2010-11 NHL Season Thread

Still MIGHTY

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Only nine points out of 8th place with four teams to jump!

We Believe!

Stranger things have happened.

(Case in Point: Pierre McGuire is employed)

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

Surprise, surprise, in his first game back from the 9 game suspension, Trevor Gillies gets tossed for a check from behind.

Admittedly, I haven't seen the hit, so I can't comment whether it was deserved or not.

It was a dumb play, an Islander got boarded by Clutterbuck and Gillies jumped and checked him into the boards in retaliation. Checking from behind? Debatable. Dirty hit? In the respect that he jumped to deliver the hit. Dumb because he is in his first game since being banned for nine for doing effectively the same thing? Yes. Anyone else, and they might get a game for the hit, in Gillies case and imo the NHL is about as likely to make an example out of him as they did the last go around, I say he gets 5 tops.

Surprise, surprise, in his first game back from the 9 game suspension, Trevor Gillies gets tossed for a check from behind.

Admittedly, I haven't seen the hit, so I can't comment whether it was deserved or not.

It was a dumb play, an Islander got boarded by Clutterbuck and Gillies jumped and checked him into the boards in retaliation. Checking from behind? Debatable. Dirty hit? In the respect that he jumped to deliver the hit. Dumb because he is in his first game since being banned for nine for doing effectively the same thing? Yes. Anyone else, and they might get a game for the hit, in Gillies case and imo the NHL is about as likely to make an example out of him as they did the last go around, I say he gets 5 tops.

Just saw some commentary from Keith Jones and Mike Milbury on Versus. They essentially wanted Gillies expelled from the league. Jones said there was 700 players in the NHL and one meathead(Gillies)

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

Hockey is by nature a more paritous sport than basketball. Combine that with the fact that the talent of the NHL isn't colluding with each other and good players are spread around then it's easy to see why we've reached this level. I'd much rather have "super-mediocrity" than what the NBA has right now.

PvO6ZWJ.png

@ovi8 is back on twitter folks and he brings presents.

xhhd.jpg

Phil Kessel likes presents...

2011-honda-CR-Z-2.jpg

Phil Kessel also likes this

KesselOvie.png

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Sometimes it's comforting to know that some teams are good and others blow.

Yes. No matter how rough this world gets, I've always taken great comfort in knowing that the Washington Wizards are a bad team. It just makes me feel safe during these trying times.

Just saw some commentary from Keith Jones and Mike Milbury on Versus. They essentially wanted Gillies expelled from the league. Jones said there was 700 players in the NHL and one meathead(Gillies)

I think Gillies should be expelled from the league along with the other meatheads such as Jarko Ruttu, Matt Cooke, etc. The Gillies hit was completely ridiculous as he launched himself at the player with both elbows up and a 100% intent to injure. This guy is the essence of goon. He thinks he's cool because he has that stupid mustache, and yet he alone is the deffinition of what needs to be cleaned up in hockey. Do we really expect the NHL to do anything. I doubt he'll even get suspended, that's just how ridiculous the league enforcement is!

@ovi8 is back on twitter folks and he brings presents.

xhhd.jpg

Phil Kessel likes presents...

2011-honda-CR-Z-2.jpg

Phil Kessel also likes this

KesselOvie.png

Ovechkin is also top 10 in pts, wheres Kessel? Ovies also in the playoffs. C'mon dude. Cant compare.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

WHY'S IT GOTTA BE KRIS VERSTEEG??? :cursing:

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

I wonder how far Toews has to climb the leaderboard for MVP consideration. He's making a strong case down the stretch, but he's not going to snag it trailing Phil Kessel.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Don't care about records or rankings. The Thrashers are the worst team in the league right now. They have been stinking up the joint since the All-Star break & there's no signs of things improving. Can't score for :censored: (they've been getting tons of shots, but it literally takes a miracle for it to get past whoever's in net), every mistake they make on defense results in a goal, they don't get any of those lucky bounces, & just fold under adversity for the most part. It's like fan repellent.

After the performances they had before the All-Star break, they really had me going when it came to hopes of the playoffs. Then the failboat anchored in Blueland once more, & it's been a wrap ever since.

Jason Arnott tallies his first goal as a Washington Capital, a GWG in the 3rd period. 2 pts in 2 games for the new 2C in DC. :D

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

Carey Price offered another great performance and another shutout. It's nice when the Habs play this way.

I wish I was there to see the game in Florida, with the other 10 000 Canadiens fans already in attendance. :P That would have been awesome!!

Is tired of continually saying, "Maybe next year" when it comes to the Blue Jackets.

I'll put the collapse if you'd call it, on the back of one play - Nashville's 3rd goal off of maybe the juiciest rebound attempt I've ever seen.

Glad to see Upshall playing well for the CBJ, but it's going to be all for naught when he walks after a disappointing finish to the season.

Jackets probably have to go 14-5 the rest of the way to make the playoffs. This includes games against Detroit, Boston, Washington, Chicago, Vancouver, (Red Hot) New Jersey, and finally, the 81st game in Nashville. Yeah, I'm not really seeing it. Can't believe the Jackets just lost to the Oilers again. About as :censored:ty of a performance as the first time they visited Edmonton. Almost have to go 5-0 in your next five if you're the Jackets - in Calgary, a home-and-home with the Blues (another place the Jackets can't seem to win), hosting Los Angeles, and in Raleigh to play the 'Canes. Yeah, I'm not seeing it. As some random dude said on Twitter, "March is the new December." I knew this was gonna happen the second I heard, "and in net for the Jackets, Matty Garon" on Sunday afternoon in Nashville. Don't say I didn't tell ya so oddball.

There's always next year... that's now the 10th time we've said that as Jackets fans... I mean, all I want is a freaking playoff win this year. Just one game. *sigh*

6fQjS3M.png

Archived