New logo for Super Bowl XLVI

dcameronh

Hey Guys, I know it is a bit early but has anyone seen the new Super Bowl XLVI logo yet? Just thought I would put this out there.

Take the one from this year, put an "I" on the end of it, and BOOM! Super Bowl XLVI's logo.

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

Hey Guys, I know it is a bit early but has anyone seen the new Super Bowl XLVI logo yet? Just thought I would put this out there.

Perhaps you missed this...

http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/news/story?id=4886793

Nope, I didn't miss that. I know they have said it should be similar but I'm just wondering if anyone as seen the new one yet to see if they actually are making the Superbowl logos with a cookie cutter from now on. I think it is ridicules so I hope the reports are wrong and they go in a different direction with the next one.

Perhaps you missed this...

http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/news/story?id=4886793

Nope, I didn't miss that. I know they have said it should be similar but I'm just wondering if anyone as seen the new one yet to see if they actually are making the Superbowl logos with a cookie cutter from now on. I think it is ridicules so I hope the reports are wrong and they go in a different direction with the next one.

Seriously? Which part of "standard logo" was confusing?

From the second paragraph of the article:

"There is a new logo for every Super Bowl, but starting with the 2011 Super Bowl, the theme of the logo will basically remain the same. The only differences from year to year are the stadium backdrop and the Roman numerals for the game."

they usually have the new Super Bowl logo in the Official program released just before the Super Bowl. With the change they made last year it did not appear in there (might have been still being finalized) but I would think they would go back to having it in the program since they've stated they logo will basically remain the same. I am curious to see what tweaks they make if any.

I didn't like super bowl xlv's logo back then, don't like it now. It's so bland and lifeless.

There's something disconcerting about the process of consolidating designs for a major sports brand into a system of blandness. It's like eventually the NFL will dumb down each team to 1-color schemes and go by only their city names.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

I agree. The conference trophies always reminded me of how it felt to earn your way into the Super Bowl. The backdrop was my favorite thing about them. Now the conference trophies look like something your pee wee football team is handed win they win the championship. Now, I'm sure some people might flame me for this, but am I the only one who has never truly respected the design of the Vince Lombardi trophy? I just feel it's a very cheap representation of a team declared "World Champions".

NYCFC - MLS CUP CHAMPIONS - 2021

Those old conference trophies had character. I liked them. Shame they're gone for some generic nasty looking replacements.

They had character because we're use to them. Sure the new ones are generic and bland, but if the old ones came out today, we'd be all over them for being ugly. Is there a way to come up with better trophies? Sure. Maybe the idea of Halas and Lombardi with their foot on a stadium for each trophy? Or maybe Halas and Lombardi each holding up a stadium with the AFC and NFC logo on top of the stadium.

Anyone find pictures of the new Lamar Hunt & George Halas trophies?

nfl-trophies.png

The NFL didn't have to change the trophy its like the NWA changing the world title they could've just replace the AFC & NFC logo.

Too bad the SuperBowl logo is practicaly the same I was hoping for a racing theme for XLVI.

Based on what I've seen so far, I think the logo itself will remain the same, but everything around it (poster, tickets, secondary colors, jerseys, t-shirts, banners, city themes) will continue to change year to year. So it looks like the Super Bowl will retain some measure of individuality every year.

Based on what I've seen so far, I think the logo itself will remain the same, but everything around it (poster, tickets, secondary colors, jerseys, t-shirts, banners, city themes) will continue to change year to year. So it looks like the Super Bowl will retain some measure of individuality every year.

Each of these Super Bowl logo "systems" will have a base color palette, as well as a regional color palette. Here's this year's:

SuperBowl_PLC_2010_SOL_SRGB.png

The logos will be reproduced in grayscale in print, but - as was already mentioned - the artwork will reflect regional elements.

And, embroidery will represent simplified versions (as was also previously mentioned).

Each of these Super Bowl logo "systems" will have a base color palette, as well as a regional color palette. Here's this year's:

SuperBowl_PLC_2010_SOL_SRGB.png

The logos will be reproduced in grayscale in print, but - as was already mentioned - the artwork will reflect regional elements.

And, embroidery will represent simplified versions (as was also previously mentioned).

All the retail apparel for the game is black, gray, red, navy and blue. Not sure why they decided to add the red.

And to everyone who's bashing these new trophies already: Let's give them a chance and actually wait until we can see them before writing them off as bland and boring. They're definitely not solid silver footballs like the one on top of the Lombardi Trophy. They're actually very airy, dynamic and sculptural, in my opinion.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Archived