NFL Weekly Uniform Notes

Bmac

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's that time again kids...

Infrared41's best and worst looking games of the week. With pictures!!! :rolleyes:

Best...

This week's top game was a tough call. There were quite a few good looking games but no truly "great" looking game.

1. 2. Patriots - Bears: One of the best "modern" looks in the NFL playing the best home uniform in the NFL. Add in the snow and it just had to be number one on this week's list.

Patriots_Bears_Football.sff_77268_game.jpg

2. Seahawks - 49ers: Simply switching to white pants at home would probably put the Seahawks on this list every week. Their colors are unique and their uniforms are well done. Their road uniforms look great. They just insist on ruining them by doing the all blue thing at home. The 49ers are, as usual, perfect. San Francisco looks so good that you almost believe Alex Smith is an NFL QB.

Seahawks_49ers_Football.sff_77241_game.jpg

3. Rams - Saints: Throw some stripes on those pants and the Rams would look even better. The Saints finally decide to get it right with the gold pants at home.

Rams_Saints_Football.sff_77207_game.jpg

4. Packers - Lions: One of the top road looks in the NFL and a flawed but still pretty good "upated" Lions uniform makes for a decent looking game.

Packers_Lions_Football.sff_77155_game.jpg

5. Buccaneers - Redskins: Tampa Bay has the best "modern" uniform in the NFL. The Redskins lose points for the white pants. (yeah, I know the white pants actually match the uniform but the gold just looks so good) Still not a bad looking game.

Buccaneers_Redskins_Football.sff_77169_game.jpg

Worst...

1. Broncos - Cardinals: This game sums up everything that can go wrong with "modern" uniforms. The Cardinals get extra credit for the monochrome red. Another perfect storm of God awful uniforms. Clown suits plain and simple.

Hard to tell the difference isn't it?

Broncos_Cardinals_Football.sff_77415_game.jpgBroncos_Cardinals_Football.sff_77287_game.jpg

2. Ravens - Texans: This one is based on the Texans wearing those all red monstrosities tomorrow night. There aren't any pictures yet and for that we should consider ourselves fortunate.

That's it for this week. Thanks for tuning in.

BB52Big.jpg

Teams have to declare which jersey they will wear for each home game before the season starts (although inexplicably they can mix and match the pants at any time). If the Eagles were to decide to wear green now the Cowboys would have to approve the change, and I don't think they would. It was a big story in the preseason when it was announced the Cowboys would wear white every game this season for the first time in nearly 40 years.

Didn't they wear blue on Thanksgiving?

Best uniform of the day to me yesterday? The Kansas City Chiefs' road look.

Utilize the white pants on the road sparingly, Chefs. That road look yesterday w/ red pants might well be the best in the whole league, hear me tell it.

(While I'm on this subject, think I'll nominate last week's Chiefs @ Seahawks game for best-looking of the season.)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

You know... it pisses me off to see the Vikings logos on Ford Field. Really? Everyone knows that it isn't the Vikings home field. Would the Bears paint the Packers "G" at Soldier Field? What about the Broncos logo at Arrowhead? Or how about the Eagles logo over the star at Cowboy Stadium?

You know... it pisses me off to see the Vikings logos on Ford Field. Really? Everyone knows that it isn't the Vikings home field. Would the Bears paint the Packers "G" at Soldier Field? What about the Broncos logo at Arrowhead? Or how about the Eagles logo over the star at Cowboy Stadium?

Stop crying.

Does anyone know what that thing is that Brian Cushing has stuck to his right arm?

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Stop crying.

Great response to a legitimate point.

Stop crying.

What were they supposed to do, leave the Lions logos on the field while neither team participating in the game was the Lions? If they can paint the Vikes logos on in time, why not? It was the Vikings field tonight. This is the NFL, not the Michigan state high school football tourney.

Stop crying.

What were they supposed to do, leave the Lions logos on the field while neither team participating in the game was the Lions? If they can paint the Vikes logos on in time, why not? It was the Vikings field tonight. This is the NFL, not the Michigan state high school football tourney.

A plain field would probably have been the classy thing to do. GFB has a point. Say the Bears, for whatever reason, had to play a home game in Green Bay. Would the Packers paint the Chicago C at midfield? I think not.

It just seems like the NFL takes pleasure pissing off the Lions.

Anything to make a buck...

snowbowl.png

Well it's the only bowl the Vikes will be playing in this year.

That's actually not bad.

A snow bowl in a DOME? That's stupid.

Fine then. Snow globe.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Archived