NFL Weekly Uniform Notes

Bmac

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Eagles are going yet another week without having worn their midnight green jersey.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Cardinals wearing Black for the first time in a regular-season game this Sunday vs. Tampa Bay.

I know they've been sports a nu skewl uniform with panels and piping and what not for years now, but it still seems wrong for the oldest team in the NFL to wear a black alternate.

not sure what he was referring to, but Jerraud Powers (Colts CB) just tweeted: "classics this weekedn . . . gon be crazy". as far as i know the Colts havnt practiced in the blue helmets this week (they did so whenn they wore the throwbacks in pre-season) but maybe something to look for on MNF

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

Interesting article from the New Orleans paper:

===

The New Orleans Saints will wear black jerseys for the first time in the Superdome this season - fitting for Halloween night. Some players are expecting the black pants, as well, though Payton didn't confirm the choice of pants, which he said can be changed up until game day.

The Saints' choice of uniform is often one of the most discussed topics among fans, who believe some uniform combinations lead to better outcomes on the field. Payton, however, said there isn't much strategy or superstition when it comes to choosing the colors.

The Saints need to turn in their jersey-color choices to the league at the start of the year. And typically since Payton has been in New Orleans, the Saints have worn white at home during the first half of the season, then black in the second half.

"It's just kind of what we've done over the last four years. Other than that, there's nothing special about it," said Payton, who said he has never bothered to research the Saints' success or failure in certain color combinations.

When asked if he gets that kind of information sent to him from fans, Payton said, "I may. I probably don't read it, though."

A handful of players polled in the locker room said they also don't think uniform choice has any effect on the field. But many of them said they do like to mix things up, and they like the all-blacks, in particular.

"I think everybody likes the all-blacks. I just wish we didn't have to wear white socks," receiver Marques Colston said.

Defensive end Will Smith said he likes the black uniforms, too, but he also wouldn't mind seeing them throw a third jersey choice into the mix to keep things fresh.

"It's good to change it up," Smith said. "When you look around the league, everybody likes to have nice uniforms. And I think we've got nice uniforms too."

Offensive tackle Jon Stinchcomb, however, is among the players who couldn't care less. He said he never pays attention to jersey colors - and he doesn't remember them, either. He said he thought one of the new super-sized portraits hanging inside the practice facility was from the Super Bowl until someone pointed out to him that they were wearing black uniforms in the picture.

===

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Only 10 more weeks to go, kiddies.

The Cowboys will be going with their classicly out-of-date white jersey's and silver green-pants this week against Jacksonville.

Their white "jerseys is"? Their white jersey is what? I don't get it.

I don't get what green-pants are.

I think it should be silver-green getting the dash.

sig-1.png

Jets twitter: Green jerseys. White pants.

Has Rex done away with the green pants? 7 games in and they're still MIA.

IIRC the Jets usually don't go monochrome until November/December. It's more of a cold weather look when it's at home. As for away, I'm not sure why they haven't been broken out yet.

ffMc5dZ.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29

Jets twitter: Green jerseys. White pants.

Has Rex done away with the green pants? 7 games in and they're still MIA.

IIRC the Jets usually don't go monochrome until November/December. It's more of a cold weather look when it's at home. As for away, I'm not sure why they haven't been broken out yet.

I suppose. But at least they're keeping those god-awful New York Titans throwbacks locked away this year -- hopefully for good!

6uXNWAo.png

Archived