Cowboys coaching vacancy!

vicfurth

Now that I've got your attention, who do you guys think will coach the Cowboys next year in the inevitable event that the idiot Wade Phillips gets fired?

My Top 3 I'd Like to See:

1) John Gruden

2) Bill Cowher

3) Tom Landry...

Just kidding :P

3) Brian Billick

Discuss!

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For Head Coach, either Cowher or Gruden will do. Both won't put up with this nonsense that Cowboys keep doing.

For Offensive Co. I'd like to see Gruden or Norv Turner (He's a great OC, but awful Head Coach.)

And lastly, for DC, we'll need someone with a good know-how of the 3-4 defense and someone who's good at coaching the 3-4. (Actually Phillips could retain the DC position he's quite good at it, he's just an awful Head Coach.)

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

Jerry Jones wants a guy who's willing to let him meddle in team affairs. That ain't Cowher.

It'll be another guy from Oklahoma or one of Jerry's huntin' buddies, someone who can take orders and not get rankled when Jerry gets in there and starts to fussin' and a feudin' and gets final say on ALL decisions.

It won't be a big name coach.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

For all the big names out there, why would any of them want to give up a big paycheck and an easy life from whichever media outlet?

That being said, there is a heck of team to be made in Dallas. They could have there choice of any coordinator they want.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Jerry Jones wants a guy who's willing to let him meddle in team affairs. That ain't Cowher.

It'll be another guy from Oklahoma or one of Jerry's huntin' buddies, someone who can take orders and not get rankled when Jerry gets in there and starts to fussin' and a feudin' and gets final say on ALL decisions.

It won't be a big name coach.

Agreed, and it wont be Gruden for the same reasons as above...unless Jerry gives up all football control and gets a GM too.

Jason Garrett, Billick...I think Gruden and Cowher are both a stretch, but you never know since the position w/ Dallas is attractive.

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

Next year's Cowboys coach... wait for it... wait for it... wait for it. Wade Phillips. If Jerry Jones hasn't fired him by now, he ain't firing him. Throw on top of that, the idea of no football, and Wade Phillips is assured of a job for next year. Oh, and by the way, the Cowboys job is not attractive at all. Jerry Jones is just one step above Al Davis and so all he's going to get are crappy football coaches with the occasional gem who he'll eventually fire for getting too much pub. It's like the Raiders when a coach has backbone, he's gone.

This really isn't surprising, Wade has failed everywhere he has head coached. The only reason he has had any amount of success here is because the team is better than the record shows.

They have the players, they just need a coach to put a boot in their behinds and a owner that needs to be kidnapped, tied up and locked in the basement until the season is over.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

I would imagine Garrett would get first crack at it. If Jones doesn't want to promote him, I don't know why Gruden would want that job. He seems reasonably content in being a broadcaster these days. Cowher I could very realistically see coming to the Cowboys, mostly because it would be Cowher's best opportunity to win, and win soon. I'm not sure if he'd want to have such a brief timetable on his shoulders in harnessing the talent on the team, however.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Archived