NHL 2011-2012: Possible Uniform Changes

uah8tr

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On what jersey from Philadelphia's past is that Flyers jersey based on? Even though I wouldn't mind em', they look fake to me.

None. Who says they have to be based on a past jersey? The Flyers only have a few jersey templates from their past, and they're already currently using one of them.

17d39f21-957a-437b-8af3-d3e112b5259f.gif

None. It doesn't have to be based on one from the past. I doubt that's real, as I doubt that the designs have been finalized yet, but if so, it's very disappointing, because the Flyers have always had sleeve coloring as opposed to shoulder-yoke coloring, and any deviation from that just doesn't look right, unless of course they're using a totally different crest-less design (like a Quakers-inspired look.)

That may be the longest single sentence I've ever typed.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

None. It doesn't have to be based on one from the past. I doubt that's real, as I doubt that the designs have been finalized yet, but if so, it's very disappointing, because the Flyers have always had sleeve coloring as opposed to shoulder-yoke coloring, and any deviation from that just doesn't look right, unless of course they're using a totally different crest-less design (like a Quakers-inspired look.)

We both made the point that the jersey doesn't need to be based on past jerseys, so your point about sleeve/yoke coloring can be answered by that. Just because they haven't had a colored shoulder-yoke before doesn't mean they can't or shouldn't go with it now. I kinda like the simplicity of the design, and have always wondered what a more simple, "classic" Flyers jersey would look like, so it works for me. But again, I don't even know if these are them. I got the pic from another site, as a leak, not a concept, but I don't know the truth either way.

We both made the point that the jersey doesn't need to be based on past jerseys, so your point about sleeve/yoke coloring can be answered by that. Just because they haven't had a colored shoulder-yoke before doesn't mean they can't or shouldn't go with it now. I kinda like the simplicity of the design, and have always wondered what a more simple, "classic" Flyers jersey would look like, so it works for me. But again, I don't even know if these are them. I got the pic from another site, as a leak, not a concept, but I don't know the truth either way.

Oh I get that, I just think that when you've had one "defining" design element for you entire existence, it's reasonable to assume that if you had existed back in the '40s or whenever, you'd still have that element, so it should be included even in a faux-back. So while I understand why it might be there, I don't agree with it.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

They could be based on the Philadelphia Quakers' jeresys:

quakers.png?w=450&h=234

Please tell me those aren't real. I pray that the Rangers wouldn't use that basketball-style script that looks horrible on hockey jerseys (Atlanta, Dallas). I doubt they'd use a horrible modern trend on a jersey that's supposed to be vintage, but yet again, adding vintage white automatically makes it cool and vintage, right? :rolleyes:

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Oh I get that, I just think that when you've had one "defining" design element for you entire existence, it's reasonable to assume that if you had existed back in the '40s or whenever, you'd still have that element, so it should be included even in a faux-back. So while I understand why it might be there, I don't agree with it.

I hear ya, but to me, the only thing that really defines a Flyers jersey is the logo.

They could be based on the Philadelphia Quakers' jeresys:

quakers.png?w=450&h=234

Please tell me those aren't real. I pray that the Rangers wouldn't use that basketball-style script that looks horrible on hockey jerseys (Atlanta, Dallas). I doubt they'd use a horrible modern trend on a jersey that's supposed to be vintage, but yet again, adding vintage white automatically makes it cool and vintage, right? :rolleyes:

This was posted by a Flyers beat writer. I'm assuming he's referring to an old Princeton jersey that's similar to the Quakers design, or vice versa, but I'm sure there are others here who know the history of that more exactly.

BroadStBull Sam Carchidi

#Flyers will unveil WC jerseys soon. They will NOT be the ones that resemble Princeton Tigers, but will hv old-school look and be orange.

Something else I came across today. HBO started filming the Flyers for the 24/7 doc, and they were apparently shooting some on-ice promo stuff of them today. I'm just wondering what's up with wearing the wrong helmets. You'd think they'd want to get a detail like that correct. It looks weird.

ProngerJagrBryz1_slide.jpg

Technically the script is vintage.

Rangers12.png

OttawaSenators.png

The equipment manager of the Wild just tweeted pictures of helmets with numbers on the front in effect day 1 of the regular season. He says its a new NHL rule to help with the media and refs... are you serious? Can't link to it on my phone but look up @styleswild on twitter to see them. A big phat wtf to the NHL.

The equipment manager of the Wild just tweeted pictures of helmets with numbers on the front in effect day 1 of the regular season. He says its a new NHL rule to help with the media and refs... are you serious? Can't link to it on my phone but look up @styleswild on twitter to see them. A big phat wtf to the NHL.

dFKoC.jpg

qMmjw.jpg

Just means they're on the front of the helmet rather than the back of the helmet. Might look fine. They're high enough that it's not like it's straight-on, you know?

What doesn't look fine is that Minnesota seems to have two hockey teams.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Just means they're on the front of the helmet rather than the back of the helmet. Might look fine. They're high enough that it's not like it's straight-on, you know?

What doesn't look fine is that Minnesota seems to have two hockey teams.

@styleswild

Styleswild

All players in the NHL will have #'s on the front and back of there helmets,starting game 1

That's fine. If it means that less teams will tack on front jersey numbers then it's a good thing.

Wasn't media identification the idea behind upper-left front numbers (it was a design concept for the Stars, and a bad one)? There, now the Sharks and Sabres can get rid of them.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Those front numbers don't look so bad and within a week I'll be used to it.

Pictures of Heatley's helmet reminds me. Among the tens of things I dislike about Dany Heatley, one of them is that ridiculously huge visor he wears. It comes down to his mouth and looks like one of those dorky motorcycle helmets.

dany-heatley.jpg

Airoh_Jet_55_Silver_Motorcycle_Helmet.jpg

That's a silly reason, but it's bugged me ever since he went to it.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Archived