The 2010-2011 MLB Offseason Thread

AnythingChicago

Today we are all Sparky's... Truly a sad day in baseball.

Also, We are all Sparky's...? Sparky's what?

Your a funny guy. You really got me their.

DAMN! I should of thought that you would of done that.

You should have though that he would have done that.

I know that. Reread all the quoted material. Purposeful grammar mistakes. Sparkys to Sparky's, Your to You're, Their to They're, Should/Would Of to Should've/Would've.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

• Replies 835
  • Created
  • Last Reply

According to the Toronto Sun, the Jays have inquired about trading for Zack Grienke.

Holy :censored: . Make this happen Anthopolous! What a statement that would be.

Woah. There's a new AL East contender.

Oooh... Watch out for Grienke's dangerous 4.17 ERA!

If he had an offense, his ERA would have been lower. He got extremely discouraged, you could tell. He started off strong; very low ERA but he was like 0-4. In his starts, the Royals scored like 0, 1, 2, and 0 runs or some ridiculously low number.

25yzwqg.png

According to the Toronto Sun, the Jays have inquired about trading for Zack Grienke.

Oh please. You can't tell me you wouldn't be jumping for joy if your precious Cubs landed a pitcher in the prime of his career 2 years removed from a Cy Young season.

Oh please. You can't tell me you wouldn't be jumping for joy if your precious Cubs landed a pitcher in the prime of his career 2 years removed from a Cy Young season.

Damn right. I want him on my team and we are pretty set at pitching in Atlanta.

I've made this argument in these threads before, but ERA is such a :censored:ing awful stat.

Grienke's "poor season" was largely a byproduct of a fluky strand rate of 65%, when he's usually 75-80%, and the league average is 72.

By the same token, his 2009 was one of the most dominant years... :censored:, maybe since Pedro's runs in the 90s, so there was expected to be some come down. Maintaining a 4.25:1 K:BB ratio wasn't a reasonable expectation for him to retain, nor was his 4.5% HR/FB. His 2008 season, if he remains on the Royals, is probably more what I'd see going forward...

I'm sure only Angels fans'll care, but Gary DiSarcina's back! (as a GM Assistant)

That's awesome. He was one of my favorites when I was a young kid.

He owns a couple successful BBQ places in OC, one is in the Big A too, but it's nice to see DiSarcina back with the Halos in a baseball capacity.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

How great is Derek Jeter?... Who else can be at his absolute worst and still con the writers into giving him the Gold Glove?

Writers don't vote on the Gold Gloves. It's the managers and coaches.

Clint Hurdle to manage Pirates...

What? I thought Hurdle was the frontrunner for the Mets' gig....

So what does that say about working for the Mets when you choose the Pirates over them? :lol:

Yep, it's for realz. Here are my sourcez.

I believed you without the source. I just wanted to take that opportunity to rip into the Mets. :P

6uXNWAo.png

So what does that say about working for the Mets when you choose the Pirates over them? :lol:

For Tank, it probably says "FIRE SANDY!"

Damn right he has failed already we are gonna get stuck with a terrible manager now in Terry (play with spirit and be happy for the other team when you lose) Collins.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

For Tank, it probably says "FIRE SANDY!"

Damn right he has failed already we are gonna get stuck with a terrible manager now in Terry (play with spirit and be happy for the other team when you lose) Collins.

I can't tell whether or not you're just playfully rolling with the punches or if you're actually serious.

Archived