MLB Postseason and World Series thread

infrared41

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's impossible. It would need to be a minimum of 27 because the Giants are away

Sorry if this is some inside joke that I'm on the outside of, but the fact that the Giants are away means that Lincecum can pitch a CG with less than 27 batters faced.

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

That's impossible. It would need to be a minimum of 27 because the Giants are away

You are wrong.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

As I'm sure everyone here knows, if the Rangers win tonight, it will mean that the road team won every game of this series. Does anyone know the last time this has happened? I can't recall it ever happening, but my baseball history knowledge is surely inferior to many posters here.

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

Fredi Gonzalez will be named manager of the Braves on Thursday. Bobby Cox's final press conference will be tomorrow.

Saw Fredi Gonzalez coming a mile away. As soon as he got fired in Florida, I was going to be shocked if he landed anywhere other than Atlanta. I'm totally cool with this, he's a pretty good manager.

Sounds good to me.

Not exactly.

I assume will means that the one hit would be a home run, Halladay would pitch the full 9 innings with a shutout and Lincecum would pitch the full 8 innings a losing road pitcher would pitch. The Phillies would win 1-0, and Lincecum wouldn't have to pitch the 9th.

Like I remember two years ago, Jered Weaver pitched an 8-inning no-hitter against the Dodgers at Dodger Stadium, but the Angels lost 1-0. A Dodger got on for a walk and advanced around the bases via pop-outs, steal, maybe an error and produced one run. But Weaver didn't get to pitch the 9th because the Dodgers already had the lead.

On the surface and with the source, will's comment looks to be completely full of it, but this one actually could happen and makes some sense.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

As I'm sure everyone here knows, if the Rangers win tonight, it will mean that the road team won every game of this series. Does anyone know the last time this has happened? I can't recall it ever happening, but my baseball history knowledge is surely inferior to many posters here.

I remember reading today that it has never happened before.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Not exactly.

I assume will means that the one hit would be a home run, Halladay would pitch the full 9 innings with a shutout and Lincecum would pitch the full 8 innings a losing road pitcher would pitch. The Phillies would win 1-0, and Lincecum wouldn't have to pitch the 9th.

Like I remember two years ago, Jered Weaver pitched an 8-inning no-hitter against the Dodgers at Dodger Stadium, but the Angels lost 1-0. A Dodger got on for a walk and advanced around the bases via pop-outs, steal, maybe an error and produced one run. But Weaver didn't get to pitch the 9th because the Dodgers already had the lead.

On the surface and with the source, will's comment looks to be completely full of it, but this one actually could happen and makes some sense.

Yeah I just realized that the minimum of 27 would be for the home team, not the away team. Note to self: Don't go against willmorris, considering I'm batting 0 for 1 now :P

ffMc5dZ.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29

I have a feeling that lights out and raysox are having suicide thoughts

Real fans don't think like that. I can't speak for all Rays fans on here, but I've been thru 13 seasons with this franchise, whether we finish dead last in the league or win it all, I will always back my team thru thick and thin.

Tampa can't win. The fans show up, and the team begins to lose. Obviously if you are a true Rays fan you will stay away from the stadium.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Archived