kmccarthy27

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They are going to use the Virginia name with the team the finalists are:

Virginia Destroyers

Virginia Tritons

Virginia Navigators

http://boxscorenews.com/its-virginia-fan-poll-decides-the-ufl-expansion-franchise-will-carry-host-p3899-68.htm

Given this I think the Destroyers is a lock to win this thing.....

I put this because the previous person said they may use the Hampton Roads name but this article says differently.

Kevin

I prefer Tritons. I'd love to see a team rock a badass merman logo.

Destroyers is one of those names that is so masculine that it sounds sissy. It sounds like the online handle for a 90 lbs. weakling posting messages about how he knows 20 ways to kill a man with a straw. 25 if he keeps the wrapper.

I prefer Tritons. I'd love to see a team rock a badass merman logo.

If they're going to go the sea-god route for a football franchise in the Hampton Roads market, the United Football League should simply revive the historic Norfolk Neptunes brand. At the very least, bring back Neptunes regardless of the place-name.

Can't get myself to vote Destroyers. No team name should ever have the initials VD.

That's a good rule. In fact, the Saint-Tropez Dragons and Buffalo Jackals both failed because of a similar rule.*

*=This statement may not be true at all.

I know Commander is a naval rank, but to me it doesn't have a distinctly naval ring to me. I'd rather go with Commodores or Admirals, which are ranks I more associate with the Navy.

Already spoken for:

epfnnmm873w25lr7ih8yj5igb.gif

Personally, I'd go with Tritons since that was the name I always used when I moved a team to Virginia Beach on Madden... one of the few teams whose identity stayed consistent from year-to-year. The colors I gave them were navy/lime/blue-gray.

• 1 month later...

Archived