NHL 2011-2012: Possible Uniform Changes

uah8tr

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^^My, oh my does that "A" look horrid with "RANGERS" already on the jersey:

large.jpg?1317411250

Does anyone know much about the team that the Rangers are playing? The Forlunda Indians? I don't get that "V" type logo on the front of the jersey.

They were once called Västra Frölunda (Western Frölunda), hence the 'VF' logo scheme. The team was described as playing 'Wild West' hockey partly due to the name and later on took the name Frölunda Indians. The jersey is a throwback.

vfl_hockey_shirt_258.jpg

Weezer_logo.jpg

brand.gif

Not that I don't like Weezer, but that logo is a parody of Van Halen.

Did anybody notice the new font on Detroit's nameplates?

2010/11: http://nhluniforms.com/RedWings/RedWings18.html

2011/12: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KCt4YnT6URk&feature=channel_video_title

You can clearly see a new font on the back of Bertuzzi's jersey; not arched, serifs, etc.

This is ALWAYS the case in the preseason. It will be back to normal when the season begins.

*phew*

http://boards.sportslogos.net/index.php?showtopic=3117

Look at the date.

/discussion

It's not the NHL preseason on a sports logos board until someone points out that the Red Wings changed their nameplate font. It's like tradition, now. :P

Wow. Wrong font, wrong coloured collars, wrong shade of light blue. Bravo.

If you look at the road jersey hanging all the way on the right and the home hanging all the way on the left, you can see the shading on the jet in the primary is reversed. I don't know which is right, but I know one of them is wrong!

Speaking of which, we can now see what the league will collectively look like in 2011-2012! If you ask me it's looking better every year.

http://www.nhluniforms.com/2011-12.html

Crazy how just 5 seasons after the Edge Rollout, 10 teams have replaced their initial home and away jerseys. Heres what needs to go next...

Bruins - Third

Flames - Home and Away

Avalanche - ALL three

Stars - ALL three

Oilers - Third

Senators - Home and Away

Penguins - Home and Away

Blues - Home and Away

Lightning - Third

And now you can see all the new uniforms on the 2011-12 season page on The Hockey Uniform Database...

On your desktop...

...on your laptop...

iPhone1.png

...and now on your mobile device!

You Sir, are a God!!

It is my understanding that Nashville is keeping their current third as a third and not just rolling with a home and away, as per the Style Guide.

In addition, I believe that LA is going with their old home as the only Alt...

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

It is my understanding that Nashville is keeping their current third as a third and not just rolling with a home and away, as per the Style Guide.

I've been to 3 preseason games in Nashville this year and have not seen a single black and blue jersey on sale in the building. All of the "retro" gear, including the jersey t-shirts with the 3rd jersey logo and number style, is currently on major discount. Officially, the 3rd has been put on hiatus, which tells me either a navy blue alternate is in the works, or Reebok forced them not to permanently retire it so they could still sell it via NHL Shop, etc.

Twitter • Facebook • Instagram • LinkedIn • Tumblr

Speaking of which, we can now see what the league will collectively look like in 2011-2012! If you ask me it's looking better every year.

Crazy how just 5 seasons after the Edge Rollout, 10 teams have replaced their initial home and away jerseys. Heres what needs to go next...

Bruins - Third

Flames - Home and Away

Avalanche - ALL three

Stars - ALL three

Oilers - Third

Senators - Home and Away

Penguins - Home and Away

Blues - Home and Away

Lightning - Third

Someone please tell me that the Oilers are not actually keeping those navy blue, and copper 3rd jerseys?

I would also make Anaheim's third the primary with a matching road and also make the Wild consistent.

never has been consistent:

nor should it ever be consistent:

You realize that the North Stars are not affiliated with the Wild, right?

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Bruins - Third

Flames - Home and Away

Avalanche - ALL three

Stars - ALL three

Oilers - Third

Senators - Home and Away

Penguins - Home and Away

Blues - Home and Away

Lightning - Third

Someone please tell me that the Oilers are not actually keeping those navy blue, and copper 3rd jerseys?

At least for this year. =\

I've been to 3 preseason games in Nashville this year and have not seen a single black and blue jersey on sale in the building. All of the "retro" gear, including the jersey t-shirts with the 3rd jersey logo and number style, is currently on major discount. Officially, the 3rd has been put on hiatus, which tells me either a navy blue alternate is in the works, or Reebok forced them not to permanently retire it so they could still sell it via NHL Shop, etc.

Hmmm... that is odd... I guess the plans were changed because it IS listed as their current 3rd as per the Style Guide.

And interesting to note about the Kings...

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

Archived