NFL Weekly Uniform Notes

Bmac

The steelers, redskins, and chiefs all use yellow. If you want to call it gold, go ahead, but let's be real, it's yellow we're talking about.

This is really only an issue in sports, isn't it? Nobody has ever said that the simpsons are gold. They're yellow, a very similar yellow to that of the redskins yellow pants.

Don't forget the Packers.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The steelers, redskins, and chiefs all use yellow. If you want to call it gold, go ahead, but let's be real, it's yellow we're talking about.

This is really only an issue in sports, isn't it? Nobody has ever said that the simpsons are gold. They're yellow, a very similar yellow to that of the redskins yellow pants.

yellow yellow yellow...

I really think it's a mental perception of yellow = chicken = not tough/intimidating but on the other hand athletic gold = bold and tough.

the only other area that I would think where yellow = gold is related to academic institutions referring to their colors but the athletic influence may have spilled over.

the only other area that may do this are corporate logos but I can't think of any off the top of my head.

what color are the nyc taxis? I would think the same color scheme as the steelers

what color are the nyc taxis? I would think the same color scheme as the steelers

You mean like in the Joni Mitchell song, "Big Gold Taxi"?

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

yellow yellow yellow...

I really think it's a mental perception of yellow = chicken = not tough/intimidating but on the other hand athletic gold = bold and tough.

the only other area that I would think where yellow = gold is related to academic institutions referring to their colors but the athletic influence may have spilled over.

the only other area that may do this are corporate logos but I can't think of any off the top of my head.

We're not really going through this AGAIN, are we?

:blink:

I'm too young for joni mitchell to come into my frame of reference...I was thinking more along the lines of yellow cab

I'm too young for joni mitchell to come into my frame of reference...I was thinking more along the lines of yellow cab

*SIGH*

My efforts at sarcasm were obviously wasted on the youngsters around here. I'll offer a more contemporary version of the song to explain myself.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

The Packers, Redskins, Chiefs, and Steelers all use the same shade of yellow/gold, right?

Yes. The Cardinals, Packers, Chiefs, Vikings, Steelers, Chargers and Redskins all use the same shade of Yellow/Gold (spot color on the left, fabric/textile color on the right):

PLS_1235_C_SRGB.pngPTX_14-1064_TCX_SRGB.png

The Cardinals call this color Yellow, the others call it Gold.

I should also mention that this particular color has only been in place for these teams since 1997 (the Cardinals since 2005). It was a lighter/more Yellow shade prior to 1997.

EDIT: I changed '2002' to '1997'.

Fitting that Washington wore deep red last night, 'cause that game was an absolute bloodbath.

...I'm still diggin' the 'Skins yellow pants though. The novelty of them haven't worn off quite yet.

Gold.

These pants are yellow.

donovan-mcnabb-washington-redskins_0.jpg

These are gold.

95010793_display_image.jpg?1283480630

Any questions?

You're wrong, but if it makes you happy...embrace it like Cromartie has embraced the English language and live happily ever after.

87Redskins.png

*SIGH*

My efforts at sarcasm were obviously wasted on the youngsters around here. I'll offer a more contemporary version of the song to explain myself.

I'm willing to forgive him for not knowing such a horrid song, in any and all of its incarnations.

3834694136_f375c335e2_o.jpg3833900697_df7864756a_o.jpg

Fitting that Washington wore deep red last night, 'cause that game was an absolute bloodbath.

...I'm still diggin' the 'Skins yellow pants though. The novelty of them haven't worn off quite yet.

Gold.

These pants are yellow.

donovan-mcnabb-washington-redskins_0.jpg

These are gold.

95010793_display_image.jpg?1283480630

Any questions?

You're wrong, but if it makes you happy...embrace it like Cromartie has embraced the English language and live happily ever after.

How? How is the athletic gold the Redskins (and others) use not simply an orange-y shade of yellow? How is what the Saints wear not gold?

Bit of advice, if I may, Ice_Cap...it's said you shouldn't argue with a fool, because from a distance one can't tell who's who.

Perspective! :P

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

This is the dumbest argument ever (yes dumber even than the Vikings and their pants striping argument from last week). It doesn't matter what you call that color. If you refer to it as "gold", hell if you refer to as "black", it's name in the english language is still going to be "yellow".

But by all means call it gold if that's what you prefer.

More visual aides:

this is gold

SaintsHelmet3.jpg

this is yellow

2141.jpg

PvO6ZWJ.png

The word on the street was that the Dolphins wold be in all-aqua tonight, but in warmups they wore their normal primetime aqua over white...

Not true. They're in their aqua jerseys/white pants combo.

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

Archived