NHL All-Star Jerseys Revealed!

nash61

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like them.

However, I'm wondering why the NHL doesn't experiment with both dark colored jerseys. I can understand the need of a white vs colored jersey when the TV was black and white, but with HD, I don't see why they can't try. If you look at various beer leagues, there's no problem with both teams using dark jerseys.

It would be sweet to see red vs blue on the ice, not white vs blue.

AllStar02.png

All-Star Game 2002

Both teams again wear colored jerseys in the final year of the North America vs. World format. The colors are similar enough that at times it was difficult to distinguish the two teams. That problem would be rectified the following season.

So they tried and failed. They'd need more vivid shades of red and blue to make it work, I guess. Having so much black on both sweaters using identical templates probably didn't help.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

p3445612reg.jpgp3445693reg.jpg

They look like the 07 jerseys

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

I like them.

However, I'm wondering why the NHL doesn't experiment with both dark colored jerseys. I can understand the need of a white vs colored jersey when the TV was black and white, but with HD, I don't see why they can't try. If you look at various beer leagues, there's no problem with both teams using dark jerseys.

It would be sweet to see red vs blue on the ice, not white vs blue.

AllStar02.png

All-Star Game 2002

Both teams again wear colored jerseys in the final year of the North America vs. World format. The colors are similar enough that at times it was difficult to distinguish the two teams. That problem would be rectified the following season.

So they tried and failed. They'd need more vivid shades of red and blue to make it work, I guess. Having so much black on both sweaters using identical templates probably didn't help.

They could use different shades of red and blue to have them look more different.

Good catch about the 2002 ASG. I had forgotten about that one.

Four times IHL Nielson Cup Champions - Montréal Shamrocks (2008-2009 // 2009-2010 // 2012-2013 // 2014-2015)

Five times TNFF Confederation Cup Champions - Yellowknife Eagles (2009 CC VI // 2010 CC VII // 2015 CC XII // 2017 CC XIV // 2018 CC XV)

Green vs. blue would be a tacit endorsement of the Hartford Whalers. Well, no, not really, but does anyone remember how some people here lost their crap at some facetious "Hartford Whalers 2006 Stanley Cup Champions" sig banners?

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Numbers RUIN it!

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Oh god... I had such high hopes for this jersey, and now they introduce collar numbers, plus those sleeves are an eye-sore.

The NHL should institute a rule that all future all-star games should look exactly like the one in Minnesota, and the only difference from year to year, would be allowing the jerseys to represent the host team's colors.

For the most part they are pretty decent looking and better than what they've had for the last couple of years. The pin stripes are another unnecessary element, which is actually better looking than the the piping that goes to nowhere or the apron stripes. If they capped it off with a stripe then it would be better.

I absolutely hate the number on the front, period. This isn't Europe. For years and years everyone was fine without numbers anywhere on the front so I don't understand the need for them. What I'm worried is that this could be Reebok trying to bring in a new standard for all new future jerseys, not just in the NHL, but everywhere else.

Archived