2010-11 NHL Season Thread

Still MIGHTY

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Montreal police have launched an official investigation into Tuesday night's violent hit on Habs forward Max Pacioretty.

In a release issued early Thursday, Quebec's Director of Criminal and Penal Prosecutions (DCPP) confirmed it had advised the ministry of Public Security that it was recommending an investigation.

It didn't take long for officials to respond. Montreal police issued a brief statement a few hours later confiming they had been asked by the ministry to begin looking into the hit and its aftermath.

Read more: http://www.montrealgazette.com/news/Cops+probe+Pacioretty/4415669/story.html#ixzz1GDOR64wB

Source

So, in other words, Canada has nothing better to do?

Are we SURE La Belle Province should get a second team? These nutjobs are bad enough with the one they have now.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Montreal police have launched an official investigation into Tuesday night's violent hit on Habs forward Max Pacioretty.

In a release issued early Thursday, Quebec's Director of Criminal and Penal Prosecutions (DCPP) confirmed it had advised the ministry of Public Security that it was recommending an investigation.

It didn't take long for officials to respond. Montreal police issued a brief statement a few hours later confiming they had been asked by the ministry to begin looking into the hit and its aftermath.

Read more: http://www.montrealgazette.com/news/Cops+probe+Pacioretty/4415669/story.html#ixzz1GDOR64wB

Source

Are we SURE La Belle Province should get a second team? These nutjobs are bad enough with the one they have now.

So I take it you'd be against a Quebec Police investigation on why the Montreal Police are investigating Chara's hit?

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Source

like what? debating on the subject on a sports logo message board?

I saw, I came, I left.

Source

So I take it you'd be against a Quebec Police investigation on why the Montreal Police are investigating Chara's hit?

Actually I'm favor in some Montreal judge saying "OK, all of you loons clear the court." But I need to know if the standard Montreal fan riot for winning the Stanley Cup winning a second round series winning a playoff game winning a game Wednesday gets punished by the local justice system or not first.

You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Wasn't a dirty hit.

how is it nit a dirty hit? Chara knew where he was on the ice, He has been in the league for 13 years and has been playing since god knows when. he knows the dimensions of the rink.

nyjets.pngHabs_button.jpg

UConn Huskies 2011 NCAA Men's Basketball Champions

Wasn't a dirty hit.

how is it nit a dirty hit? Chara knew where he was on the ice, He has been in the league for 13 years and has been playing since god knows when. he knows the dimensions of the rink.

Because the dimensions of the rink and risks of what will happen to this guy if I check him near the bench are certainly running through my mind as I'm trying to chase a loose puck.

what the hell is ccslc?

Here's a freaky image I found...

197126_10150103592876994_599501993_6958751_5200968_n1.jpg

Chara slammed his head so hard, you can clearly see a dent in the pole where he was hit.

Yeah, that's definitely clean and he does not deserve a punishement.

Notice the hand beside his head, and the hard foam pole? You just disproved your own thought in posting that image.

Hard foam? HARD FOAM?!?

Clean hit. Bad spot. If anything, we should be discussing that the outrage over this call partially stems from the NHL's disciplinarians finally, and correctly, legislating on intent rather than result.

I was being sarcastic, hard foam was sarcasm, SARCASM!?

Notice how after I said he disproved his own point by posting and image, that clearly showed it was a clean hit. Read the whole post before you react to sarcasm.

untitled-6.jpg

Okay, leaving my foolishness with images aside, this is what shocks me...

At over 90 mph, Chara violenty slams Pacioretty's head into a pole with his forearm/hand = No fine, no suspension.

At over 90 mph, Chara violenty slams Pacioretty's head into a pole with his elbow = Fine and suspension (maybe).

Say what you will.

David Krejci was kicked out of the faceoff circle tonight. I want Boston PD to launch a full scale investigation into this.

what the hell is ccslc?

David Krejci was kicked out of the faceoff circle tonight. I want Boston PD to launch a full scale investigation into this.

Screw the Boston PD this is cause for the FBI! Even the Secret Service!

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

Okay, leaving my foolishness with images aside, this is what shocks me...

At over 90 mph, Chara violenty slams Pacioretty's head into a pole with his forearm/hand = No fine, no suspension.

At over 90 mph, Chara violenty slams Pacioretty's head into a pole with his elbow = Fine and suspension (maybe).

Say what you will.

I didn't realize they skated that fast, and Chara only makes contact with Pacioretty's shoulder, his follow through with his arm maks no contact. You can clearly see this because Pacioretty's body elevates, thus was lifted. Your body does not lift from being hit in the head, it goes limp. Normal hockey play, and in any other arena it wouldn't even be possible. It's just a wonder it doesn't happen more often.

You can't suspend someone because of the location of an incident, and that's what it all boils down to.

The 2nd angle in this video clearly shows no contact with the head was made by Chara.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQLr-BX79iU&feature=related

+1

untitled-6.jpg

I didn't realize they skated that fast, and Chara only makes contact with Pacioretty's shoulder, his follow through with his arm maks no contact. You can clearly see this because Pacioretty's body elevates, thus was lifted. Your body does not lift from being hit in the head, it goes limp. Normal hockey play, and in any other arena it wouldn't even be possible. It's just a wonder it doesn't happen more often.

You can't suspend someone because of the location of an incident, and that's what it all boils down to.

It doesn't appear that way to me when I see clips of the incident, but I'll admit that you make good points.

It doesn't appear that way to me when I see clips of the incident, but I'll admit that you make good points.

Posted this above afterwards, but watch the 2nd angle around the 57 second mark. His arm makes no contact with the head.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQLr-BX79iU&feature=related[

untitled-6.jpg

Posted this above afterwards, but watch the 2nd angle around the 57 second mark. His arm makes no contact with the head.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQLr-BX79iU&feature=related[

Yeah that above the ice view makes it look like Chara had all shoulder.

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

Well, if it makes any Canadiens fans feel better, the Bruins are getting penalties for looking at the Sabres the wrong way, so there ya go.

what the hell is ccslc?

They would only be satisfied if the Bruins had to wheel Chara onto the ice Hannibal Lecter style.

Today, we are all otaku.

Archived