MLB Postseason and World Series thread

infrared41

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dear Mr. Votto,

How's this for being at home during the World Series? Ya :censored:ing douchebag.

Signed,

Cubs Fans

Jesus Christ dude, you've been holding this retarded grudge since the All Star game. You know he was joking about that right? Read an interview, watch a story about the guy. You are misinformed and misguided. 1908.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Dear Mr. Votto,

How's this for being at home during the World Series? Ya :censored:ing douchebag.

Signed,

Cubs Fans

Jesus Christ dude, you've been holding this retarded grudge since the All Star game. You know he was joking about that right? Read an interview, watch a story about the guy. You are misinformed and misguided. 1908.

Pulling out "1908" ... Really?

As for Votto. No grudge. Plain and simple, dude acted like a dick during the ASG. And if he was kidding, well it was a boring, unfunny joke to begin with.

I know you're just venting right now -- Kinda sucks to see your team flame out of the playoffs, doesn't it?

6uXNWAo.png

With all their injuries the Braves may be one of the worst teams ever to play in the postseason. The fact they made it this far is a great credit to their Hall of Fame Manager.

The 1988 Los Angeles Dodgers called to say you're wrong about that.

The 88 Dodgers had Orel Hershiser who was going through a incredible streak.

No kidding. Really? That doesn't change the fact that they were easily the worst team to win a World Series in my lifetime. The Braves, injuries and all, have a much better lineup than the Dodgers did.

But they did WIN. They beat a team that won 100+ games that season. If the '88 Dodgers are the worst team to win a WS, are the '88 A's the worst to make it a WS?

cv2TCLZ.png

"I secretly hope people like that hydroplane into a wall." - Dennis "Big Sexy" Ittner

POTD - 7/3/14

Dear Mr. Votto,

Signed,

Cubs Fans

As for Votto. No grudge. Plain and simple, dude acted like a dick during the ASG. And if he was kidding, well it was a boring, unfunny joke to begin with.

I know you're just venting right now -- Kinda sucks to see your team flame out of the playoffs, doesn't it?

.. I guess it beats flaming out before the playoffs...and, gee... It's the playoffs and another Eric Hinske sighting? :blink:

I saw, I came, I left.

Dear Mr. Votto,

Signed,

Cubs Fans

Why are you upset that Votto made those comments anyway? You don't play for the Cubs; you're just a customer. Get some perspective, dog.

Minor nitpick: It was the Reds' first postseason home game since Game 2 of the NLCS. The 1999 one-game playoff counts as part of the regular season.

Side note: It's the first time the Reds lost a home playoff game in nine innings since Game 1 of the 1990 NLCS.

Which should be celebrated as a massive upset since they were supposed to do this:

If the Reds could sweep the Phils in 2, they would. The Phillies just don't have the pitching to match up with the Reds - chalk it up to an easy Reds sweep in 3.

ALCS, I'm taking the Rangers in 6 and the Reds in 4.

Reds in 4 over the Rangers to win the World Series and become the first team since the '76 Reds to have a perfect postseason.

While he may have been a bit premature, I'm willing to bet that the Reds don't lose another post-season game for the rest of this year.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Minor nitpick: It was the Reds' first postseason home game since Game 2 of the NLCS. The 1999 one-game playoff counts as part of the regular season.

Side note: It's the first time the Reds lost a home playoff game in nine innings since Game 1 of the 1990 NLCS.

Which should be celebrated as a massive upset since they were supposed to do this:

If the Reds could sweep the Phils in 2, they would. The Phillies just don't have the pitching to match up with the Reds - chalk it up to an easy Reds sweep in 3.

ALCS, I'm taking the Rangers in 6 and the Reds in 4.

Reds in 4 over the Rangers to win the World Series and become the first team since the '76 Reds to have a perfect postseason.

While he may have been a bit premature, I'm willing to bet that the Reds don't lose another post-season game for the rest of this year.

Anyone who doesn't agree with that is a moron.

I really should not get this much enjoyment out of another idiotic willmorristrollbot prediction going up in flames.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Dear Mr. Votto,

Signed,

Cubs Fans

Why are you upset that Votto made those comments anyway? You don't play for the Cubs you're just a customer. Get some perspective, dog.

Dog... Since when was it wrong to support your favorite team around here? Must've missed the memo.

