy Sutton for Drew Doughty and Jack Johnson and cash and you've got a deal :P

---

But seriously, it's awesome that they're doing this with Getzy out. They're still scoring goals and they have the #3 PP in the league right now. But even with that scoring, Hiller plays a huge role in this streak of great play. They're not winning many games by more than one or two goals.

Gotta hope that Getzlaf fits right back in when he gets back after this All-Star Break. When he's been in, the Ducks have tried to spread out the scoring and switching Bobby Ryan around on the lines. Bobby's been playing center while Getzlaf has been out.

I always want Getzlaf on the team, he's a great talent no doubt. Just hope the chemistry still clicks.

If that's the case, I say throw in Cam Fowler and Bobby Ryan and I'll throw in Scott Parse, Peter Harrold, and Kevin Westgarth and you got a deal.

The GM's of the Kings and Ducks are going to bo so pissed at you guys for making a trade without consulting them.

So what's the final trade here? Getzlaf, Sutton, Ryan and Fowler to LA for Parse, Harrold, Westgarth, Doughty, Johnson, and a conditional pick in 2255?

Gentlemen, I believe we have a deal.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

We'll throw in the cup win, if you fold in 2012 and give us all of your players, money, and...thats about it.

So now the deal is

To Anaheim:

package of players including JMFJ, and Doughty

To Los Angeles:

Fowler, Getzlaf, Ryan, Sutton and cup win.

And then they fold in 2012, and give us everything they have, and we get the cup win back.

:P

So much for Getzlaf's injury being a death sentence for the Ducks. This was their best January winning percentage in franchise history.

So if you don't need Getzlaf, how about trading him to the Kings for a conditional draft pick in the year 2255? :hockeysmiley:

Add in Andy Sutton for Drew Doughty and Jack Johnson and cash and you've got a deal :P

---

But seriously, it's awesome that they're doing this with Getzy out. They're still scoring goals and they have the #3 PP in the league right now. But even with that scoring, Hiller plays a huge role in this streak of great play. They're not winning many games by more than one or two goals.

Gotta hope that Getzlaf fits right back in when he gets back after this All-Star Break. When he's been in, the Ducks have tried to spread out the scoring and switching Bobby Ryan around on the lines. Bobby's been playing center while Getzlaf has been out.

I always want Getzlaf on the team, he's a great talent no doubt. Just hope the chemistry still clicks.

If that's the case, I say throw in Cam Fowler and Bobby Ryan and I'll throw in Scott Parse, Peter Harrold, and Kevin Westgarth and you got a deal.

The GM's of the Kings and Ducks are going to bo so pissed at you guys for making a trade without consulting them.

I doubt Ducks GM Bob Murray would even notice. Hell he might even approve it. But if he did, he'd just hit his assistant over the head with chair. And once Kings GM Dean Lombardi finds out he'll just curse a bit and pull out his wallet.

And Sorry GrimReaper, we're staying around and keeping the Cup win. :P Plus you wouldn't be "getting it back" if you've never had it. You've had 40+ years of chances. Finder's keeper's :P

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Alex Edler will undergo back surgery and will be sidelined for 6-12 weeks.

Huge loss for the Canucks. Edler has been the most consistent and productive D-Man for the Canucks this season. Now is the time for Keith Ballard to step up and show the offensive abilities that the Canucks were hoping for when they traded for him. There is a upside to this injury, Salo can now return without worrying about the Cap, and hopefully if all goes well Edler will be back by the playoffs when I believe the salary cap doesn't count(could someone confirm this?)

Flames placed a couple players on Waivers.

Craig Conroy - :( One of the classiest players the NHL has seen in the last decade, next step retirement and he will be sorely missed.

Ales Kotalik - Miro Satan doppelganger, shell of his former 20 goal self, wicked shot could be an okay 3rd/4th liner on a team with Cap Space and needs a bomb from the point.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

---

I doubt Ducks GM Bob Murray would even notice. Hell he might even approve it. But if he did, he'd just hit his assistant over the head with chair. And once Kings GM Dean Lombardi finds out he'll just curse a bit and pull out his wallet.

And Sorry GrimReaper, we're staying around and keeping the Cup win. :P Plus you wouldn't be "getting it back" if you've never had it. You've had 40+ years of chances. Finder's keeper's :P

If Deano's going to blame anyone, it'll be either Red Berenson, Michigan's head coach or he'll be swearing at Mike Murphy for wanting the Kings' GM job... again!!! :hockeysmiley:

I like to keep track of the NHL standings a little differently than the league prepares the standings. I like to rank teams by points per game, rather than by total number of points. This is akin to keeping standings in other leagues using teams' winning percentages. Teams that are tied in PPG are then ranked by wins per game (WPG), ties then broken by goal differential per game (GDPG). Anyway, using my format, here are the NHL standings at the All-Star break...

2010-11NHLSTANDINGS.jpg

May God bless you all and fill your hearts with faith, hope, and love!

I like to keep track of the NHL standings a little differently than the league prepares the standings. I like to rank teams by points per game, rather than by total number of points. This is akin to keeping standings in other leagues using teams' winning percentages. Teams that are tied in PPG are then ranked by wins per game (WPG), ties then broken by goal differential per game (GDPG). Anyway, using my format, here are the NHL standings at the All-Star break...

2010-11NHLSTANDINGS.jpg

Great... make the standings more confusing. Thanks. Just what the NHL needs to drive away more fans. I'm sorry, but the standings should be wins and losses. Period.

You're both correct: ranking by winning percentage gives a clearer picture of the standings over the course of the season, and anything other than two pure outcomes is a bad system.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Is the bottom table supposed to be percentage extrapolated over a full season? If so, how do the Avs finish 6th ahead of the Blackhawks with fewer wins?

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

How come they already have the jerseys made up for tonight's all star "draft"?

No link but I read an article last week saying they had jerseys of both teams made up for each player so they would be able to wear it when drafted.

I was wondering the same myself. Either they already did the draft behind the scenes and everything was a formality OR they created two jerseys for each player.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

I was wondering the same myself. Either they already did the draft behind the scenes and everything was a formality OR they created two jerseys for each player.

I'm guessing the draft already happened and this is just for show.

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

Is the bottom table supposed to be percentage extrapolated over a full season? If so, how do the Avs finish 6th ahead of the Blackhawks with fewer wins?

It must be ordered by points as the current system has it. Colorado has two more OTL than Chicago, which would project to at least three over the full season. Those three points would obviously overcome the one-win deficit, although that doesn't explain why the bottom table is ordered differently.

I don't think this draft was premeditated. It's a really great idea and fun to watch.

I'm guessing the draft already happened and this is just for show.

I think there's two jerseys for each player. Sometimes they just go with what the crowd wants.

Archived