2010-2011 NCAA Basketball Thread

Billy B

Yeah, I may be in the minority, but I'd definetely watch that. I prefer great underdog stories to the same old, same old.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Arizona assistant coach Archie Miller will be the new head coach at Dayton, apparently. It sucks to see him go.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Arizona assistant coach Archie Miller will be the new head coach at Dayton, apparently. It sucks to see him go.

Serious question. Will it affect the team all that much? I swear I'm not being a smart ass. I'm asking because I've never thought assistant coaches in basketball were seen as being as "important" as their football counterparts. For example, if a football team loses an offensive coordinator it can be a big deal. Do you think Miller's departure might have a similar effect?

BB52Big.jpg

All roads lead to Dollar General.

He's gonna be a big loss for sure, but we'll be able to find someone to replace him.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Btw I don't even care who wins the NC cause Butler is now one of my favorites after I felt their pain of losing to the Dukies my most hated team. It's a win win for me!

UConn wins - One of my favorites win, plus it's always great seeing a Dook rival get glory.

Butler wins - Poetic Justice after Dook beat them, they deserve a title. And they should rub it on Dook's face too.

Btw I don't even care who wins the NC cause Butler is now one of my favorites after I felt their pain of losing to the Dukies my most hated team. It's a win win for me!

UConn wins - One of my favorites win, plus it's always great seeing a Dook rival get glory.

Butler wins - Poetic Justice after Dook beat them, they deserve a title. And they should rub it on Dook's face too.

Butler definitely has a shot if they can out play UConn's acting abilities. If the officials are half as gullible as they've been then you might as well give them the title (and Oscar) right now.

I have to admit, I usually hate to bandwagon, but Butler's run over the past two seasons has really captivated me to the point where I can't help but root for them and, from here on out, start really following them. It's truly historic what they're pulling off. I guess I could say I have some other legitimate reason, as Jazzman Gordon Hayward was, of course, a Butler star. But in all honesty, they're not making the jump to my favorite (I'll always be a Ute and USU Aggie fan in that order, primarily) but they're quickly jumping into the "other team" tier for me.

So, go Bulldogs! Take it home monday!

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

Go Butler, its bad enough UConn women win every year

This. The last thing I want is a repeat of 2004, especially now that I go to one of UConn's rival colleges and I know people at UConn that won't shut the hell up on Facebook (see: Yankee fans for an example of what I mean) if they do pull off a sweep

ffMc5dZ.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29

Then stop watching ESPN. Done and done.

I'm rooting for UConn because I'm a Big East fan, but I actually think it's Butler's game to lose. UConn plays a more athletic style of basketball, but Butler's fundamentals are better. If they play their game -- as they have all tournament long -- I don't see how they'll lose.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

I don't think Duke considers Connecticut to be a rival.

I also don't think Butler can "rub it in Duke's face", since Butler didn't defeat Duke to win the championship.

Unfortunately, I will be rooting for both the rival of my favorite team and the team who beat my favorite team. And just because I HAD to pick them to win it all. B)

EDIT: I'm in 2nd in Tank's pool? WTF?! And if only I would have remembered to change that Princeton pick like I did in my CBS bracket...

25yzwqg.png

Butler definitely has a shot if they can out play UConn's acting abilities. If the officials are half as gullible as they've been then you might as well give them the title (and Oscar) right now.

I understand the numbers don't tell everything... but don't you think it's somewhat silly to suggest UConn has benefited from some obviously lopsided officiating* when they've had more fouls than their opponent in each of the last three games and considering they've had late leads, some of the opponents fouls in each game were intentional to put Connecticut on the line? Like I said, I know the numbers don't tell everything. but it's not like UConn is shooting something like ten more free throws more than their opponents in each game.

If it was Butler against any other team I would be on board. As it is, though... UConn's my team. So go Huskies! I never expected them to make it this far, so the tournament is a huge success regardless of the outcome, but what I did say before this tournament started that against almost any team they play, UConn would have the best player on the court, so they have a chance. And he happens to be playing very well. So I like their chances. But I can see it going either way... Butler just flat out knows how to win games.

*I realize I put some words in your mouth here, but that's how I take what you said. So if I'm wrong... my bad.

IUe6Hvh.png

Archived