2010-11 NHL Season Thread

Still MIGHTY

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well that's pretty much it for the CBJ. Regulation loss to the Oilers. They'll need to win 14 of their last 19 to even have a sniff of a chance at the playoffs. See you next year.

PvO6ZWJ.png

I love the Boston Bruins so much right now.

With the emphasis on NOW... :upside:

Seven game win streak - how could you not?

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Don't care about records or rankings. The Thrashers are the worst team in the league right now. They have been stinking up the joint since the All-Star break & there's no signs of things improving. Can't score for :censored: (they've been getting tons of shots, but it literally takes a miracle for it to get past whoever's in net), every mistake they make on defense results in a goal, they don't get any of those lucky bounces, & just fold under adversity for the most part. It's like fan repellent.

After the performances they had before the All-Star break, they really had me going when it came to hopes of the playoffs. Then the failboat anchored in Blueland once more, & it's been a wrap ever since.

I just have to ask, "How's that new Captain of your doing?" I said when it happened that I didn't think it amounted to a hill of beans, heck it didn't even amount to a bean, and now where's this new captain lead your team? To the crapper! Great significant move by the Thrashers. Oh and what is up with the fan base? Seriously? Hell, can we move that team to Winnipeg or Quebec. I've seen more people in a pick up game at a local arena than I saw in highlights from the Thrashers game last night. Pathetic organization and pathetic fan base.

Don't care about records or rankings. The Thrashers are the worst team in the league right now. They have been stinking up the joint since the All-Star break & there's no signs of things improving. Can't score for :censored: (they've been getting tons of shots, but it literally takes a miracle for it to get past whoever's in net), every mistake they make on defense results in a goal, they don't get any of those lucky bounces, & just fold under adversity for the most part. It's like fan repellent.

After the performances they had before the All-Star break, they really had me going when it came to hopes of the playoffs. Then the failboat anchored in Blueland once more, & it's been a wrap ever since.

I just have to ask, "How's that new Captain of your doing?" I said when it happened that I didn't think it amounted to a hill of beans, heck it didn't even amount to a bean, and now where's this new captain lead your team? To the crapper! Great significant move by the Thrashers. Oh and what is up with the fan base? Seriously? Hell, can we move that team to Winnipeg or Quebec. I've seen more people in a pick up game at a local arena than I saw in highlights from the Thrashers game last night. Pathetic organization and pathetic fan base.

Another A+ post from oddball! Let's analyze this gem!

1) Ladd has 23 goals, 24 assists. Leads the team in goals, assists, and points. But of course, he's the one led them into the crapper. Not the coaching or the actual crap players on the team, but the captain who's actually playing well in the midst of all this crap. Brilliant analysis, TSN should sign you.

2) The team's signed NDA's with prospective owners that are probably gonna keep the team in Atlanta, and buy the Hawks and Philips Arena as well. You totally nailed that one! The Thrashers will most definitely be in Winnipeg or Quebec, hell maybe by next week! Solid!

3) Oh, an attendance joke. So original, so witty, so fresh! The Thrashers can't draw, who would've thought! Novel insight there! Which leads to "Pathetic organization & fan base" - The owners suck, true. But yeah, there was a time when the Thrashers were outdrawing teams like the Blackhawks & Caps, Bruins, & Blues among others. BUT, the Thrashers have no fans. Right.

So yeah, all three points of your post were solid, as always! Fantastic, brilliant post...for me to poop on.

Gilles got 10 games for his hit on Clutterbuck.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Turrible homestand for the Rangers, 3 losses.

smiley_big_grin_sticker-p217878688010588288qjcl_400.jpg

As much as I dislike the Devils, I think if they make the playoffs they'll go further than the Rangers.

They wont. Sorry Kinger.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

Hawks on the verge of seven in a row with Toronto and the Florida teams up next. They could make it 10. They still don't have any depth, though.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I wonder how far Toews has to climb the leaderboard for MVP consideration. He's making a strong case down the stretch, but he's not going to snag it trailing Phil Kessel.

I don't think Toews has much to worry about with Kessel, what with Toews having 15 more points. In two less games played. I think we might want to give more serious MVP consideration to the guy who fired Daryl Sutter though.

Another A+ post from oddball! Let's analyze this gem!

1) Ladd has 23 goals, 24 assists. Leads the team in goals, assists, and points. But of course, he's the one led them into the crapper. Not the coaching or the actual crap players on the team, but the captain who's actually playing well in the midst of all this crap. Brilliant analysis, TSN should sign you.

2) The team's signed NDA's with prospective owners that are probably gonna keep the team in Atlanta, and buy the Hawks and Philips Arena as well. You totally nailed that one! The Thrashers will most definitely be in Winnipeg or Quebec, hell maybe by next week! Solid!

3) Oh, an attendance joke. So original, so witty, so fresh! The Thrashers can't draw, who would've thought! Novel insight there! Which leads to "Pathetic organization & fan base" - The owners suck, true. But yeah, there was a time when the Thrashers were outdrawing teams like the Blackhawks & Caps, Bruins, & Blues among others. BUT, the Thrashers have no fans. Right.

So yeah, all three points of your post were solid, as always! Fantastic, brilliant post...for me to poop on.

Oh yeah and your captain has led them straight to the toilet, so he can take those 23 goals and 24 assists and enjoy watching all the playoffs from the comfort of his seat. I'm not impressed. Numbers mean nothing, as a captain you need to lead your team to make them better and obviously he hasn't done that. Stats mean nothing, it's what you do in the locker and how you make the players around you better. The team tanked with him as captain and you want to defend their tanking by giving some individual stat about how good he is. A captain's job is to lead them into the playoffs and to the Championship, not to be the worst team in the league. You can score as many goals as you want, but that's not why you were named captain, you were named captain to lead this team and make everyone in the locker room better on the ice. This is a bad franchise and always has been a bad franchise and you can't cover up a bad franchise. It's like someone trying to make a case for the Clippers or the Pittsburgh Pirates of the last 15 or so years. Bad franchises always make bad decisions, and there's no way around it, Atlanta is a bad franchise. And I don't care what kind of lease they've signed, the city of Atlanta is a pathetic fan base period. They don't support their teams, win or lose.

Archived