6uXNWAo.png

With all their injuries the Braves may be one of the worst teams ever to play in the postseason. The fact they made it this far is a great credit to their Hall of Fame Manager.

No kidding. Really? That doesn't change the fact that they were easily the worst team to win a World Series in my lifetime. The Braves, injuries and all, have a much better lineup than the Dodgers did.

But they did WIN. They beat a team that won 100+ games that season. If the '88 Dodgers are the worst team to win a WS, are the '88 A's the worst to make it a WS?

Yes James, that's exactly what I'm saying. :rolleyes: You both know what I meant. Stop acting like you don't.

BB52Big.jpg

I really should not get this much enjoyment out of another idiotic willmorristrollbot prediction going up in flames.

It's not like we didn't know that's exactly what would happen but I still have to agree. Nothing beats seeing willmorris out idiot himself.

BB52Big.jpg

Yes James, that's exactly what I'm saying. :rolleyes: You both know what I meant. Stop acting like you don't.

I was only 14 then, so I only remember the fireworks and not LA's season. But I'd honestly have a hard time getting offended if someone suggested that the 1987 Twins were the worst WS Champ ever. They'd have finished 4th in the AL East that year.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

It's not like we didn't know that's exactly what would happen but I still have to agree. Nothing beats seeing willmorris out idiot himself.

That's sigworthyingly awesome.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

I was only 14 then, so I only remember the fireworks and not LA's season. But I'd honestly have a hard time getting offended if someone suggested that the 1987 Twins were the worst WS Champ ever. They'd have finished 4th in the AL East that year.

You know that they call the worst teams to win a World Series? World Champions. In the end, all that matters is that your team is the one jumping around on the field after the final out is made in the World Series. The '88 Dodgers weren't a talent loaded team but they're still the 1988 World Series Champions.

My only point in all of this was that the Braves current postseason roster probably isn't as lacking in talent as the '88 Dodgers postseason roster was. For what it's worth, that '87 Twins team had some really good players.

BB52Big.jpg

Dear Mr. Votto,

Signed,

Cubs Fans

Umm, yeah. Don't like being reminded of it? Don't talk trash about other teams not winning the world Series. You have no room. If you're going to be an ass then you should expect it.

Yeah, except that he wasn't a dick. He actually did congratulate Marlon Byrd in the dugout for god sakes. He was joking to the reporter who was talking to him because he knew the reporter was from Chicago, but by all means continue to believe the story that was printed out of context and blown out of proportion. I'd hate to let the facts get in the way of your irrational dislike for the guy. What do you want him to do? Strike out on purpose whenever he faces the Cubs, confess his undying love for the greatness that is Chicago Cubs baseball? He plays for a division rival. From what I've heard a lot of players around the majors don't like going to Chicago to play the Cubs or their boorish fans. I can't imagine why :rolleyes:

I'm 0 for the last 14 playoff games, I know better than anyone what it's like to see my team flame out in the playoffs.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Yes James, that's exactly what I'm saying. rolleyes.gif You both know what I meant. Stop acting like you don't.

I read your previous post and looked through all of the WS winners in my lifetime thinking, "Surely 'Red is wrong. There has to be a team WORSE than the '88 Dodgers."

I retract my previous disagreement (unless you want to give a nod to the '81 Dodgers). rolleyes.gif

cv2TCLZ.png

"I secretly hope people like that hydroplane into a wall." - Dennis "Big Sexy" Ittner

POTD - 7/3/14

Yes James, that's exactly what I'm saying. rolleyes.gif You both know what I meant. Stop acting like you don't.

I read your previous post and looked through all of the WS winners in my lifetime thinking, "Surely 'Red is wrong. There has to be a team WORSE than the '88 Dodgers."

I retract my previous disagreement (unless you want to give a nod to the '81 Dodgers). rolleyes.gif

The 1988 Dodgers did have a pitiful lineup without Kirk Gibson. I believe Bob Costas even said that it was the worst lineup in World Series history. The team apprantly heard this and responded.

The team's success really came from pitching. They had their own big 3 in Orel Hershiser, Tim Leary, and Tim Belcher. 1988 was of course, Hershiser's unhittable year. Leary happened to have his best season as well. Belcher was also an outstanding rookie. All 3 had sub 3.00 ERAs. So the team got pretty lucky in that respect. I know I'd call it them the worst lineup to win a World Series, but the pitching was certainly championship quality.

Archived