New MLB BP Jerseys

wolverinefan719

I've been hearing for a while now that all MLB teams will be getting new BP jerseys this upcoming year. I wasn't really sure if this was true until I was listening to WLW here in Cincy and Reds owner Phil Castellini said something about "unveiling new Jerseys at RedsFest". At first I was like dang they just got new jerseys a couple of years ago. But then earlier today when I was reading the reds blog Better off red and Blogger Jamie Ramsey posted some pics of a Drew stubbs at a public outing wearing what I assume is the Reds new BP jersey for this year. But anyway here are some pics. Notice it is a full button up instead of just the two buttons from previous years.

stubbs-kiss-02-thumb-500x333-2547951.jpg

stubbs-kiss-04-thumb-500x333-2547991.jpg

stubbs-kiss-01-thumb-500x333-2547931.jpg

michigan.png

Is that....MS Script font? The generic Microsoft Word script font???

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

I didn't know the name of it, but I recognized it like you did. What is the appeal of using a super generic font? The G.S Warriors went with a totally generic word mark for their new identity. That seems like the move of an over bearing owner or something. Why even pay someone to design for you if your going to mail it in on the word mark.

P.S That baseball man looks like he is high on PCP

So it looks like 2 teams (CIN. LAD) have eschewed the different-color collar panel in favor of a more traditional look. I hope the majority of teams follow suit.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

I didn't know the name of it, but I recognized it like you did. What is the appeal of using a super generic font? The G.S Warriors went with a totally generic word mark for their new identity. That seems like the move of an over bearing owner or something. Why even pay someone to design for you if your going to mail it in on the word mark.

P.S That baseball man looks like he is high on PCP

haha i actually know the guy in the suit, hes a pretty gunny character. but anyways, i really hate that script, i never really liked batting practice jerseys that much the script even further ruins the jersey. i did ,however,like how the now older bp jerseys were two button pullovers, use that without those side panels and i think it works

maehl.png

This is the reason why short-named teams really need to go with a chest logo, or use the city name. The Reds have it right with their regular home and road. The Rays really need to fix their home.

As for this particular jersey, being that it's a BP, I like it. It is certainly not game worthy, but you can be a little goofy with the BP. The large script makes for a good amount of white on it to counter the bright red.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived