NHL 2011-2012: Possible Uniform Changes

uah8tr

The Panthers continue to wear their 3rd jerseys in the pre-season. I thought they were retiring them?

The whole point is to reach as quickly as possible, the mimimum # of times it has to be worn (insert official rule here). For some reason, the team is not allowed to retire it, yet. They want to retire it though, and the they are doing what they can so that during the home games, they will be in red most of the time. I wouldn't even be surprised if they try to wear the alt on the road down the stretch.

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Panthers continue to wear their 3rd jerseys in the pre-season. I thought they were retiring them?

The whole point is to reach as quickly as possible, the mimimum # of times it has to be worn (insert official rule here). For some reason, the team is not allowed to retire it, yet. They want to retire it though, and the they are doing what they can so that during the home games, they will be in red most of the time. I wouldn't even be surprised if they try to wear the alt on the road down the stretch.

Is this a new rule? The Kings ditched their "Burger King" 3rd jersey in the 90's after 1-2 uses, and the Blues never wore that 3rd jersey with the trumpets on it.

The Panthers' double-blues this year are experiencing a similar fate as Dallas' infamous "Mooterus" thirds. The team wants nothing to do with them, but is contractually required to wear them a certain number of times during the seasoon. They've been in contact with their opponents to arrange to wear them on the road as much as possible, and any home games they're stuck wearing them will probably be for their least desirable matchups.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

The Panthers' double-blues this year are experiencing a similar fate as Dallas' infamous "Mooterus" thirds. The team wants nothing to do with them, but is contractually required to wear them a certain number of times during the seasoon. They've been in contact with their opponents to arrange to wear them on the road as much as possible, and any home games they're stuck wearing them will probably be for their least desirable matchups.

Interesting. I didn't realize (or forgot, in the case of the Stars) there was such a rule. Thanks for clearing that up, Sodboy and habsfan. Since there are always opportunities to wear color on the road, it's smart that the Panthers do that. Of course, if these preseason games count, why not just relegate them to that for five years? "Spring training" jerseys for the NHL. :)

Did anybody notice the new font on Detroit's nameplates?

2010/11: http://nhluniforms.com/RedWings/RedWings18.html

2011/12: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KCt4YnT6URk&feature=channel_video_title

You can clearly see a new font on the back of Bertuzzi's jersey; not arched, serifs, etc.

This is ALWAYS the case in the preseason. It will be back to normal when the season begins.

You can clearly see a new font on the back of Bertuzzi's jersey; not arched, serifs, etc.

This is ALWAYS the case in the preseason. It will be back to normal when the season begins.

*phew*

*Images of favorite sports teams/players*

Exactly, the team hates it, and wants it gone- but they are pigeonholed into using it alteast one more year. More they use it during the preseason, less we see it during the regular season.

Ideally, they'll wear it all of december or january and be doen with it.

5cd0422806939bbe71c4668bc7e4fd92.gif

Exactly, the team hates it, and wants it gone- but they are pigeonholed into using it alteast one more year. More they use it during the preseason, less we see it during the regular season.

Try and customize a Boston Bruins jersey.. New font is definately not just a preseason-thing.. or is it? :therock:

*phew*

http://boards.sportslogos.net/index.php?showtopic=3117

Look at the date.

/discussion

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Does anybody know why the Panthers are forced to wear this monstrosity? It will be the third season the jersey has seen action and if I remember correctly, the Mooterus was around for only two.

^^My, oh my does that "A" look horrid with "RANGERS" already on the jersey:

large.jpg?1317411250

Does anyone know much about the team that the Rangers are playing? The Forlunda Indians? I don't get that "V" type logo on the front of the jersey.

They were once called Västra Frölunda (Western Frölunda), hence the 'VF' logo scheme. The team was described as playing 'Wild West' hockey partly due to the name and later on took the name Frölunda Indians. The jersey is a throwback.

vfl_hockey_shirt_258.jpg

Does anybody know why the Panthers are forced to wear this monstrosity? It will be the third season the jersey has seen action and if I remember correctly, the Mooterus was around for only two.

If I remember correctly they introduced it late in the 2009-2010 season, which means this would only be its second season as a full time alternate.

large.jpg?1317411250

Does anyone know much about the team that the Rangers are playing? The Forlunda Indians? I don't get that "V" type logo on the front of the jersey.

They were once called Västra Frölunda (Western Frölunda), hence the 'VF' logo scheme. The team was described as playing 'Wild West' hockey partly due to the name and later on took the name Frölunda Indians. The jersey is a throwback.

vfl_hockey_shirt_258.jpg

Weezer_logo.jpg

bufg.png

large.jpg?1317411250

vfl_hockey_shirt_258.jpg

Weezer_logo.jpg

Anyone else notice that Lundqivst has an "A" on his jersey?

The European teams that have been playing the NHL teams on their tours have worn sponsorless jerseys this week. It is refreshing to see, and you can see the history/heritage/culture of those clubs shine out, without being completely cheapened by ads on every shred of space.

Juventus.png

The European teams that have been playing the NHL teams on their tours have worn sponsorless jerseys this week. It is refreshing to see, and you can see the history/heritage/culture of those clubs shine out, without being completely cheapened by ads on every shred of space.

Sadly not quite all of them. Jokerit still had adverts on their jerseys in the game against the Ducks:

317494_10150332431118472_99917438471_8308075_238991037_n.jpg

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

Archived