The 2010-2011 MLB Offseason Thread

AnythingChicago

• Replies 835
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Apparently Cliff Lee's wife told a bunch of people that she didn't like the way she was treated by the New York fans. How much of an impact that will have on his decision is unclear. It may not even have been true, but it was written by two real writers.

He also has apparently told members of the Phillies (since the Rangers made the ALCS, but I don't know if it was since they actually made the WS) that he'll take a short-term below market "Halladay deal" (something like 3 years 60 million) to come back to the Phillies. Unfortunately, I do not think for a second that the Phillies will even entertain this.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

You're buying season tickets to see a bad baseball team because of the bench coach? What is this I don't even

Well, says your......a Cubs fan, yes a Cubs fan, and one of your favorite Cubs of the past like...say...Ryne Sandberg becomes the Orioles bench coach and you live near Baltimore.

Waaaiit! :P

25yzwqg.png

Apparently Cliff Lee's wife told a bunch of people that she didn't like the way she was treated by the New York fans. How much of an impact that will have on his decision is unclear. It may not even have been true, but it was written by two real writers.

He also has apparently told members of the Phillies (since the Rangers made the ALCS, but I don't know if it was since they actually made the WS) that he'll take a short-term below market "Halladay deal" (something like 3 years 60 million) to come back to the Phillies. Unfortunately, I do not think for a second that the Phillies will even entertain this.

Yeah, there is no way he goes back to Philly. As you saw in my predictions, I think he's staying in Texas, especially considering he's going to the WS with them. But if Philly somehow got Lee back, I don't see how any one could beat this rotation:

1. Roy Halladay

2. Cliff Lee

3. Roy Oswalt (if they re-sign him)

4. Cole Hamels

5. Joe Blanton

To be able to have Hamels as the 4 man...wow. Good thing for the rest of the NL it'll never happen.

25yzwqg.png

Yeah, there is no way he goes back to Philly. As you saw in my predictions, I think he's staying in Texas, especially considering he's going to the WS with them. But if Philly somehow got Lee back, I don't see how any one could beat this rotation:

1. Roy Halladay

2. Cliff Lee

4. Cole Hamels

5. Joe Blanton

To be able to have Hamels as the 4 man...wow. Good thing for the rest of the NL it'll never happen.

Oswalt is signed for next season with a club option for 2012.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

1. Roy Halladay

2. Cliff Lee

4. Cole Hamels

5. Joe Blanton

Oswalt is signed for next season with a club option for 2012.

Oh. For some reason I thought he was a free agent.

25yzwqg.png

Well while he was rooting for the Phillies players and telling them that he wants to come back, he kind of enjoyed seeing the team lose out of spite. Can't really blame him.

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/Lee_on_Phillies.html

You're buying season tickets to see a bad baseball team because of the bench coach?

You didn't know? Coach Trammell trumps winning.

In the world of Williams, this is a true statement. I am a Diamondbacks fan as well. Trammell is a part for me to buy season tickets, but I do feel that the team will be a bit better next year as well.

He doesn't even come out of the dugout! You can't see him! You're buying season tickets to not see Alan Trammell! You could do that in Boston if you wanted!

โ™ซ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is goneย โ™ซ

Any reason to get season tickets to Chase Field is a legitimate one :P

Awww :censored: are we going to have to move that team to Winnipeg too?

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Without that 500k incentive to win the WS, Girardi might be tempted to just pull Sabathia after 2 innings in a game 7 and put in some rookie, just to get him the experience. Nice to know he'll have something to manage for.

Yeah, there is no way he goes back to Philly. As you saw in my predictions, I think he's staying in Texas, especially considering he's going to the WS with them.

I could be wrong, but wasn't it reported earlier in the postseason that Cliff Lee sent some texts saying he wasn't thrilled with the atmosphere in Texas. Apparently he didn't think there was as much fan excitement as there was in Philadelphia. I don't think Lee is going to stay in Texas, I just have a feeling he is going to want to play in a big market. I wouldn't count out the Yankees, despite the way the fans treated his wife. The Yankees can always offer a couple extra million to make them forget all about that. At the end of the day I think the Yankees offer Cliff Lee the most money and he ends up in New York.

You're buying season tickets to see a bad baseball team because of the bench coach?

You didn't know? Coach Trammell trumps winning.

In the world of Williams, this is a true statement. I am a Diamondbacks fan as well. Trammell is a part for me to buy season tickets, but I do feel that the team will be a bit better next year as well.

There is also that whole "first crack at purchasing All Star Game tickets" thing too, I take it ;)

Archived