NHL 2011-2012: Possible Uniform Changes

uah8tr

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First look at the new Panthers road jersey?

a9724cdf7859ede3b27cba0482c95e45-getty-127582577.jpg

It looks odd now to not see piping where the red and white meet. Always bothered me with Florida, that shoulder logo looks awfully small.

Besides the half assed horizontal stripe on the arm, that actually...looks....good?

OMG? It DOES look good! I think the Panthers are no longer on the "Epic Fail" roster. Amazing...

It's certainly an improvement but hardly a great design in its own right. It still uses arguably the worst template of the Edge Rollout and that's saying a lot. Its a shame they didn't go traditional and come up with something similar to their inaugural jerseys

It looks odd now to not see piping where the red and white meet. Always bothered me with Florida, that shoulder logo looks awfully small.

Besides the half assed horizontal stripe on the arm, that actually...looks....good?

OMG? It DOES look good! I think the Panthers are no longer on the "Epic Fail" roster. Amazing...

It's certainly an improvement but hardly a great design in its own right. It still uses arguably the worst template of the Edge Rollout and that's saying a lot. Its a shame they didn't go traditional and come up with something similar to their inaugural jerseys

I agree! It could be better, but it's been much worse. I'm just saying if there is a list of teams that are in dire need of change, Florida is no longer on that list. They get a marginal pass now!

shamrockles.png

shamrocklescronological.png

This video gives a better look at the new Sens sweater. I would have liked it if they had the stripes on the pants like the rest of the set. I'm not sure if I like the O on the pants either. Other than that though I am in love with this jersey. I will gladly make this my first Reebok edge purchase.

Jacob Barette did a great job off ripping off my jersey concept, congrats to the Sens for upgrading their thirds, though.

From the video it sounds like he's been working on this for a couple of years. The Sens concepts on your site all appear to be dated in 2011.

zzPEfBm.png

He had the original jersey from a year earlier, but the one they chose looked way tooo much like mine. I made them in december and January.

Oh. The two do look very close but not knowing enough about the actual timeline of what he submitted when I'll hold off judgement. If he in fact did rip you off, that obviously sucks. Hopefully it's a coincidence.

zzPEfBm.png

did you see the thread i posted, i doubt its a coincidence. but i hope.

No, I just clicked on your blog from the link in your signature and scrolled through the concepts. They're definitely similar. Still not sure of the timelines of his original concepts though. I'd have to see both side by side (with dates).

zzPEfBm.png

Every single member on this board has posted that exact same Senators concept at some point over the past decade. It's not exactly an original idea. You didn't get ripped off, bud.

Exactly. The guy getting the credit posted his first one four years ago on HFboards. He's been working with the Sens for the past two. The only thing that's changed from his original is the arm stripes and the addition of vintage white, which was a stipulation of the team to have it be similar to the jerseys of the 1920s.

After seeing the old, historically-preserved sweaters in the video, I don't mind the use of vintage white in this instance as much. What I do mind, though, is the block font used for the player's name and captain's letter. Too thick, too modern. Putting the shoulder =O= on the pants seems redundant, too. I'd love to have seen the 2-D Senator there, instead. Or, you know, anywhere, for that matter.

EDIT: Check out the scarf and toque being offered in a package deal along with a replica of the new jersey and a game ticket for $130(!) Those, much like the deal, are pretty awesome.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I agree! It could be better, but it's been much worse. I'm just saying if there is a list of teams that are in dire need of change, Florida is no longer on that list. They get a marginal pass now!

I prefer the originals as well, but this year's primaries will be as close to that look as they've been since they ditched it. I'll live with the Edge template minus bib strings, especially considering that a year ago they seemed headed for double blue. Now, if they'd just stop wearing those alts right now and commit to the full rebrand/return to red.

Archived