NFL Weekly Uniform Notes

Bmac

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Steelers & Bears throwback just can't compare to their regular looks

Also, I have to agree with whoever said the Jets/Browns game was fugly uniform wise. I like traditional looks (I think the Falcons throwbacks were the best uniforms on display this week), but those two are just far too drab and bland. The jets look 100% better with green pants on the road. But then, unlike the list compiler I'm a big fan of dark pants with white jerseys.

As much as I like the Vikings current look, I will concede that it looks a little silly for a 40-year old to be wearing such a design.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

The jets really need to stop wearing the striped socks on the road and go back to wearing the green ones. The striped socks look great with the green pants because they avoid the leotard, but with the white pants and white jersey they throw too much white at the uniform. The green socks also help balance the green sleeves. Hehe, green sleeves.

PvO6ZWJ.png

The jets really need to stop wearing the striped socks on the road and go back to wearing the green ones. The striped socks look great with the green pants because they avoid the leotard, but with the white pants and white jersey they throw too much white at the uniform. The green socks also help balance the green sleeves. Hehe, green sleeves.

+1

Jets/Browns would've been near-perfect if the Jets still wore these:

18n8r05j7vfikcrg39aho703h.gif

The problem I have with those uniforms is that they attempt to play up the nickname over the city name. For most teams that's fine. For a team in New York, however, it comes off as minor league. A major league team in New York shouldn't have to emphasize the nickname portion of their name, just the municipal identity. The only NY team in a major league that plays up the nickname portion of their identity is the New York Islanders, and even then the nickname is interwoven with the municipal identity. That Jets uniform would be perfect for any other Jets football team that does not represent the New York metro area. The New York Jets, however, don't need the futuristic "JETS" wordmark.

That being said I do think the Jets need a logo change. They just need to swap this for this.

I really wish the 49ers had kept the uniforms they had from the late 90's to 2008. The face mask matched their color scheme, the gold was nice and bright instead bland like it is now, and the red and black went together perfectly.

sp49ers4.jpg

Not what they have now, which is too bland for my taste.

As much as I like the Vikings current look, I will concede that it looks a little silly for a 40-year old to be wearing such a design.

I think it looks silly on anyone. This question will probably open a can of worms, but ask yourself this, would you wear a purple shirt with purple shorts and purple socks to the gym? I wouldn't.

PvO6ZWJ.png

I think it looks silly on anyone. This question will probably open a can of worms, but ask yourself this, would you wear a purple shirt with purple shorts and purple socks to the gym? I wouldn't.

They're playing a team sport, not going to the gym. At the gym, you're by yourself, and there's no need to have any sort of sense of camaraderie with anyone else there that wearing the same outfit would bring. Also there is no need to quickly identify anyone as being on "your side".

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I really wish the 49ers had kept the uniforms they had from the late 90's to 2008. The face mask matched their color scheme, the gold was nice and bright instead bland like it is now, and the red and black went together perfectly.

sp49ers4.jpg

The vast majority of their fans disagree with you. And so do I.

BB52Big.jpg

With the exception of forcing the logo into the sleeve stripes, that's the perfect example of how to tastefully update a uniform while blending in elements (well, at least one) from the past.

sp49ers4.jpg

I'd almost forgotten how tired this look was. They were still wearing it just a few years ago, but it already seems like its been gone for decades.

I just looked up "tired", and didn't see the words "tasteful" or "contemporary" or "aesthetically pleasing" in the definition. You may need a new dictionary.

Archived