Lake County Captains New Logo

KCScout76

I had a soft spot for the old cartoony captain, but the new logo is a massive upgrade. The set as a whole is executed wonderfully, with the exception of the yellow in the second and third logos not matching the tan used in the primary. That issue aside, well done for them.

sticksstones4.png

The world's foremost practitioners of professional tag-team wrestling.

I really like the new wordmark logo, but it looks just like every other Minor League logo... which isn't necessarily a bad thing.

Tan and light blue seem to be taking over baseball with force. I hope they continue to use the red and darker shade of navy that they had with their previous set.

EDIT: The ship logo they have is really sharp too, the "Lake County Captains Professional Baseball" seal.

Both hats look nice, the C with the light house is really sharp. I don't like the yellow bill on the Captain hat. Also, I would have liked to see them incorporate the C with Captain stripes better. I think it is one of those logos that is so simple but so creative.

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

Honestly, how many times have we had a minor league team reinvent themselves and come up with a design that's so universally liked? I agree with the above posters; the whole set is really sharp.

teamlogossig.png

There comes a point when you don't stand for the constant heartbreak anymore, and walk away.

That looks really good! Massive upgrade. I can't really find anything terrible or objectionable or cheap about this logo. Kudos to it's creator.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Another outstanding job on the part of Dan Simon and the team at Studio Simon. The entire package marks a vast improvement over what the Lake County Captains were previously using.

The new "Captain's face" and "Rank Insignia-C" logos are particularly well done! It's funny; I'd always daydreamed of someday purchasing the New England Collegiate Baseball League franchise in Newport, Rhode Island and possibly renaming the squad the Newport Commodores as a nod to Oliver Hazard Perry, Matthew Calbraith Perry, the New York Yacht Club and the city's America's Cup heritage. In my mind's eye, I'd pictured logos very much like these two playing a key role in the team's branding package... and I'd imagined Dan Simon designing them.

The Newport Commodores' loss is the Lake County Captains' gain!

OLD LOGO

lake-county-captains-logo.gif

THE OLD LOGO IS WAAY BETTER

Well, you used caps so it must be true.

Love the new package, huge upgrade as already said. The Captain is maybe a bit too happy for someone playing baseball, but hey, maybe he likes his work.

HornetsTwistSig.gif

New York Jets |3-3| First, AFC East

New York Mets |74-88| Fourth, NL East

New York Islanders|34-37-11| Fifth, Atlantic Division

New Orleans Hornets |21-45| Third, Southwest Division

OLD LOGO

lake-county-captains-logo.gif

THE OLD LOGO IS WAAY BETTER

Well, you used caps so it must be true.

Love the new package, huge upgrade as already said. The Captain is maybe a bit too happy for someone playing baseball, but hey, maybe he likes his work.

Plus the use of Comic Sans automatically makes the argument invalid.

VmWIn6B.png

The whole package is an upgrade, with that said, I do like the old logo which will be used in the throwback unis and such. I am sure the Old Captain won't go away, but the fans want something new all the time. This will definitely bring a great distinction to their organization. Go Captains!!!

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

From my weird-ass and off-kilter perspective, here's one of the reasons why I like this identity so much more than the previous one(s)...let's review the history of the Captains' various color palettes:

From 2003 through 2005, they used this color scheme:

LakeCountyCaptains_FRC_2005_SOL_SRGB.png

From 2006 through 2007:

LakeCountyCaptains_FRC_2007_SOL_SRGB.png

In 2008, they went with this:

LakeCountyCaptains_FRC_2008_SOL_SRGB.png

From 2009 through 2010 they used this color scheme (two identical images here due to the change in leagues between 2009 and 2010):

LakeCountyCaptains_FRC_2009_SOL_SRGB.png

LakeCountyCaptains_FRC_2010_SOL_SRGB.png

And now, finally a concise look:

LakeCountyCaptains_FRC_9999_SOL_SRGB.png

Archived