NY Jets Logo + Uniform Concept

Phitin

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ahh! I did not even realize until now that the facemask was red. I never changed it from the default template color because I'm colorblind and I've been seeing it as green this whole time. Upon closer look I can see the red now. Fix coming up shortly.

EDIT: Fixed the facemask issue..check the first post.

haha that's a first. now it looks pretty darn good. I'd have to see the uniform in action in real life. Could look pretty decent...just kind of has a Bengals feel to it.

The Jet logo is pretty cool, but it looks kind of awkward just "hanging out" over the JETS wordmark. Either make the jet design itself (alone) the logo, or think of a more creative way to have the jet logo and the JETS wordmark interact.

Overall great job though, and creative too.

Oh it's not actually hanging over the wordmark...they're supposed to be separate. Sorry for the confusion. The jet alone is the logo.

And yes, that 9/11 comment was the one I was waiting for. I honestly don't see the problem here, but I knew someone would eventually...

Typical classy Phillies fan...just kidding.

I'm not a PC-policeman...hate it actually, but that is a terrible combination. My wife's family is in NY, knew someone who died in the towers...it's just somewhere that we shouldn't go. It's about as inconsiderate as the mosque being proposed there. Sure it CAN be done, but it SHOULDN'T.

87Redskins.png

BEAUTIFUL logo, I am not over how simple, yet iconic it is.

Here's my quick take on a helmet.

JetsHelmet.png

I really love this helmet concept.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

JetsHelmet.png

While it's a novel idea, I think the NFL will leave the crazy helmet designs to the Arena League, and those sorts.

6uXNWAo.png

JetsHelmet.png

While it's a novel idea, I think the NFL will leave the crazy helmet designs to the Arena League, and those sorts.

I missed the part where he said he was submitting it to the league ^_^

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

JetsHelmet.png

I missed the part where he said he was submitting it to the league ^_^

This is only a concept?? My bad. :P

6uXNWAo.png

that is one of the best and most iconic logo concepts i've seen here. i've seen better or more dynamic illustrations, but very little as simple and iconic and perfect as i think this logo is.

the only thing i'd change would be the perspective of it. having the jet on it's side just doesn't work for me. if you made that logo more shaped like an A, upright, it would be the perfect primary logo for the team. it may not look as good on a helmet that way, but i think the logo itself would be absolutely flawless.

that is one of the best and most iconic logo concepts i've seen here. i've seen better or more dynamic illustrations, but very little as simple and iconic and perfect as i think this logo is.

the only thing i'd change would be the perspective of it. having the jet on it's side just doesn't work for me. if you made that logo more shaped like an A, upright, it would be the perfect primary logo for the team. it may not look as good on a helmet that way, but i think the logo itself would be absolutely flawless.

Yeah I know what you mean here. The whole time I worked on this, I had the thing upright. But I applied it to the helmet and something just wasn't working, so I flipped it on its side. Maybe I can tweak a few things in the next couple of days and hopefully post an update to this.

phitinsig.png

The 9/11 connection is silly IMO. They've been the Jets for so long and the Empire State building is so iconic... to twist it into something so awful is ridiculous. He didn't combine a 747 with the Twin Towers in the logo, calm down.

As for comparing it to the Mosque, it's apples and oranges. Not to mention there is absolutely nothing wrong with building a Muslim Community Center near Ground Zero (there was one INSIDE the WTC) since terrorists attacked us, not Islam. This of course, is neither here nor there, hence me not drawing the connection in the first place.

And I really think an upright version of the logo would be perfect for the NFL and slapping that on a helmet would fit nicely as well. Maybe a white logo on a green helmet if you want to jazz it up a bit but I think this is great on its own.

Would any team in New York seriously combine a Jet and a building in a logo???

I thought the same thing in the back of my mind, but it's not like semantically each of those things HAS to, when you think of their meanings separately, end up as "Oh, 9/11. Wow, that's in bad taste." I certainly don't get that idea at the start. The logo is GORGEOUS. I just think the back wings look a little bit too much like a maple leaf. Maybe flattening them out and taking out some of the curves will give it a more geometric jet feel? Absolutely great work!

OhioBobcatsSquareSig.pngPittSquareSig2.pngOregonStateVintageSquareSig.pngve26tk.png

Images thanks to TornadoGTS

Archived