MLB Postseason and World Series thread

infrared41

Sweet, I didn't get the games played right, but I at least got each series winner right. C'mon Rangers and Phillies, get me two more picks right! :D

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Rays lack of hitting really cost them

You're right on top of this stuff aren't you. Who would have ever guessed that the inability to score runs would effect the outcome of a baseball game?

You did not read what I wrote as you mentally placed "scoring runs" into where I wrote "hitting".

Call me crazy but wasn't the Rays "lack of hitting" a big reason why they didn't score any runs?

BB52Big.jpg

The Rays lack of hitting really cost them

You're right on top of this stuff aren't you. Who would have ever guessed that the inability to score runs would effect the outcome of a baseball game?

Do it Red. I really want to see that Rangers "T" in your sig.

Done. No "T", the logo is all I could find. Save us Texas Rangers. You're our last hope.

BB52Big.jpg

I may be projecting this, but from watching cliff lee in interviews last night to watching his body language during and after the game it seems to me that he is not at all into being on this rangers team. I know that he didn't want to leave Philly and he probably wants to go back but usually guys will feign interest until they're no longer on their current team. Is anyone else getting the same vibe?

PvO6ZWJ.png

I may be projecting this, but from watching cliff lee in interviews last night to watching his body language during and after the game it seems to me that he is not st all into being on this rangers team. I know that he didn't want to leave and he probably wants to go back but usually guys will feign interest until they're no longeron tjeir current team. Is anyone else getting the same vibe?

I have not noticed that and given the way he's hurling, tend to doubt it. Would he pitch this well if he was not into it?

I hope he is. I'd hope anyone would be able to be "into it" during the postseason, no matter how much they hope to be relocated for next year.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Anybody who says that he doesn't enjoy being in Texas hasn't seen many games. As someone who watches the team a lot, every time there's a Rally Cap situation, he's there, he's definitely made some friends very fast in the locker room (primarily is probably CJ, but I know that he's never sitting alone).

I've heard, and I truly believe, that Lee will go wherever the money is. And with the Rangers planning to agressively raise payroll and coming off a fat new TV contract, it might very well be them.

Scratch that, they decided to do it TODAY in a "Passing the Torch" press conference in which they officially say goodbye to Bobby while formally introducing Fredi as the new manager.

5cc2sl.jpg

I still remember seeing Fredi as the manager of the Class A Brevard County Manatees in Florida back when I lived near Melbourne, FL around 1995-1996.

Anybody who says that he doesn't enjoy being in Texas hasn't seen many games. As someone who watches the team a lot, every time there's a Rally Cap situation, he's there, he's definitely made some friends very fast in the locker room (primarily is probably CJ, but I know that he's never sitting alone).

I've heard, and I truly believe, that Lee will go wherever the money is. And with the Rangers planning to agressively raise payroll and coming off a fat new TV contract, it might very well be them.

The Rangers new TV contract does not start until 2015. That still is important as that is when Andrus will be able to file for free agency.

The Rangers new TV contract does not start until 2015. That still is important as that is when Andrus will be able to file for free agency.

However, several writers have reported that the contract has a nice signing bonus the team is getting now, and it's been speculated that it will go directly into the payroll and operations cost.

I'm hoping like hell that the Braves make a big offer for Crawford....

Me too. He would do real well in left field opposite Heyward and whoever they put in center. He could make a good tandem with Diaz. We'll see what moves are made with Fredi taking over.

If Crawford does become a Brave, he sure as hell better not be a platoon player.

A couple of things that always irked me with Cox was that he'd always insist (at least, before the rules changed) on carrying 3 catchers in the postseason (one of which was a minor-league catcher all year)...and having a platoon in one of the outfield spots every season.

I'm hoping like hell that the Braves make a big offer for Crawford....

I would love that. If he doesn't come back here (which is looking more and more likely every day), I would love to see him go to a respectable, competitive and classy team like Atlanta. It would absolutely kill me to see him in pinstripes or in front of the Green Monster, and not just because he would be in our division.

3834694136_f375c335e2_o.jpg3833900697_df7864756a_o.jpg

You very well may be right about him following the money - that's essentially why the Phillies dumped him. They got Halladay locked up for four more years for less than Lee was asking in negotiations. However, according to Phillies players that he still chats with and texts with, he really doesn't like it in Texas - he keeps comparing it to is experience in Phila and (according to Jayson Werth) complains how the atmosphere "just isn't the same". He's a pro, so he's not going to complain publicly and he's obviously doing what he can to fit in and make the best of it, but he just seems to like the atmosphere of east coast baseball. Despite his desire to come back to Philadelphia, there's no chance of that happening, so it'll probably be New York. Some guys (Scott Rolen comes to mind) hate the east coast and prefer playing in cities like St. Louis and probably Arlington/Dallas, while others need the extra media and fan pressure that comes along with the big east coast cities.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

St. Louis is an odd case in that they give baseball all the attention it gets on the east coast, but their fanbase and media is content just to tousle everyone's hair and tell them they're doing a super job. And if you should happen to die whilst playing there, your manager will threaten journalists with assault if they ask about the circumstances of your demise. Best of all worlds.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Even though the Rangers have homefield it's almost like they'll have to steal a game at home, If they can get to Carbs & Calories on Friday me thinks this series will look a lot more brighter for the Rangers by the time Cliff gets the ball in Game 3.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Archived