NHL Winter Classic & Heritage Classic Concepts

Bmac

I like the latest one. You actually took my idea for a Bruins post i'll be making soon, but you did a couple minor tweaks that i like. Making the triangle under the collar gold really helps with that design in making it look like the classic jersey with a circular collar. Subtle, but nice.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm gonna go ahead and post my 2013 concept now. I have been working on another Avs jersey, but it doesn't look very good yet.

2013 Bridgestone NHL Winter Classic -January 1, 2013

Yankee Stadium, New York, New York

Logos:

The primary logo is supposed to give the feel of Yankee Stadium in winter. The alternate logo once again features the two logos in circles.

WinterClassic2013Logo.png

WinterClassic2013AltLogo.png

Uniforms:

The Rangers' uniforms are based off of their 1946-1947 uniforms. The Bruins are based off of their 1934-1936 uniforms.

WCRangers.png

WCBruins.png

Yes. Just yes.

sig.png

As much as I hate the Leafs, I think that they must host the heritage somehow someway sometime. I just don't know where they'd play.

Maybe one between the Leafs and Coyotes Sabres in Hamilton Toronto.

Just leave the roof to the Skydome Rogers Centre open. It seems to me that will provide a snowy enough atmosphere. Wasn't the Blue Jays' first ever home opener played in the snow? (Granted, it was at the Ex, but I just explained the snowy atmosphere bit.)

I suppose the Skydome (yes, and I'll always call it that) would suffice. Even with the roof opened, it never gave me the full feeling of an outdoor stadium. But yea it'd work. I was just thinking that in Hamilton it would be on neutral ground. There's pretty much an even number of Leafs and Sabres fans there. But it would work better for the Commercialized NHL in the Skydome.

sig.png

I suppose the Skydome (yes, and I'll always call it that) would suffice. Even with the roof opened, it never gave me the full feeling of an outdoor stadium. But yea it'd work. I was just thinking that in Hamilton it would be on neutral ground. There's pretty much an even number of Leafs and Sabres fans there. But it would work better for the Commercialized NHL in the Skydome.

At Ivor Wynn?

I don't think there is a stadium in Toronto to play this game at, so that might be a good idea. It won't be held at BMO, that's for sure. They are too concerned about the pitch (which I agree with).

EDIT: Just a thought: 2013 is when the new CFL stadium in Ottawa is supposed to be done, why not there? Leafs vs Sens?

St. Pats -vs- Silver 7?

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

Except there is no place to play an outdoor game in Toronto. Playing a game at BMO would hardly be more profitable, and the Rogers Centre roof has to remain closed during the winter. This has come up in Bills discussions, but IIRC there's no drainage system in place at the Rogers Centre.

6fQjS3M.png

To avoid repetition, I would do the Devils on the last set. Both look really good though.

They would most definitely play up the original 6 card. Plus the Devils won't attract an audience. I thought Toronto should come down, but it seems like Bettman wants this in America.

Really digging the logo, but I think the Rangers should wear a more royal blue. The jersey looks too much like the third.

my dream winter classic would be to see the canucks play the sens at BC Place (once the new retractable roof is built obviously) or in the proposed Whitecaps FC waterfront stadium (if it's even going to be built) with both teams wearing replicas of what the original sens and millionaires wore during the 1915 finals.

sport-scarf_celtic-2_zps105bfcbf.png

my dream winter classic would be to see the canucks play the sens at BC Place (once the new retractable roof is built obviously) or in the proposed Whitecaps FC waterfront stadium (if it's even going to be built) with both teams wearing replicas of what the original sens and millionaires wore during the 1915 finals.

WIN

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Archived