Red Wings alternate logo

JJSCOTT

Don't wanna mess with the Wings primary logo since it would be hard to improve on so I took a different approach... using the unofficial mascot the octopus.

It usually appears as a purple creature but I didn't care for the color combo. So instead I took the blue/purple/gray color that has appeared on some older Wings jerseys. Few things I am not really sold on with the logo yet so this is just a place to start. Fire away with C&C!

ace8675a.jpg

Mhockeyavatar-1.jpgMRink.jpgMhockeyavatarmaize-1.jpg

Not necessarily a criticism of your logo specifically, but I've always wondered why a team would want a logo of their mascot destroying an important piece of equipment that they need to play their sport. Sharks and Panthers instantly come to mind. If anything, wouldn't you want for your mascot to have some kind of super enhanced version of the equipment, showing that maybe they're better than the other teams because they have better stuff? You don't win too many hockey games with broken sticks.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Not necessarily a criticism of your logo specifically, but I've always wondered why a team would want a logo of their mascot destroying an important piece of equipment that they need to play their sport. Sharks and Panthers instantly come to mind. If anything, wouldn't you want for your mascot to have some kind of super enhanced version of the equipment, showing that maybe they're better than the other teams because they have better stuff? You don't win too many hockey games with broken sticks.

They stole the stick from the other team, after hijacking the equipment truck and kidnapping the equipment manager...it's a show of strength.

Nice job man...

and now that you've brought back the memories for me, what the hell were with those blue jerseys? Just a fashion jersey? I remember black ones too watching games at the Joe mid to late 90's.

haha yeah thought about using black as a 3rd color too but I dunno why but I always kinda thought those "blue"ish jerseys looked cool.

Mhockeyavatar-1.jpgMRink.jpgMhockeyavatarmaize-1.jpg

Does anyone have pics of the "blue" jerseys?

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

only place i could find one was on ebay...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170582493346&category=24510&_trksid=p5197.c0.m619#ht_500wt_1156

Wait... What!? The Wings actually wore that...that THING???

it's a fashion jersey that came out in the mid to late 90's. the wings never wore it.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170582493346&category=24510&_trksid=p5197.c0.m619#ht_500wt_1156

it's a fashion jersey that came out in the mid to late 90's. the wings never wore it.

I believe it was only done for playoff teams and sold on NHL.com's shop. I have a light blue Avalanche jersey and I recall there was one for the Rangers too. I'm at my parents place now for the holidays, but I'll try to remember to take a pic tomorrow and post it up.

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

I believe it was only done for playoff teams and sold on NHL.com's shop. I have a light blue Avalanche jersey and I recall there was one for the Rangers too. I'm at my parents place now for the holidays, but I'll try to remember to take a pic tomorrow and post it up.

They were NEVER worn on ice. They are just fashion jerseys.

I know that it would be difficult to add to the current design, but that's actually a good idea. However, rather than having the octopus have a special stick, he could show off his ability to use multiple sticks at the same time, perhaps a mirrored image where his front two left arms and front two right arms are hlding sticks, the two sticks crossing in front of him.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Archived